Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Vs Banshee, Current Versions

Nyxcha

Question

Ok i have the Saryn, and found its first skill to be very dissapointing, working on getting to the ultimate skill. but all in all the frame seems weak right now.

what is banshee like? which of them performs better?

9 answers to this question

Well I'm operating on the Banshee I was playing just yesterday, I dunno what updates have changed...

But I love her. I think her first skill has a lot of uses, it's mainly used as an escape tactic or helping to push back the infested wave. The other great thing about knockdown is now we have ground attacks that do nice damage, though its hard to groundpound more than 2 targets because of the time the animations take both attacking and enemies standing up.

As for her Sonar ability, I would absolutely LOVE it if one of three of these things happen.

1. Keep current effect, reduce power cost. Really? 100 power?

2. Keep cost but Increase time the critical spot is displayed, because its sometimes harder to kill more than 2 enemies before the powers over and the spots stop glowing

3. Fix sonar effect to show enemies through terrain and or increase the range greater than 1 room

Attacking the glowing orange spots can be tricky, but if you get a glowie head on a ancient then say GOODNIGHT in 1 or 2 blasts from a high powered weapon. I see it's utility and it's great that the entire team benefits from it - ADD MORE TEAM RELATED POWERS, DE!!

Silence is... well it needs work. I have not tested it enough to really tell you what upgrading it does, but the range needs to be buffed right away. I have it rank 2 and it cuts through half a room. The effect is really confusing, I think it makes their ESPN stop from telling other friendlies in the next 3 rooms you're coming (long before alert is sounded). I rarely carry it, but would totally use it if it was tweaked.

Soundquake was really fun, and quickly became my favorite ultimate. You get real close to the ground, and shake rattle and roll the whole level. I could hit grineer on the catwalks from the "landing pad" in the center of asteroid base boss tile area. That was really helpful! It was a trash-mob slayer, hardly worked on harder targets. I did notice however that the quake does NO DAMAGE to bosses. I can't figure out why, or if it's even intended, but bosses just don't get damaged by it. However, from the response above, I bet you this has now changed.

I think she's really fun, has some interesting abilities and is very useful in a room full of baddies. I have not been able to play the game at all today due to the blackouts, but I will test quake to see if it's changed post haste.

I rank her my 4th favorite warframe, with Frost in 3rd, Loki 2nd and Volt 1st.

Hope this helps!

ok, sniperdiz has a good explanation. but the rest of you can you plz give some details for why this is better.

i have a Saryn, which is how i know it's DoT is pathetic atm...

and working on getting banshee. but 200 runs and no blueprints i about to give up.

As a confirmation - Banshee's Ultimate didn't get nerfed, it still does the same amount of damage that I remember it doing. The range may be a bit reduced, but I only noticed the vertical distance being less than I remember.

Oh an, it looks like it's hitting bosses now too.

saryn, because of moult. Miasma (skill 4) does a good job of killing normal units, but the range is a bit short even with max reach. Moult is amazing especially combined with her freakishly high health. You probably will never die. Just spam moult and shoot. If you find yourself surrounded, miasma away. :D Oh and moult doesn't need to be aimed. If you have streamline, don't worry about recasting moult even though the other's still up. If you "feel" it's about to give, moult again, as you would do with a loki. :D think of Saryn as a slower, tankier loki with an AOE kick.

As a confirmation - Banshee's Ultimate didn't get nerfed, it still does the same amount of damage that I remember it doing. The range may be a bit reduced, but I only noticed the vertical distance being less than I remember.

Oh an, it looks like it's hitting bosses now too.

Before the Patch my Sound Quake does 200 DMG per 2 sec. now 40.

^ I concur with the above. My Sound Quake sucks now - 40~ dmg... didn't even kills normal units - I really hope that's not permanent because it's pretty much worthless now.. on a side now I feel like I want to use sonar more :)

I agree with Sniperdiz on all the points really. Especially Sonar and Silence.

Sonar is just so cool but so weak, 100 energy, not even good range and doesn't last near long enough for weak spots. It should go through walls

Silence, I still have to test more for stealth but it is kind of frustrating how useless it is once everyone is alerted. It should be go through walls, have a little longer range imo. But overall I think it could be a good skill but it's very niche.

I also would like to know what's upgraded when you level the skill mods up. It doesn't tell us yet when we highlight the mod :(