Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Shield Coming Up . . .

Just playing through WF when suddenly an idea hit me! That is to say, a Shield Lancer hit me.

It would be awesome (but won't happen) if say we just have shield and equip it as one of our other slots, and then the shield can be used to shield bash annoying grineer out of the way and protect the Frames offside as you shoot your gun in the other hand. Anyone else think this would be a cool thing?

Just playing through WF when suddenly an idea hit me! That is to say, a Shield Lancer hit me.

It would be awesome (but won't happen) if say we just have shield and equip it as one of our other slots, and then the shield can be used to shield bash annoying grineer out of the way and protect the Frames offside as you shoot your gun in the other hand. Anyone else think this would be a cool thing?

You know about the shield/sword combo weapon that's in U14 right?

So you're saying the shield would be a melee weapon?

This would imply using a melee weapon and gun simultaneously which would be a pretty revolutionary thing. Not a bad thing necessarily, but it wouldn't fit in the game with the mechanics we have right now.

Honestly I don't care for big riot shields aesthetically, so I'd pass on it.

So you're saying the shield would be a melee weapon?

This would imply using a melee weapon and gun simultaneously which would be a pretty revolutionary thing. Not a bad thing necessarily, but it wouldn't fit in the game with the mechanics we have right now.

Honestly I don't care for big riot shields aesthetically, so I'd pass on it.

No it probably wouldn't . . .but it would be cool.

And we wouldn't be getting riot shields, we'd be getting Tennoish shields. Whatever that looks like.

#swordandboard! srsly, chk devstrms

i think he mean shield and sword weapon that coming to U14.

also we are not tactical Troopers like Grineer, so Shield + gun combo is not fit Tenno style. 

Which is implied in the Topic Name.

And we are already getting a sword and shield, it's only a step further to sword and gun. We even throw the thing at them Captain America Style.