Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Audio Channels

frogs2345

I love all the sounds in general for Warframe, and they get better as the game gets updated, however I feel one component is missing: Multiple audio channel settings. Currently I own three sets of headphones, and while playing Warframe it seems that all sounds get forced to the "front" of the headphones by being forced in 2 Speakers audio settings. I often also listen to music in the background while playing games, and forcing 5.1 stereo fixes this issue, but Warframe does not have this option. Could we please get a better Audio options menu rather than just volume and voice?

Hey frogs2345,

If you have a dedicated sound card or your motherboard supports 5.1 channel audio then you should be able to set this in Windows.  It could be that Windows is automatically forcing the channels to stereo because you are listening with headphones.  We don't recommend you set the channel count to anything other than what you are currently using though.  For example, if you are using headphones then you should be setting your system to 2 channel, whereas with a 6 speaker setup then you should be using 5.1 channel audio.  This can usually be accomplished within Windows' sound control panel.

Edited by DE_George