Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tips On Using Weapons With Projectile Flight Time?

Zachles

Question

9 answers to this question

Try shooting a little bit to where your target is heading. I actually quite like the non hit-scan weapons and the challenge it brings at range. Now if bullet drop was a thing....

At this point, I feel like the Boltor Prime being "overpowered" is traded off by the fact that it is challenging to hit things sometimes. Plus, you can't really spray bullets like crazy with it versus something else, like the Soma, for example.

Leading, leading, and leading.

Hard to get used to, but once you got it, it'll be so much easier.

I guess practice makes perfect. :P

Is Heavy Caliber and Magnum Force helpful with these types of weapons? I mean, for me, Heavy Caliber doesn't seem to adversely effect Boltor Prime that much, because it is still insanely accurate...

Is it recommended, though?

Aim where they're moving. Best tip ever.

I'd say you to practice with a bow so you'll be aware of the distance your enemy is when you zoom in, then you can calculate the travel time with any weapon and the speed of thei proyectile.

At this point, I feel like the Boltor Prime being "overpowered" is traded off by the fact that it is challenging to hit things sometimes. Plus, you can't really spray bullets like crazy with it versus something else, like the Soma, for example.

Spraying bullets with Boltor works just fine.

I used to spray bullets at enemies when I had problems with leading, just unleash a cloud of projectiles in their direction and some of them are bound to hit.

Sound stupid, I know.

Spray and pray, I know.

But it worked.

But obviously you can't spray with all projectile weapons.

So train your leading skills. Try to predict where the enemy will be, aim a little ahead of him.

Spraying bullets with Boltor works just fine.

I used to spray bullets at enemies when I had problems with leading, just unleash a cloud of projectiles in their direction and some of them are bound to hit.

Sound stupid, I know.

Spray and pray, I know.

But it worked.

But obviously you can't spray with all projectile weapons.

So train your leading skills. Try to predict where the enemy will be, aim a little ahead of him.

I can spray bullets against Infested when they are crowded together. The gun isn't too ammo efficient for me to feel comfortable with doing that, though.

Aim where they're moving. Best tip ever.

I'd say you to practice with a bow so you'll be aware of the distance your enemy is when you zoom in, then you can calculate the travel time with any weapon and the speed of thei proyectile.

This is the best advice I could have asked for, I think.

I'll definitely try it out with a bow, just to get the feel for it. Right now, if I hope to hit anything, I have to use a crowd control. I made a spammy Rhino Stomp build so I can trap things in midair so I can hit it, but I can't play like that forever, nor do I want to. Q_Q

Thanks for the tip.