Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

T4 Survival Group, 60 Minutes +

Explodicus

Current record is 70 minutes. Would like to get a group together that can manage at least 60. Need to meet the following requirements.

Weapons allowed: Dread, Boltor Prime, Latron Prime, Angstrum, Stug, Dex Furis, Any Melee. They must all be maxed with Forma and do a f*ckton of damage. Corrosive is required as well.

Nova - Max Duration and Negative Power Strength. Bring antimatter drop (shoot it...)

Nekros - Max Range and High Efficiency. Must have Natural Talent and either max Vitality or Redirection. Army of the dead might be helpful around 50-60 minutes, but is a luxury. 

Vauban - Max Duration and High Effifciency. Bastille (for Vor and late game protection) needs to be a little bigger than normal (maybe a stretch mod). Vauban will have the most stress late game so be prepared!

Strategy

The Strategy involved in reaching 70 minutes was to find either a hallway or a room (hallway preferred) with 2 entrances that we can easily bottleneck. No one is to leave the room for mods or resources (only energy orbs are acceptable). 

Vauban will keep both doorways vortex(ed) at all times while Loki (me) will radial disarm spam to keep their absurd weapon damage down to a minimum.

Nekros will be desecrating the S#&$ out of every living thing, but will also be shooting all the things between every few desecrates.

If this strategy does not work (more than 1 LS capsules have been used in the first 10 minutes or the spawn rate of enemies simply isn't cutting it) then we will move to a large room with many entrances and start the strat over.

Tips:

Shoot Vor is his void stomach.

Make sure you are willing to spend plat on revives. though we shouldn't need them...

Make sure you have revives...

Be able to listen to directions.

I have plenty of keys to use and the rewards have become well worth it (with a good group). Hopefully there are people who can meet these requirements and join me in a survival that will make the leader boards

Edited by Explodicus

Guest Shibboleet

You should find people with Corrosive Projection so that you can kill them faster and not need Corrosive damage type. Just a tip =)

nyx can help do more dmg than the nova it you go for one room strategy.
no need aim to much like antimatter drop of nova .+ chaos  can save ppl from time to time.

Nyx is more useful than Nova in terms of damage.

I would use Nova for Molecular Prime's crowd control effect, and the bonus damage you can deal against enemies who are debuffed when you get so far in that the level scaling becomes a complete joke.

You should find people with Corrosive Projection so that you can kill them faster and not need Corrosive damage type. Just a tip =)

Better to just bring Energy Siphon, though.

It's not that hard to mod your guns for Corrosive...

I highly doubt you'll get much people . . . It's a game after all and most people enjoy playing it for the very own purpose it's made for, to have fun and to get away from the seriousness from everyday's life. Those who do take it serious will most likely be in a good clan already, with premade groups of people that they know and have played with before. For that very own reason I doubt they'd be willing to join in and even listen to some random guy they don't know, not even knowing if he can carry his own weight in a mission. That being said I'm not against such a thing, just letting you know you shouldn't get your hopes up too much. 

Also there are a few MAJOR factors you didn't talk about in your post, which could easily determine if your run is going to be a 1h+ one or not. 

-Location ( US vs EU for example. An EU guy could never complete such a run with a US guy simply because as time goes on, the connection will start to suck more and more up to a point where even the people close to the host will lag, let alone someone from halway across the world ! )

-PC specs ( Medium spec PC's might be able to handle the game just fine, if you spam too much flashy skills ( vortex is a good example ) their PC's will end up dropping in FPS and I've had this happen with friends countless of times, where they would drop down to 1FPS at around 88 mins of a survival forcing us to extract ) 

-Voice chat ( skype, teamspeak, etc . . . I find that these are NESCESSARY if you're planning on doing very long survival missions simply because at a later stage it's impossible to stop and type properly when the enemies can just oneshot you. That plus it's more fun playing with people you can hear rather than staring at a screen waiting for some dull text to pop up )

-Lastly. Team restores. I've picked up the clan team ammo and energy restores when they first came out and now I find myself using them every other mission, even in casual runs I tend to pop down an energy restore whenever someone gets energy drained from the ancients. The ammo restore will become mandatory on such a high run, even with ammo mutation mods it can sometimes not be enough. Energy is mandatory aswell I guess, however the health one is more of a preference. Can be usefull for the lower enemies, especially when you get poisoned by leader mobs, but at a higher level I don't find myself using it much, the other 2 however are much more frequently used. 

Hope you'll consider to put these points into your post aswell, seeing as they all greatly affect how your mission is going to turn out aswell as the points you gave yourself. As for the frame selection you picked . . . I find that abit silly, I'd much rather let people join in and figure out which frame they'll pick because you might never know if you've overlooked a frame or a frame's ability and might come up with a better strategy using them instead. But it's your run so yeah . . . 

And a PS ( which I feel is needed with a post like mine ) : My post is purely criticisme and personal advice. If it sounded like I flamed you, then I appologise. It's not my intention to make it sound like that, but I'm not English and never learned to speak or write it either, so my choice of words can sometimes be abit . . . wrong xD. 

Better to just bring Energy Siphon, though.

It's not that hard to mod your guns for Corrosive...

Let me know how that works out for you.

It's not that hard to build energy plates.

Have fun hitting the wall of high armor.

That's why you bring Nova. :u

For which use do you think Nova helps?

For one, just having double damage will scale out eventually, so that doesn't help much.

The second use would be under the strategy of "making them so slow you have lots of time to kill them". That sort of strategy fails for survival because the rate of which you kill enemies is the biggest factor for getting oxygen.

The simple strategy I have listed got me to 70 minutes with no complaints about connectivity issues. I myself, play on a low end computer and do just fine at 60+. I know it is a game meant to be played for fun, but much like with all games meant to be played for fun, there will always be people playing competitively. 

• 3 weeks later...