The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Planet Play

Karaad

Most missions take place on an asteroid or in a space station, very few seem to be on a planet and when you are placed on a planet, they all look the same,. Same weather, same sky, same views off in the distance. No bueno!

I feel that each planet itself should be accessible.

When I complete all of the Mars missions, I want to be able to actually go to Mars and fight on the planets surface. I feel that this could open a deeper game play aspect.

Tenno completes all missions on Mars.

Now the Tenno has access to the planet and more challenging missions await on the surface.

This would be able to easily double the missions for each Solar system and each planet that is accessible while making the player feel like they are actually advancing in the game rather than completing a planet then moving to the next.

Other thoughts about this would be a complete replay of the game, such as, only allowing players who have completed all missions 'in space' or maybe just the 'boss missions' to be able to access these extra special missions where "special" mods/frames/weapons have a chance of dropping.

This would also force the devs(obviously) to create an environment for each and every planet which will add to the diversity of flora/landscapes in missions and make it feel more open. Obviously, gas giants would not be accessible to play on as they are mostly gas, unless they feel otherwise.

Edited by Karaad

First of all - BETA.

But yes, I agree on it being a bit tedious to play the "same map" over and over. There will most probabbly be lost of different styles of planets and different kinds of ships later on.

Gas planets might have moons that you could go to that were more solid.

No need for a large open map space, they can just reskin the same maps we have now and remove the ceilings tops, make the walls look like canyon walls and place dirt everywhere for all i care.

Missions on the planet surfaces/moons would be a great addition AFTER you complete all the missions for a planet 'in space'.

No need for a large open map space, they can just reskin the same maps we have now and remove the ceilings tops, make the walls look like canyon walls and place dirt everywhere for all i care.

Missions on the planet surfaces/moons would be a great addition AFTER you complete all the missions for a planet 'in space'.

Well aren't you quite easy to please! Sorry but I and many others aren't just please with a reskin,. We just don't share the same superficial standards as you do :)

Well aren't you quite easy to please! Sorry but I and many others aren't just please with a reskin,. We just don't share the same superficial standards as you do :)

You do realize weather it's an open space or a 'dungeon running' game, which is what warframe is: The game play will be the same.

No new skills, no new moves, same weapons, same war frames.

Difference: Larger areas to have to run around in and the Snipetron being useful for once.

It actually has been bothering me that you click on a planet, such as Mars. Then you get put into cluster of planets, not just Mars. Why name them the planets when the map you're shown has nothing to really do with it? I get the whole space stations, but it's not on the map and the environment is the same. Let's have a rotating planet, with the dots on the planet, I don't expect 100% different maps per planet, but the selection system is done in a sloppy manner.

Hmm, personally I believe they would do this sort of thing for end game as they tried to keep our solar system accurate in terms of locations and such so they either would have to make a new solar system, expand the current one, or add further levels on each planet. I would prefer outdoors much more too, you know the halo combat evolved feel to it. Go with your 4 friends and camp on a mountain, snipe them all down. But I appreciate the game being free to play, also there are so many things to add in, one of them being water. This is preferably end game content as I would like more weapons, new dungeons, mission types, warframes, mods and mechanics to the game. Either way I agree that this should be eventually added, devs please consider!

This is a random thought, but a defense mission on earth's moon where you defend the lunar lander from infested popping out of craters would be amazing.

Planet/moon based missions, even if there were only one each, would really add a lot of personality to the game and open up a lot of interesting opportunities.