Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are You Thinking What I'm Thinking? Quick Thinking

Klazik

Question

Hello my fellow Tenno.

Did anyone here think about putting Quick thinking on Loki Prime? His prime comes with a polarity that fits and with his enhanced energy pool, it could actually be a good idea. What do you guys think? Would you rather fit in something else?

Kinds regards
Klazik

Edit: Also, would it be viable to ignore Redirection and Vitality and just go with Quick Thinking and Flow?

Edited by Klazik

10 answers to this question

I've been doing this for the longest time even on my non-Prime Loki, his high energy pool has good synergy with Quick Thinking (even moreso if you equip Flow).

It suddenly just occured to me because of the prime polairty. Don't have a clue why I didn't think about it before. BTW, not really sure if this should have been in General Discussion. Was kinda biased about it.

depends on the build.

I have normal loki where the A build is for permanent invisibility, it has no health or shield bonus or qt, dont need it if you dont get hit.

But if you go for radial disarm build, it can be good.

Edited by Frostosti

depends on the build.

I have normal loki where the A build is for permanent invisibility, it has no health or shield bonus or qt, dont need it if you dont get hit.

But if you go for radial disarm build, it can be good.

I would never go perma invis build since stray fire in T4 is enough to kill you. So I need to have some kinds of defensive mods

Hello my fellow Tenno.

Did anyone here think about putting Quick thinking on Loki Prime? His prime comes with a polarity that fits and with his enhanced energy pool, it could actually be a good idea. What do you guys think? Would you rather fit in something else?

Kinds regards

Klazik

Edit: Also, would it be viable to ignore Redirection and Vitality and just go with Quick Thinking and Flow?

The things that make QT good in my opinion are Rage and Life Strike. You really want Vitality too if you use those.

I prefer QT over Redirection because it gives extra layer of "shields" but instead of protecting my hp it protects me after my hp is gone so it doesn't mess up my energy gains from Rage.

Rage, Vital, and QT = 1890 ehp

Redirec, Vital, and Vigor = 2075 ehp

Redirec + Vital = 1785 ehp

So it's less effective, than straight up health/shield mods, plus requires energy to be effective. But, it allows for easier energy generation through Rage. So its personal preference, however I'd prefer straight health+shields for most content. I might consider it for the new Infested toxin AoEs, but the 555 health seems to be enough to survive until really high levels.

Personally I'd say QT+Flow or nothing.  I generally hate building specifically for defense at any point in time, however at full stock one's defenses are pretty much tissue paper against most things.  QT on its own only takes one slot, and Flow aids it while dual purposing in allowing me to have a greater energy pool.  This saves build space for me since those two mods alone allow you to tank practically anything not absurd in a dire situation if need be.

Redirction and Vitality only promote survivability, without any other possible purpose.  Due to the lethality of procs, you can't run without Vitality as reliably as you could in the past.

Also, without a direct way to restore HP, bleed and toxin procs will wear you down eventually without an easy restorative method.  Generally speaking, energy is just a larger and easier to restore "resource" to utilize for this method.  Seeing as Loki Prime has everything necessary from the get go for running like this, I'd definitely say go for it.  It's what I'll be running once we get him on this side of the fence.

The problem is, you generally should only be taking damage if you're out of energy to cast. Loki has numerous ways to avoid taking damage using abilities, so you're really only at risk of death when your energy is low.

In that scenario (oom or hit by disruption) Flow does not help one tiny bit. QT is still viable if you install Rage, with Vital, which will provide 221 energy to be used by QT before it activates.

On most frames, the energy supplied by Rage before QT activates exceeds the usable energy pool size, so Flow is useful. However Loki and his Prime already have enough base energy and low enough health that they can absorb 100% of the energy supplied by Rage, without the use of Flow.

Edited by Darzk

Rage, Vital, and QT = 1890 ehp

Redirec, Vital, and Vigor = 2075 ehp

Redirec + Vital = 1785 ehp

So it's less effective, than straight up health/shield mods, plus requires energy to be effective. But, it allows for easier energy generation through Rage. So its personal preference, however I'd prefer straight health+shields for most content. I might consider it for the new Infested toxin AoEs, but the 555 health seems to be enough to survive until really high levels.

But if you use life strike with the first option, you'll have essentially infinite ehp as long as you don't make mistakes. :)