Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Stop The Rushing Epidemic.

NalkorRN

Very simple: Make it so people who want to rush through the entire level once the extraction objective pops up can, they just leave the map early like on defense missions and they go to the sector map and are without a squad. No need to punish them or the people who have to wade through all the rooms filled with enemies they blazed past.

Simple and efficient, I am getting tired of being within spitting distance of the extraction location and being denied the bonus rewards because of one idiot (almost always a Loki or Ash, go figure) because I stuck around to help out the other two team members before trying to make my way to the point.

I don't see how anyone can disagree with this because the rushers can rush to their heart's content and everyone else can still get the mission completion rewards and those who have to open every last locker or container can do so at their own leisure.

Haha, no. This is a silly idea. I'd rather want a kick function for uncooperative team mates rather than a fast travel to extraction just because you get annoyed by a faster warframes that can zip past all the enemies straight to extraction.

True that, and when you want to run a heavy frame, they'll just leave you behind, and it's worse when it's on an infested map and they leave behind the swarm of infected -_- yeah I can survive but if I am overwhelmed by ancients, I'm screwed because no one has the decency to come pick the "slowpoke" up. I understand rushing when there's a time and it's about to run out but, other than that, I don't see the point. If they want to get it over with they should just quit out and re do it on their own.

Haha, no. This is a silly idea. I'd rather want a kick function for uncooperative team mates rather than a fast travel to extraction just because you get annoyed by a faster warframes that can zip past all the enemies straight to extraction.

If some player decide just to kick because they want to troll one player it would be a problem.

being a fellow rhino runner (as of saryns nerf), i completely agree with the frustration, and you should petition/request a ticket in regards to vote kicking. If they plan on rushing through, killing only the boss (say for example Vor, an easier boss to solo with just about any frame, and hes built that way on purpose) and then either quiting (leaving the rest of the group to blindly hunt for the loot, or just go to extraction) then they should be soloing, they are the type of 1-upper friend you only talk to on face book anymore. They actually think their impressing the rest of the squad with the speed capability.elevator rushers can go die in a fire for all i care.

You want a better solution? Do it like me, play private only and leave online once and for all. Pretty damn efficient and you don't have to wait for DE to find a way to fix it for you so that you'll like it. I don't like to rush in almost all situations and I don't have to bother with it, no one does it with me unless:

A.) Just boss farming for parts.

B.) Someone has a RL problem and needs to leave pretty soon (or more often just being called to dinner).

C.) Doing an alert with a random reward when there is a second alert which also has a random reward, this way you make sure you get both.

If you don't have people to play in private with, go to the looking for squad, you'll get some friends there. Join a clan and you'll get some as well. Heck, download raidcall which is a free and good voice chat program and just give everyone you play with access to better coordinate efforts.

At the end of the day, nothing replaces private. Online is just a rush feast.

Also, the only problem with instant extraction for the whole team, would be a group we pre-set themselves, and have their rusher buddy run to the end after the completion of the objective. and exploit it to farm even faster with full reward.

He's saying people should be able to exit when they reach the exit, there shouldn't be a timer and nobody should be forced to leave early. +1

I've already argued for this in another thread, but never proposed it.

Or you can just play private games with people from your friendslist if rushers make you that mad...

Here's the thing: This is an online game. Personally, I play it to play with other people. That aspect of the game is enjoyable to me. Why should I be forced to play solo/private because some jerk is impatient? Why doesn't he play solo/private? If he's speed running, he obviously doesn't care about whether there are other players or not, unless he is a serious A****** and wants to &!$$ everyone else off.

Personally, I think there should be different game types that are better suited to different playstyles. Maybe a time attack mode that gives you better rewards the faster you complete the level, or a completion mode that gives you a number of optional side objectives and gives you better rewards based on how many you completed. Give each their own queues, so people who want to speedrun can do the time attack mode, while people looking to go through slowly and get everything can play the completion mode. This way, people could still play the way they want without imposing it on other players who don't want to speed run or go slowly (depending on which side of the aisle you're on).

Sorry, but Im in my Rhino faster then these guys who stay behind to find and loot every locker they can find for 50 more credits.

If its a Rubedo Map, alright, then I'll stay with them and loot every locker and storage container.

For everybody that is playing Rhino or Frost and hate it to be left behind, put a Stamina Max. and a Speed Mod on it and you're totally fine.

There is no need for a vote kick function (whoever suggested that shall burn!) or some weird "teleport to the end" stuff, I mean, you're not gonna end up with the most team unfriendly Loki everytime in everygame right?

