Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Assistance With Pro Valkyr Build

Ac3ehh

Question

I Think I have a pretty decent build without forma, but with potato

Aura:steel charge

Vitality and Steel fiber are a Staple for any Valk.

Next you will need Rage.

Redirection is optional but i use it.

Now the next 2 mods are up to you. I use it for duration on My hysteria to use when my health get low (to Regen) or to help allies that have fallen.

So here is how Valk works. Attack enemy, get hurt ,use hysteria, get health. Rage helps to get energy between stages 2-3

PS: I use all abilities

Edited by Sunfaiz

What I use for high level content:

Steel Charge

Warcry

Paralysis

Intensify

Blind Rage

Stretch

Vitality

Steel Fiber

Rage

Quick Thinking

Natural Talent

Melee with Life Strike

I've only polarized two ability slots to - and D. My Steel Fiber is only rank8 and I have no points left so I'd need one more forma to max that.

jivngWk.jpg

Many players, myself included, believe this to be the best base build for Valkyr.

Everything else is down to personal opinion. She's a very flexible frame. All four of her skills are extremely good. She scales well with many different playstyles and mods..honestly, just play around and see what direction you want to take it.

EDIT: Also you don't need to use many forma. Honestly don't use Forma unless you actually need it. Also, forma the Vitality/Steel Fiber slots like in my screenshot, because these mods, when maxed, take the most points (usually)

Edited by Churpy

I always read on the forums that steel fiber was less than worthless & that increasing a frame's armor via mods is a waste.  So, out of curiosity, why is Valkyr the exception? 

Because she has 600 base armor compared to 15-65 that almost all other frames have.

I always read on the forums that steel fiber was less than worthless & that increasing a frame's armor via mods is a waste.  So, out of curiosity, why is Valkyr the exception? 

She has 600 base armor - a ridiculous amount. Remember that the mods in Warframe scale from percentages. If I use a maxed steel fiber, and then have an Intensify, and then use Warcry, my armor is around 2260. 

Just for comparison, there are frames with armor as low as 15, the closest to Valkyr is Frost and Rhino (I think?) and they only have 190..armor is the way to go.

The 'typical' build is to spam Hysteria and stay alive. However, Hysteria is rather broken right now. It's not receiving benefit from +power strength or +melee damage. So basically it deals crap damage, and is useful only for the damage immunity. So I ended up using it just to revive / run to exit / use life support etc, and eventually dropped it from my build entirely.

Ripline is nice, but doesn't do anything I can't already do with in game acrobatics/mobility techniques. Paralysis is nice to set off the stun, but is ineffective when using Narrow Minded, which is a huge contribution to keeping War Cry active. So I end up ditching these abilities as well.

The thing that's special about Valkyr is her insanely high armor, and that she has an ability that increases it farther. Thus, I use a max armor build with Vitality, and include power strength, efficiency, and duration mods in order to keep War Cry active more easily.

Because WarCry (with max strength) increases armor to stupid levels, taking damage to your health isn't a huge issue, you take about 10% of what we would take to shields. Thus we can health-tank, and regain energy from Rage, without much risk of death. Warcry also more than doubles your attack speed, so it makes melee weapons a VERY viable option for DPS output. Valkyr thus pairs very nicely with a life strike equipped melee weapon.

The 'advanced' or 'pro' build I use for Valkyr is http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Valkyr/t_30_12404320042_2-4-10-3-10-5-5-8-5-6-6-5-12-1-10-13-5-3-19-9-10-49-2-10-55-7-5-59-3-3-117-0-3_117-4-12-8-49-8-59-9-2-6-13-7-6-6-55-11-5-9-19-7-3-18_54/en/1-0-19/6060/0 which lets you keep Warcry active easily enough (2 orbs every 25 seconds, or ~50 base incoming DPS) and provides the maximum damage reduction.

Edited by Darzk

I use immortal Valkyr for high level survivals.  Even an hour into T4 survival she's still wrecking the heavies.  The main trick to making her effective in late stages is to use her ground slam to knock the heavies onto the ground, then use a channeling deathblow to finish them off.  Some people have commented about the energy consumption of this build, but it's never been a problem for me.  I can chain-cast Hysteria the entire game (and this is necessary in the later stages!).

