The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A New Warframe?

Taralasian

If DE wants to go out of the box they'll introduce a frame with integrated weapons systems take a page out of armored Core's systems and make a pure gun ranged frame cant equip weapons. All the power is in its abilities with modifiable abilities. Example.

Gunboat

1. Full Auto rapid fire cone attack hitting anything within a large cone area roots character in place while firing. (Lots of bullets)

2. Missile Barrage: Lock on attack requiring LOS firing off a cluster of missiles and able to be fired while on the move.

3. Fire In the Hole: firing a grenade simular to the penta that explodes instead on impact instead of automated delay. 

4. Particle Cannon: Employing all power to weapons a large wide beam engulfs all the warframe sees laying waste to its opposition

Primary weapon: Gun Single version of the Full auto attack. (right arm)

Secondary Weapon: Shot gun intergrated to the left arm. Opposite the 3's Grenade launcher.

Melee strike: Open Palm Strikes. 

It'd be about the size of the Rhino maybe a tad larger. =) Now THAT would be a hell of a warframe.

I've been wanting a munitions based frame for a while now, and the one you suggested is pretty cool sounding, though I'd replace the palm strikes with arm-mounted pilebunkers if the arms have guns for hands. Before Zephyr I was thinking of a rocket/missile frame that had powers like a launchable rocket, cone mini-missile volley/swarm with trails the color of the frame's energy (example:

itano-circus.jpg

) a jet-pack or something like Zephyr's tailwind, and either a super missile or an omnidirectional missile-swarm.

Also, light and dark don't have to be about life (trinity) and death (nekros), so I think there's still a place for frames based on those elements. Light could include things like blinds, illusions, lasers, and such. Dark could also have have blinds and accuracy debuffs.

Edited by Rhawkas

So, there are currently nineteen warframes in the game (not including Primes). We know that a new Prime (presumably Loki Prime, but feel free to surprise us all DE!) is on the way, but what about another regular warframe? Surely they can't leave the total count at nineteen.

So I was thinking, what could the twentieth 'frame be? How soon can we expect it? My money is on Update 15. DE seem to have made their way through most of the elemental archetypes, so what sorts of things would you like to see as the next frame to join the roster? Personally, I'm hoping for a light-based frame (sort of a counter to Nekros) - possibly with angelic stylings. Tell me your ideas! :)

Why U15? There's a new frame with every major Update.

10:Nekros

11:Valkyr (and even 11.5:Oberon)

12:Zephyr

13:Hydroid

And I have always believed that Oberon as a paladin is kinda Nekros counterpart.

I've been wanting a munitions based frame for a while now, and the one you suggested is pretty cool sounding, though I'd replace the palm strikes with arm-mounted pilebunkers if the arms have guns for hands. Before Zephyr I was thinking of a rocket/missile frame that had powers like a launchable rocket, cone mini-missile volley/swarm with trails the color of the frame's energy (example:

itano-circus.jpg

) a jet-pack or something like Zephyr's tailwind, and either a super missile or an omnidirectional missile-swarm.

Also, light and dark don't have to be about life (trinity) and death (nekros), so I think there's still a place for frames based on those elements. Light could include things like blinds, illusions, lasers, and such. Dark could also have have blinds and accuracy debuffs.

I'm thinking more 'hidden' weapons systems to keep with the feel of a Ninja type warframe. Because this thing is if designed around just its powers anything BUT  ninja. On the other hand. A Gun popping out of one's wrist? Definitely Ninja.

Grenade launcher popping out of the forearm? Oh yeah. Ninja would have it if he needed it. 

If there's one thing i'm a fan of its weapons just popping out of nowhere. Its doable with the large type warframe like a Rhino and i think it would really add a different level to the game.

You'd have to give it a higher mastery completion level to compensate for its inability and that might be something DE doesnt want to do. Unless they want to initiate the first Rank 5 or higher warframe. 

If you guys are interested, i made a concept for a female stealth warframe. her name is Shadow, she's the female counterpart of Ash like with Excalibur and Nyx and her abilities are based on dark energy.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/239393-warframe-submission-shadow-the-dark-ninja-warframe-ashs-female-counterpart/#entry2783319

Except that Excalibur and Nyx aren't counterparts, they have completely different playstyles,  their abilities have no synergy what-so-ever, from a gameplay perspective they are absolutely nothing alike.

The only similarity is that they almost look like a male a female variation of one warframe, and that's only because Nyx's model was originally going to be just that before they scrapped the whole idea.

Except that Excalibur and Nyx aren't counterparts, they have completely different playstyles,  their abilities have no synergy what-so-ever, from a gameplay perspective they are absolutely nothing alike.

The only similarity is that they almost look like a male a female variation of one warframe, and that's only because Nyx's model was originally going to be just that before they scrapped the whole idea.

How should i call that then? Ash's female form with dark energy based powers? :P