You want a better solution? Do it like me, play private only and leave online once and for all. Pretty damn efficient and you don't have to wait for DE to find a way to fix it for you so that you'll like it. I don't like to rush in almost all situations and I don't have to bother with it, no one does it with me unless:

A.) Just boss farming for parts.

B.) Someone has a RL problem and needs to leave pretty soon (or more often just being called to dinner).

C.) Doing an alert with a random reward when there is a second alert which also has a random reward, this way you make sure you get both.

If you don't have people to play in private with, go to the looking for squad, you'll get some friends there. Join a clan and you'll get some as well. Heck, download raidcall which is a free and good voice chat program and just give everyone you play with access to better coordinate efforts.

At the end of the day, nothing replaces private. Online is just a rush feast.

Here's the thing: These options, as nice as they are, do restrict how often one plays, especially so in the beginning. Vor being a prime example since I've been on teams using my Rhino, Gorgon, LEX, and Furax and saw mostly Excaliburs, Lokis, Mags, the occasional Volt, all using the default weaponry. Those people who have likely only been playing for maybe one day shouldn't be penalized due to one higher level player just going to the extraction point.

I'm against vote kicking because I know for a fact it would be abused, likely by three people who get off on doing those kinds of things. They'd rush to the extraction point and then they'd vote kick the one random off right as they got near the extraction point. I've seen similar things done in Planetside 2 where a Liberator (a high altitude bomber) pilot and the bomber/gunner would be in a squad, let one random into the free spot, leave the warpgate (safe zone with no damage) and then immediately set the vehicle to squad only, forcibly ejecting the one person who dies on impact.

I don't want instant extraction for the whole team with rewards. I was pretty clear in my initial post: make it so if someone rushes to the end, they can leave and get the rewards, but everyone not present will remain on the map and be able to do their own thing. The rusher can opt to stay in the squad via a Yes/No option on the sector map, they won't be able to click any planets until everyone else is done or after two minutes pass (incase someone inside the mission opts to try and grief by staying inside), but they can alter their arsenal and still chat as much as they want. That way if people want to play with randoms, they can do so without the frustration of a rusher denying them the completion rewards. It's simple, everyone gets what they want. It rewards every kind of online play without punishing everyone, I don't see how people could try and introduce other ideas that could be abused by griefers.

My Rhino has 30% run speed and 150% stam... he's not slow at all, actually outruns other frames...

You sir, lie!

You have effectivelly 65% run speed. any warframe has at least 100% if I'm not mistaken. You don't outrun anything and while you may keep running for longer you will always be behind in a run, plain and simple.

You sir, lie!

You have effectivelly 65% run speed. any warframe has at least 100% if I'm not mistaken. You don't outrun anything and while you may keep running for longer you will always be behind in a run, plain and simple.

This is more or less why I'm not too keen on people telling me I should swap out two mod cards for Rush and Marathon, as a slower moving warframe, you get less out of the percentage based increases, while a Loki with it's highest base movement will benefit the most. So if I go for a set-up to keep up with rushers, it still won't be enough as most, if not all rushers will be using the same two mods to ensure they leave behind the mobs as fast as possible.

+1 to OP something like that would be nice...

the enemies seem to spawn at random intervals anyway (unless its extermination) so something like that would make the flow of the game a little better...

if something like that isnt implimented, could it sorta be like how it is in the L4D games? if someone runs off on their own they get pitted up agains odds that are against them. that will force people to stick as a team instead of running around like lunitics

+1 to OP something like that would be nice...

the enemies seem to spawn at random intervals anyway (unless its extermination) so something like that would make the flow of the game a little better...

if something like that isnt implimented, could it sorta be like how it is in the L4D games? if someone runs off on their own they get pitted up agains odds that are against them. that will force people to stick as a team instead of running around like lunitics

The Director. Yes I've mentioned that lovely little ball of hateful AI in a previous post about rushers. You didn't get odds stacked against you, The Director would just throw so much at you that you were going to go down, no questions asked.

If a player runs 5 rooms ahead of the team which is sticking together, or 10 rooms ahead of the last team mate (who is scavenging for stuff), a stalker, or two depending on his mastery/warframe/equipment level or maybe even three should be spawned on him. That'd show the rusher.

The plus side is, if the rusher is really good and beats them, he gains affinity. Both sides would be pleased I guess.

I would prefer to see traps, I.E. barricaded hallways, mines to watch out for, tripwires with electric/elemental snares, that kind of stuff. Keep rushing as an option but make it tougher to pull off. whilst rewarding smooth aerial movements, accurate shooting, and creative use of abilities. stalkers have a little trouble pinning down targets, and since normal enemies attack stalkers it's easy to escape. That stalker is now up against the team.