Here are links to the Valkyr build that I use, as well as her melee weapon:

Valkyre is Hysterical

Dual Zorens for Valkyr

Edited by Grimtongue

Here are links to the Valkyr build that I use, as well as her melee weapon:

Valkyre is Hysterical

Dual Zorens for Valkyr

Except BR and Intensify are no longer adding to Hysteria damage as of U13ish. The power strength mods would make much more sense if planning to use Warcry for the speed buff.

Ichors and Cleavers both provide slightly more damage to Hysteria than Zorens.

I'm not sure if this build: http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Valkyr/t_30_12001120042_1-9-10-2-3-8-3-10-5-12-1-5-14-6-5-55-2-4-59-7-3-117-5-3-118-0-3-119-4-3-256-8-3_118-5-12-6-55-10-2-10-119-7-117-4-14-5-59-9-256-9-1-7-3-18_53/en/1-0-19/11555/0 is considered a "pro" build but it works extremely well for me in all levels of the game, including minute 30 T4 Survival.

It's all focused around Paralysis, with with a ranked strength mod and a max shield, allows for a great amount of damage output each time you use it. Paralysis is special because it costs so little, and with Valkyr, if you use her well, if her shields are down, it doesn't matter. You take damage, gain energy with Rage, and use that energy to cast Warcry and Hysteria.

Paralysis and Warcry work well together, too. Stunning enemies and then using Warcry keeps them in the stunned state for longer, and if you're using melee primarily, that is extremely useful.

It works for me, but it might not for you. You could switch out the shield for a Steel Fiber if you don't care as much about damage output from Paralysis.

Like I said- it works for me, even into the higher tiers- though it may not work for everyone. If you increase the shield recharge rate you can sort of get past that issue. Additionally, taking damage is important, with rage.

Anywho just thought I'd drop in my build to the bunch to diversify it!

Like I said- it works for me, even into the higher tiers- though it may not work for everyone. If you increase the shield recharge rate you can sort of get past that issue. Additionally, taking damage is important, with rage.

Anywho just thought I'd drop in my build to the bunch to diversify it!

The build I posted above focuses mainly on Paralysis with Warcry as secondary. The damage is pathetic so I just use it for the great CC and stealth multiplier for melee. Can do 1h T4 with it.

I can understand building paralysis for the stun and subsequent stealth modifier, just not for the damage. I can never seem to use it effectively tho, assuming teammates or sentinel fire is taking them out of stealth mode? I ususally don't get the stealth modifier, and it bugs me enough I've stopped using it.

But I would find it a lot harder to keep Warcry active with no efficiency or duration mods. 75 energy every 15 seconds seems pretty tough to maintain. That's like 125 incoming raw dps per second to be supplied by Rage. More with what we need to lifestrike tossed in. Maybe at higher levels, but still...

I can understand building paralysis for the stun and subsequent stealth modifier, just not for the damage. I can never seem to use it effectively tho, assuming teammates or sentinel fire is taking them out of stealth mode? I ususally don't get the stealth modifier, and it bugs me enough I've stopped using it.

But I would find it a lot harder to keep Warcry active with no efficiency or duration mods. 75 energy every 15 seconds seems pretty tough to maintain. That's like 125 incoming raw dps per second to be supplied by Rage. More with what we need to lifestrike tossed in. Maybe at higher levels, but still...

Yeah Warcry is hard to keep active with the build I use but I don't need it most of the time. When I do I will have enough energy thanks to Rage.

Full Warcry build would obviously be better and if I ever need more overall dps I'll likely use it instead.

https://twitter.com/HarryTheGross/status/479982375825596416

That's my build^ takes a lot of forma, and you should swap the aura for the anti- whatever faction your facing (keep corrosive projection for void)

You'll NEVER go down :)

(Been to 55 minutes solo survival, on a difficulty 5 mission vs corpus using only dual ichor and sentinel's stinger)

Edited by (PS4)harryjackg