Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is The Geometry In Basically All Of The Game So Horrible?

CY13ERPUNK

in case this isnt clear, just think about how often you go running by some piece of terrain and get hung up or stuck on it

its like my tenno is running around with the loopy side of velcro all over him and EVERYTHING in the game is covered with the hooky velcro side

srsly, after watching this video and seeing their collision system, it really makes it painfully clear how bad we have it in warframe

http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1020583/Animation-Bootcamp-An-Indie-Approach

additionally, why do virtually all ledges have lips on them? this is especially annoying in the void

in case you dont know what i mean, say you drop into one of the several watery areas in a tile and you want to jump back out? CLONK, you bonk yer head against the lip instead of being able to hurdle over it, yes you can wall-run and flip yer way over, but it is just so much more cumbersome

why were these tiles all designed to be so un-friendly to the very movement that we are supposed to be using to navigate around?

Another forumer(is that even a word?, lol) posted this and the staff have seen it and have passed it around the office, so eventually, whenever movement/parkour 2.0 happens, we might get lucky.

I'm not holding my breath though.

Link

Edited by dragonboss