Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 14 Hype Megathread... U14 Has Been Released!

Rennagade

Core gameplay will be addressed in long run.  DE has a finite amount of manpower and budget.  Right now they are focusing on fleshing out the game with more content and assets, and I don't blame them. We should be happy that the game exists and is enjoyable.  It is our privilege to be able to play in the first place; making demands and feeling entitled to having all of your demands met is a terrible and unsupportive attitude to have toward a developer that has taken risks to create an innovative F2P game that I, personally, love.  DE's level of interactivity and responsiveness with their playerbase, while no longer uncommon these days, is at least competitive if not above par for a game studio.  They're only human, and they even have their own priorities and opinions and everything!

I'm not. 

Not particularly. 

There's so many other pressing concerns. So many important fixes and additions to the existing systems that have to be done. Redundant mods, useless mods, lackluster core mechanics and unrealised potential all around.

I like the amount of new content in the update that seems to be promised. 

But I can't, for the life of me, be happy over the fact that core mechanics have to be stifled for the sake of growing the mod pool, or simply put on the back burner for the sake of new shinies. 

This is our Gollum overtaking our Gandalf.

Agree, too much focus on metagame

Warframe is a f2p game, which means if new content isn't being made on a regular basis, DE isn't making money. If DE isn't making money, there will be no more content; which includes going back and implementing all the cool ideas that players have posted and others shamelessly promote like they know best. New content takes priority to spending more time fleshing out old content, whether anyone likes that or not doesn't matter. DE will have the freedom to go back and polish EVERYTHING when 2 things happen: when new players get adequately hooked by the intro (which should be a done thing in U14 barring bug fixes) and when there are 2 or 3 endgame options that you can sink another 700 hours into.

The first is necessary to get new players into the game, and the second distracts you from realizing that no new content has come out in a month when -BAM- huge update that doesn't actually have much that can be called new, but it contains crap-tons of: buffs, nerfs, balance changes, extra content,and re-visits to old content that don't really generate revenue, but increase the player experience- for veterans. This game kept people busy for hundreds of hours, myself included. And like me, I doubt anyone complained so much as when they no longer had a goal and could look back and say," It would be so~ much better if...".

I'm not going to say that DE knows exactly what they're doing, but I bet they have a better idea than anyone else does on where Warframe is going.

Well said.

I cant wait for U14 but one problem, i have no problem with girl warframes but for once will they stop making the best and most awesome warframes girl make it a boy or put a setting so they can make you boy and girl warframes who agrees with me

I cant wait for U14 but one problem, i have no problem with girl warframes but for once will they stop making the best and most awesome warframes girl make it a boy or put a setting so they can make you boy and girl warframes who agrees with me

....what about rhino...is he not op?  and also some ppl think hydroid and frost is pretty op too.... and i see what u mean by how we should have the option to change our warframe genders, i agree

heres another post to keep this topic on top of General Discussion so people can see, and wow, I have way more views for the ratio compared to the replies lol.  People dont bother to reply, just check out the pics I bet, cuz thats what I do

I'm not. 

Not particularly. 

There's so many other pressing concerns. So many important fixes and additions to the existing systems that have to be done. Redundant mods, useless mods, lackluster core mechanics and unrealised potential all around.

I like the amount of new content in the update that seems to be promised. 

But I can't, for the life of me, be happy over the fact that core mechanics have to be stifled for the sake of growing the mod pool, or simply put on the back burner for the sake of new shinies. 

This is our Gollum overtaking our Gandalf. 

Core gameplay will be addressed in long run.  DE has a finite amount of manpower and budget.  Right now they are focusing on fleshing out the game with more content and assets, and I don't blame them. We should be happy that the game exists and is enjoyable.  It is our privilege to be able to play in the first place; making demands and feeling entitled to having all of your demands met is a terrible and unsupportive attitude to have toward a developer that has taken risks to create an innovative F2P game that I, personally, love.  DE's level of interactivity and responsiveness with their playerbase, while no longer uncommon these days, is at least competitive if not above par for a game studio.  They're only human, and they even have their own priorities and opinions and everything!

Yeah.. One of the few companies that don't only care about money. There's not many out there anymore that actually listen. 

No, they don't. If they did, they'd have re-released the Founders stuff by now.

Yeah.. Just go look at almost 90% of the F2P Games out there.

1 new Warframe slot if those companies owned it would be $10. Founders Stuff would've been $199.

So yeah, DE is one of the few good Companies that can manage a F2P Game.

No, they don't. If they did, they'd have re-released the Founders stuff by now.

I'm fairly certain they don't re-release the Founders stuff due to potential legal issues. 

Now stuff like Braton Vandal on the other hand could be re-released for plat since it wasn't sold as an exclusive thing.

I'm fairly certain they don't re-release the Founders stuff due to potential legal issues. 

Now stuff like Braton Vandal on the other hand could be re-released for plat since it wasn't sold as an exclusive thing.

Pretty sure Braton Vandal is with the Lato Vandal in that it's not coming back. Might be wrong about the Braton Vandal though. Was it a CB exclusive?

Pretty sure Braton Vandal is with the Lato Vandal in that it's not coming back. Might be wrong about the Braton Vandal though. Was it a CB exclusive?

From my understanding the Lato Vandal was a gift to CB players, but the Braton Vandal was just a special item for sale to celebrate and was not said to be exclusive.