Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Machete-Type Weapons

bowiespoon

The animations are awkward without a stance (dont have one yet), when unequipted you do the same sword swing over and over, looking like an idiot, and its not much better when equipt. I've heard that the stance is clunky as well. Could we please get some better animations for our Machete's/Prova's/Kama's?

Technically all melee weapons, without one of their respective stances, only have one or two swings in them. It's why levelling melee weapons is so frustrating without a stance. Stanceless machete-style weapons are probably the worst, true, but I enjoy the combos that the stance provides. On top of that, the machete stance has more combos than many other stances, so you at least have options.
Perhaps you should obtain and try the stance out before passing judgement on it?

Technically all melee weapons, without one of their respective stances, only have one or two swings in them. It's why levelling melee weapons is so frustrating without a stance. Stanceless machete-style weapons are probably the worst, true, but I enjoy the combos that the stance provides. On top of that, the machete stance has more combos than many other stances, so you at least have options.

Perhaps you should obtain and try the stance out before passing judgement on it?

I was just talking about how the stanceless machete's were. I only mentioned that a friend told me they were clunky. I personally am going to get it anyway because I love my machete.

The stance i have (not a rare one) is amazing for it though

I actually enjoy beating the tar out of things with this one

Sadly the weapon itself isnt high enough utility or damaging enough for me to make use of the way id like

I agree SO MUCH that the normal stanceless swing is horribad.

But, With the Normal Machete Stance. Using it is amazing (Equip'd. Stance will not change the E attack while using a gun.) And it's one of my favorite Stances to use.

I agree SO MUCH that the normal stanceless swing is horribad.

But, With the Normal Machete Stance. Using it is amazing (Equip'd. Stance will not change the E attack while using a gun.) And it's one of my favorite Stances to use.

EERRR

I should mention that so far spamming E when in gun mode does way more damage than using a stance combo in my experience ._.