Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If You're Planning On Keeping Mutalist Ospreys There Need To Be Some Changes.

inappropriatename5818

If they were to stay in the game then we need some changes done to them AND to the warframes themselves.  

First thing is first, they need to either have less HP, be bigger or not sway around so much (I swear they move away when you aim at them...)  

Then about the poison, my idea to fix that is make them explode like oxium osprey and blow up in a cloud of smoke. this way 5 ospreys won't stink up the whole damn map just constantly dashing around while you try to hit them.  

Then the changes that need to be done to warframes and mostly to sentinels. We need a regen mod, no not the aura one, we need a life regen mod, I am not formaing my aura polarity because you decide to put in a cheap, unfair, unfun enemies just so I don't have to constantly use life restores.  

Then for the sentinels, we need poison resist and life regen mods. This is my biggest gripe, I can somewhat deal with the ospreys (not really) by using life strike on my melee weapon, but what I can't deal with is my sentinel dying after 1-2 procs of poison.   

I propose you disable ospreys until you finish them, because let's not lie to ourselves, they are far from finished. Their pathing is broken, damage imbalanced and sometimes they glitch and are invisible.  

So, disable them for the time being, make some mods or something to have a chance fighting against them, FINISH THEM, then reenable.  

Infested is barely playable at the moment and that also happens to be the place where you get bonus EXP.   

Please DE, I love this game, it's my favorite game, I love it with all my heart, but this just ruins it for me completely. You can pick, what you want to keep in your game. Ospreys or players? Choice is yours.    

EDIT: Stop with the "use anti toxin mod". First of all, it's a waste of a slot to equip something that will just delay your death. It doesn't fix the problem, you will still die, just 45% slower. They are still as annoying as they are and they still kill your sentinel as soon as you make a slightest mistake (or not even that because they charge out of nowhere so you can't "avoid" them).  

They are fine in survival because you move around, but in defense they are annoying cancer that needs to be fixed/removed.

Edited by RektumExplorer

The Ospreys seem to be immune to energy well and well of life. It doesn't stop them from moving/charging at you. :|

Shooting at them is a pain as well. I came equipped with a Bow and my Akbolto's can't shoot the blights down.

Edited by Sutherland

Honestly, I'm really surprised and confused that people dislike adding a bit more challenge to the infested.
Just stay out of the ospreys way, rather than charging about all gung-ho.
Also, if you're not willing to prepare for an enemy that can effect health by bringing health kits, that's your own fault, not DE's.
But, if this isn't a thing already, I do think they shouldn't spawn until enemy level reaches a certain level, so new players aren't caught out.

I disagree just for one thing MrNonApplicable, i'm ok with most of the challenge etc but this is not challenge. Yesterday i was stuck in a room with 5 of these blocked between 2 doors. No possibility to pass, because they were glitched in the mutating ceiling, i used 3 resurrection only to pass these 2 doors and my 2 teammates aswell because we were dying almost instantly and where not able to shoot at them, nothing to do no teleport no decoy, the ash tried to kill those with bladestorm and fall out of the map ....

2 Loki Prime and 1 Ash all lev 30, potatoed and formaed, with high end tier guns, not able to kill 5 lev 50 flying bugs.... It makes us laugh a lot but i can understand that some people are being ennoyed, with these bugs in a event time.

Zerohades

Guest Shibboleet

It could probably use about a 20% damage reduction on its cloud, but otherwise I think the Osprey is fine.

I disagree just for one thing MrNonApplicable, i'm ok with most of the challenge etc but this is not challenge. Yesterday i was stuck in a room with 5 of these blocked between 2 doors. No possibility to pass, because they were glitched in the mutating ceiling, i used 3 resurrection only to pass these 2 doors and my 2 teammates aswell because we were dying almost instantly and where not able to shoot at them, nothing to do no teleport no decoy, the ash tried to kill those with bladestorm and fall out of the map ....

2 Loki Prime and 1 Ash all lev 30, potatoed and formaed, with high end tier guns, not able to kill 5 lev 50 flying bugs.... It makes us laugh a lot but i can understand that some people are being ennoyed, with these bugs in a event time.

Zerohades

Ah, well them glitching of course is a problem and yes, that should be fixed.

if you find it that difficult you can find a use for the anti toxin mod now, equip it and stop complaining. the game is much more fun now as appose to not being killed by anything.

That is not and has never been a sensible solution. People wanted an anti-bleed mod when the Eviscerators were too powerful, then immediately realised that having to cut a mod that should be useful in all situations out of your loadout in favour of one that's useful on exactly one enemy in one faction was a waste of a slot.

The enemy should not be causing people to die so quickly for something that is so small, so common and so untelegraphed. It doesn't screech as it prepares to charge. It doesn't always appear in front of you or within your camera's view. If a single minor infested type is causing people this much trouble something is wrong. This is the level of danger you expect from heavy units, but with none of the 'I am a big scary monster, hear me roar so you know to be on guard' factor.

if you remember a few streams ago, they are bringing more infested with more toxic abilities, so therefore the anti toxin will be more and more viable.
although you did mention something there, the part about them making a noise when they charge.

DE could make them make a sound for when they charge and possibly make the toxic wall they spawn thinner, damage wise i think its fine as it is your own fault if you stand in the toxic, also possibly wait a sec or 2 after the drone has rushed before starting the toxic, this way it simulates the toxic cloud dispersing around a bit.

I think the added challenge is wonderful. Suddenly it's not enough running around Penta'ing everything.

I approve this change. Complainers gonna complain.

I love a challenge too, but they aren't, they are just a nuisance. They have a good bit of power for now good reason, at least the toxic ancients are big, and they move around way to much, and them downing our sentinels with little to no ease makes for very annoying game play. 

I think that they have too many strengths and not enough weaknesses to compensate. They are fast deal high damage and have small hitboxes and high health (base health is 250 while the more sturdy looking Chargers have only 80). Some of that needs some tweaking.

If only a single unit in a faction is capable of providing challenge then the whole faction needs a rework

Honestly, I'm really surprised and confused that people dislike adding a bit more challenge to the infested.

Just stay out of the ospreys way, rather than charging about all gung-ho.

Also, if you're not willing to prepare for an enemy that can effect health by bringing health kits, that's your own fault, not DE's.

But, if this isn't a thing already, I do think they shouldn't spawn until enemy level reaches a certain level, so new players aren't caught out.

HAVE YOU EVEN PLAYED A DEFENSE? You're talking like you never played warframe but heard what mutalist osprey is and what it does.  

The smoke cloud is insanely HUGE, it's impossible to avoid id in any way when there are like 5 ospreys that flood you at wave 1. It's a little thing that takes way too many hits, farts out a poison cloud that makes 0 sense on how it is so big. Basically a bunch of them keep charging around and the whole map is up in smoke. They are ok in survival because there you move around, but here you have to be near the pod, so there is no way running away from them.  

These new ospreys aren't bringing a challenge, they are just cancer in a otherwise great game.