Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Review: Enviromental Damage - Frakking Lasers!

rafacasper

Hi there, posting this hoping to help improve the game, it is based on personal opinions during my experience on events and the other tilesets.

I like traps like the turrets. I am excited for the grineer turret based on the sketch and on the infested tentacle turret. If they appear, I can kill them. They keep in my way, I take them out of my way, move on.

But I hate the enviroviment traps, the lack of air taking shields, cameras connected to laser doors and now the unkilable lasers.

The event was mostly fun, but I can already see the more stages with the unkilable lasers, and more stage blocks without air sucking my shields.

My friends and I don´t do Orokin Derelicts because of the traps. They had just entered the game and one of them wanted to farm nekros. We got a group wipe on those light corridors. They were well armed for the boss and the enemies, but the traps made them pissed off.

I got dozens of times the no shield bug while invading the grineer ship from the corpus ship. Even if I kill all the cameras I see, a guy ends entering on a room with a camera and I end crashing a laser door. Hunting for air really makes survival less fun to me.

I would take them all out, but I know it is not possible.

Thanks.

If you're reliant on destroying lasers, you're wasting a lot of time. The random direction lasers that spawn in this new tileset are pretty easily avoided, especially since they all spawn in the same place. You could even just walk around them with relative ease because they are usually angled up or down, making it wide enough to walk under.

The lasers in derelicts are even less intrusive because there is usually only one or two in a room, and they aren't at all a threat. Light corridors meaning the ones you can't just waltz through without waiting for the energy to stop? You're not supposed to rush through those, and it seemed pretty clear to me when you weren't supposed to attempt to walk through them.