Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod-Effecting Mods And Mods That Enable New Maneuvers?

jjpdn

Ok, this thread is a two part one. 

First, all our mods effect stats and maybe add a special ability/animation. 

But, sometimes, it's effects are just not powerful enough and impossible to upgrade (like that shield your sentinel puts up when you're reviving)..

So, maybe a mod that effects the mod that is preceding it, under it, over it, to the left... etc.

This way, formas will be extremely more useful in encoding the mod table the right way so that you can use your mods to power your Warframe the most effiecent way possible. You can't just stick one there in a random order anymore!

Edit: In other words, upgrades a mod in a certain location's effect by a certain percentage.

My second idea is much more different. 

We have now new 'maneuver's' through our stance mods, but I crave for normal ones that are usable with other weapons / normal play.

New maneuvers could then be grouped in category of a mod, like stance mods, and equiping them enable new maneuvers! Also, all of these new ones will be only enabled when you toggle/hold a certain key, so that they don't interfere with normal controls.

Ex: Easy rolls, wall hanging, hanging upside down, wall sitting (sitting sideways on a wall), wall rolls, enemy targeting (so that your view is fixed on looking at that enemy), and etc. Also, finishers with firearms could also be enabled through this mod like sticking a Penta into the enemy's throat and clicking the trigger.

Edited by jjpdn

I'm not entirely sure how i feel about the second one, and the first idea would need a little more elaborating on how it would actually work, but from what i get (like making a certain mod, or mods, stronger or more effective) i would very much agree to this. Unless that isn't what you're talking about lol

I'm not entirely sure how i feel about the second one, and the first idea would need a little more elaborating on how it would actually work, but from what i get (like making a certain mod, or mods, stronger or more effective) i would very much agree to this. Unless that isn't what you're talking about lol

It's exactly what I'm talking about.

I like them both, I also want new maneuvers through mods. I mainly wanted one I thought of, hanging on the ceiling. I thought we could put a new mod slot like stance mods on frames also and when you put the mod on you can use that maneuver, I didn't think about holding a button or toggling though because that seems too pointless and a hassle seeing how we already have a bunch of maneuvers so it never made sense to make another one have a need for a toggle or button. I have always wanted my ash to be able to hang on the ceiling of a hallway while a grineer walks under, we could add a new stealth attack prompt too! (<-- Mostly rambling, main point I like the idea and thought about it too. +1)

Well, cause some things you don't want to accidentally do. So... that's what the toggle/hold button is for.

Imagine, walk walk walk DANG, DID A FRONT FLIP INTO GROUP OF ENEMIES 80 enemy Napalms discovers you BANG BANG you dead.