Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Do I Get My Weekend/48Ish Hours Back? >405 Runs

-XeqtR

Guest Shibboleet

Again, if you guys could focus this energy on a way to conduct a fair, and right-wise means to conduct a competition, the game..a lot of you admittedly spent 48 hours grinding your faces into will be a better place. You guys want to be on top, by any means, that has been proven.

What's done is done. Look forward and do something productive with that negative energy. Anger is a secondary emotion, the primary is fear or sadness. Don't be sad or scared. Rise above, and make this game a better place, it's obvious that you're committed. Bickering about what could have been or weather or not you think you were righteous in your attempts is irrelevant at this point. But the pain you're feeling, regardless of how many of us think it's a little silly..it's still there. Do you want people to feel like that the next time around? You're in it for glory, so be the glorious one who punched through the walls of conjecture and butthurt with feedback and get their attention with some good ideas. Yes, I know the dreaded four words that I've fired people over: "That's not my job" ; those aren't the words of someone with a competitive spirit.

And if I haven't provoked you to hit the quote button just yet I know what you might say to me and, I have some ideas as well. But since spit balling in an open discussion doesn't fly here at least with me, or my reputation, I gotta get my ducks in a line. I'm on board too.

We also have PM's. And teamspeak, mumble..etc. There are places we can all hash out a better system. The limitations on the code is beyond our knowledge because they haven't commented on it, and there might be a good reason why they haven't fixed it yet. Or, as I said before they might've been naive about how far people are willing to go. But threads like this, on their end, only validate their actions, given the toxicity and ill-will towards DE, using "they've known about this for 6 months" as a scapegoat. There might be a guy coding his fingers off trying to figure this out. What if he read this, and he's under an NDA, and can't say a word, but blistering with anger, because he can't express how hard he's working on the problem. We simply don't know.

So again, let's make light of this and shift this energy into something productive, cause this thread is a circular debate..

Straight down the drain. Nobody is gonna care about it a week from now, and nothing will come of it.

I'm sorry, I love you all.

If (level > 9999)

{

level == 9999;

}

Your balance seems to believe that there was an end point despite the rules clearly stating unlimited scoring.  

Even if this did not occur, would you argue that because they had more people doing it faster it was unfair to those who did not have as many people?

There is no way to balance this in favor of smaller clans, regardless of the scoring system. 

No, it believes that the game is broken and not properly functioning to allow for balanced competition.

If it did not occur, there wouldn't be an issue since people would be competing at the appropriate difficulty throughout the event.

Small clans should be in small clan tiers.  They have no one to blame but themselves if they're competing against clans larger than themselves.

Guest Shibboleet

No, it's hinged on the nature of balanced competition.  I said literally nothing about identical speeds and in fact, my example clearly illustrated two groups that were not going at identical speeds.

Your example further proved my point, because you used my example and simplified it further. Do I need to make a gif or video to explain how steady speeds that get a speed boost at the same interval is still equal?

Your example further proved my point, because you used my example and simplified it further. Do I need to make a gif or video to explain how steady speeds that get a speed boost at the same interval is still equal?

Why on earth are you trying to apply the laws of physics to people?  It's the nature of competition that people may rally an increased effort  to close the gap in competition.  Allowing people to widen the gap for no reason whatsoever provides a major advantage that is not necessarily something that people will be able to catch up against.

And what about new clans?  Are they simply supposed to know that there is a bug that magically makes things easier?  What are they supposed to think when someone they thought they could catch up to magically increases the gap by a massive amount?  What if they decide to give up on competing because they think they've been outplayed?

Edited by Aggh

BlubBlubBlub

Thx for the inside

The Event was absolutely fair until the point they changed the rules midgame. again.

The given Ruleset was far from perfect, but everyone had to work with it and make the best out of it for the clan...

The Event was absolutely fair until the point they changed the rules midgame. again.

