Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I Modding My Weapons 'incorrectly?'

Zoss

Question

http://i.imgur.com/U2Kwn5t.png

Playing with clannies, doing void survival runs. Usually when the enemies hit 60 or about 40-50 minutes in, heavy gunners take a crapton of hits from my penta. Am I doing something wrong? Should I change to a different weapon? Crit build weapons?

I'm not expecting one hits on 40 mins+ but it gets painful when I have to dump an entire clip just to kill one heavy gunner because they're not grouping.

My next goal is to switch out wildfire to heavy caliber when I get it (no one does corrupted runs) and possibly switch out hellfire or cryo for T4 Vor mods.

Or is this pretty normal?

It's been several minutes since you posted the question about split chamber lowering your damage. So what do you think?

lol im not playing warframe atm it will probably be tomorrow or so before I can (work and school sucks)

EDIT: tomorrow night when I get home from work at 12

Edited by (PS4)d-iabLOFan

Depends what you gonna use and what you want to achive Zoss, High dmg per shot, High DPS, High Crit. Is your weapon suitable for what you want to do and so on.

In your image Penta is shown, that would be an good weapon to go high dmg per shot, but with the small magazine size it is more effective to go for an faster reload then an bigger magazine for example.

Hello! Modding can be complicated but in the end it helps a lot. If you want to kill a void t4 heavy gunner I suggest you use full corrosive and cold.

Electricity + Poison = Corrosive. Use mods like Stormbringer and Infected Clip. Also add Cryo Rounds for cold damage to bring down shields on some other void enemies. To do full corrosive you need the Tethra's Doom event mod: High Voltage and the cierco mod: Malignant Force. Stormbringer + High Voltage + Infected Clip + Malignant Force = Around 1,250 corrosive damage which is really good! If you add Cryo Rounds for the shields it will do around 450 cold damage. To also do all that damage you need to add Serration, Heavy Caliber, and Split Chamber(Maxed will do 1,250 corrosive damage and 450 cold damage). If you have anymore questions just talk to me on Warframe by messaging me! 

Unfortunately, the penta is not really suited for taking down void gunners. Don't get me wrong, it does lots of damage so it can still bring them down, but the firing arc, blast radius falloff, and low magazine start to make it impractical as they scale up and headshots become more valuable. Compare that to a crit build latron prime that can easily plug them in the face at any range with a huge damage bonus for crit+headshot. When I say "not suited" that's what I mean. It's not doing that.

My suggestion is to focus less on blast damage and more on boosting the base.

This is what I would do with it

Corrosive for gunners, cold for shields. It does about the same damage as your build, but a greater percentage of it is of the type gunners are weak to. Heavy caliber, split chamber, and firestorm all work together because the multishot and accuracy loss will cause the two grenades to follow different paths and allow you to hit a much wider area and also mean your arced headshots can do more damage while being less picky on how close they are when you detonate.

Ideally, I'd suggest you use your penta to annihilate groups of smaller enemies so that your teammates can focus their Latrons and Boltors (or whatever they use) on the heavy gunners' heads.

Edited by (PS4)ElZilcho

Technically yes since you could use that slot for more damage. But if you use SC instead, you'll do a lot more damage on average because two bullets with slightly less damage is a huge boost.

There's no reason ever to not use multishot on any weapon.

just for the record:

if you want to snipe with the angstrum, don't equip barrel diffusion, or lethal torrent. having multishot ruins the perfect accuracy, because it fires like you would charge 2 or 3 rockets.

but, other than that, no other mod can get anywhere close to the split chamber's 1.9x DPS multiplier when fully modded, it is a MUST HAVE mod for any rifle build (along with the serration).

just for the record:

if you want to snipe with the angstrum, don't equip barrel diffusion, or lethal torrent. having multishot ruins the perfect accuracy, because it fires like you would charge 2 or 3 rockets.

but, other than that, no other mod can get anywhere close to the split chamber's 1.9x DPS multiplier when fully modded, it is a MUST HAVE mod for any rifle build (along with the serration).

If you want to snipe with Angstrum you are not using that weapon efficiently anyway so the build isn't very relevant either.