Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revert Ash Bladestorm Hologram

I think it looked much better when Ash spawned Ash clones of you instead of holograms which also feels more like a loki thing.

While I can agree with the fact that it did look better with Ash model clones, it did take more effort to pull off for the game itself.

First it would load in the Excalibur model as a base, then load Ash, and then load in your color scheme, all while instantly zipping around and killing things. I can understand why they changed it to a simple hologram, for performance's sake. You can use Bladestorm while lagging now with less risk of it breaking entirely.

Not going to happen. I want the old, slow, Bladestorm back. It felt more effective at the feeling of being a supah ninja to me. But then, I primarily solo with Ash anyway, so... NOT HAPPENING

How in the world is it more effective back then??

And yeah I kinda agree about the ash model, literal clones actually do look better, but if it really does improve performance, it should just stay as holograms. Though at least make them energy coloured rather than PINK

Edited by Icymountain

While I can agree with the fact that it did look better with Ash model clones, it did take more effort to pull off for the game itself.

First it would load in the Excalibur model as a base, then load Ash, and then load in your color scheme, all while instantly zipping around and killing things. I can understand why they changed it to a simple hologram, for performance's sake. You can use Bladestorm while lagging now with less risk of it breaking entirely.

I highly doubt the extra Ash clones make performance better. I haven't seen changes in fps and secondly, enemy models are just as complicated and there can be a ton of them out at a time. Unless you run the game on a potato it will make no significant difference in performance.

*Edit*

Also it loads base Ash model first as I see a default colored Ash appear for less than a second before i teleport in on laggy servers. Regardless 2 extra frame models are not going to be a performance changer. That would be absurd if only 2 extra frame models that aren't even that high resolution/polycount can kill performance.

Edited by TheJiggliestPoo

I loved the old Ash Bladestorm as well. It's too fast now and its not as epic :( I am not exactly "complaining" or anything, I just enjoyed the epic slow killing spree Ash did. It gave me time to take a &!$$ haha.

I understand why it was sped up.  And yes, I agree for group play it's a little better (I was still out damaging a friends modded Ash with my Rhino's Stomp, sadly) but I kind of miss it when I solo with him...