The given Ruleset was far from perfect, but everyone had to work with it and make the best out of it for the clan...

Enemies not spawning wasn't part of the ruleset.  It was a bug that allowed for easier points and continuing to play at that point was an exploit.  You guys are another clan that should have seen this coming from miles away.

Edited by Aggh

Lets take swimming for example.  Two people are running the 50 free and when someone hits 25 meters they are suddenly, for no reason at all, able to go twice as fast.  Can you see how that breaks competition?

it simply was not a competition of 50 but 25 m. absolutely fair!

They didn't waste your weekend, you did, as I'm sure has been said many times in this thread. Maybe it's a sign that you should start making more productive use of your weekend to accomplish something that is more important than a video game.

Guest Shibboleet

They would probably completely shut down the competition if swimmers were suddenly able to swim twice as fast for no reason :|

Diddy Kong racing was probably a terrible game then. Boosters on the map made it so you or your enemy could speed up on certain points on the track.

The least they could do is fix the level cap, it's still an issue in survival, defense, and interception.

Do you have insider knowledge that says that they haven't been trying to do that?

Which DE didn't do. they changed the rules mid race and expected people to be fine with it.

Again, they've done this before.  Why is anyone surprised?

Diddy Kong racing was probably a terrible game then. Boosters on the map made it so you or your enemy could speed up on certain points on the track.

You really need to learn the difference between an intended feature and a design flaw.

Edited by Aggh

Enemies not spawning wasn't part of the ruleset.  It was a bug that allowed for easier points and continuing to play at that point was an exploit.  You guys are another clan that should have seen this coming from miles away.

It was, because it was the same for all parissipants! EQUALY (bugged) rules for every player. 

Guest Shibboleet

They didn't waste your weekend, you did, as I'm sure has been said many times in this thread. Maybe it's a sign that you should start making more productive use of your weekend to accomplish something that is more important than a video game.

Yea, stop doing what you enjoy. In fact, work all of your life.

Do you have insider knowledge that says that they haven't been trying to do that?

Do you have insider knowledge that says they have been trying to do that?

The playerbase knew about the level cap and had reported it to DE months ago. I'm surprised DE didn't do a test case for incredibly high level enemies knowing how hardcore their players are.

Edited by VegetableBasket

It was, because it was the same for all parissipants! EQUALY (bugged) rules for every player. 

Please quote me the part of the event description where DE said that enemies were supposed to stop spawning once they reached a certain level?

Do you have insider knowledge that says they have been trying to do that?

The playerbase knew about the level cap and had reported it to DE months ago.

I'm not the one who is accusing them of not working on it.  The onus is on you to prove whether they are or not.  There are many reasons why they may have not been able to fix it yet, them not working on it is just one of them.  Assuming that it couldn't be anything else is naive.

Edited by Aggh

Guest Shibboleet

What I don't get is why people who weren't even competing, or planning on competing, calling out the grinders for grinding. There should be a requirement to have had more than 20k stink to even say anything about the change.

Edited by Shibboleet

Please quote me the part of the event description where DE said that enemies were supposed to stop spawning once they reached a certain level?

I'm not the one who is accusing them of not working on it.  The onus is on you to prove whether they are or not.  There are many reasons why they may have not been able to fix it yet, them not working on it is just one of them.  Assuming that it couldn't be anything else is naive.

I list being lazy and barely competent as chief among them.

What I don't get is why people who weren't even competing, or planning on competing, calling out the grinders for grinding. There should be a requirement to have had more than 20k stink to even say anything about the change.

If  you don't want people calling you out for not thinking, then don't come on the forums and complain about an event exploit being treated like an exploit :|

Edited by Aggh

Because their involvement absolves any purpose in competing the numbers are still skewed. Im more interested in making the competitions better

I can see if you discovered this issue on the first and second run but on the 3rd run if it was still happening why not report the issue? If you knowingly continued to do the runs after that then you exploited a flaw in the game for your own benefit.