Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Voluntary Forum Moderators

Sleeptalker

Why hello my Forum dwellers. Well, I just want to say something about this forum. I have been on it for maybe 3 days now and there are more threads than I thought it would be. If it were to be rising like this, then I'm sure the Admins won't be able to handle all of it at once (Knowing that there are a lot of sub-forum sections as well).

Perhaps maybe adding voluntary forum mods to this forum might help out the community better. I'm not sure whether Warframe/Digital Extremes may allow it but at least it will help out the community a little bit. If a fight breaks out in one thread, maybe a mod may try to handle the situation. Players who don't follow the code of conduct on the forum may need to be punished as well. Now, I'm not sure whether Warframe/Digital Extremes has employed moderators or not but I don't think this idea will be to bad.

If this plan does go in effect, then perhaps adding some requirements before selecting forum moderator (ie 100+ posts, friendly, mature, helpful, etc).

I'm only suggesting this idea because I have experience in being a Forum Moderator before and it most certainly was fun to be one and the community seemed to like the Forum Mods being around and helping.

I hope Warframe will take this into consideration and please no harsh comments, my first post in this forum.

-Sleep

The current chaos is based on simple factors.

Recent key giveaways have drawn in many, many people - alot of them, with all due respects, what I would call "locusts". People who jump from Free 2 Play to Free 2 Play Beta, content-surf for a bit, puke their hearts out after something bugged them (in a Beta...) and then march on. As a result, we have dozen of topics on the same topic that you could easily condense into one or two, petty circular arguements with recursive logic that boils down to personal preferences and many, many misunderstandings.

Another one is the forum structure. Without any discussion boards, both Offtopic and Feedback Forums are being swarmed with threads that have no home elsewhere. Also, there is no Bug/Feedback forum for the Cash Shop, and there is also no place for Player helps Player. A revamp of the structure would take a lot of load off the actual core forums (Feedback/Bugs).

Another one is the lack of pinned overviews. What bugs is DE working on, for example. What is to be expected, roughly, for the next update - internal goals, obscured and vague-yfied for external use would go along way. Currently, we are lacking any sort of predictable roadmap to reference to. Rumors start, dev quotes are being misread, regurgitated and miscommunicated many places.

Another one is a lack of a PM system - so people go on tangents within threads, chatting. Also, the only way to contact staff/devs is topics, and moderators can only be reached via Reports, which are in turn clearly labeled as "This form is to be used ONLY for reporting objectionable content and is not to be used as a method of communicating with moderators for other reasons." - which pretty much silences channels. I try and report things as I go along, but I am sure the mods are getting tired of having me spam their queues.

I moderated a paintball community with a staff of 30 mods, and we handled over 35,000 users - I know this entire forum could go breasticles skywards if there isn't some sort of structure coming soon. There needs to be space for the pent-up rage, the happiness, the frustration, the petty quips and the bragging to go, where these emotions can vent without damaging the essential core of the beta community - the work. The feedback and Bug section need some tools, like thread icons/prefaces ("Excalibur: "), and there needs to be both explanation and seperation of fields.

DE surely is aware and will do the right thing. Because, if not, good feedback will be lost, legitimate bug posts will be drowned and QQ will spread.

Personally, I'd enjoy having some Mods around for forum clean up.

I'd love to help out, since I've been here since the original opening of Beta I think I could make a bit of a difference.

I agree with Ced23Ric on several things he mentioned.

Especially the reports of Bugs being fixed, what bugs they are aware of, what they're going to fix next patch, etc.

another thing Ced23Ric is correct about it the lack of quite a few things that should be added..

- A Help Forum

a. Technical Support

b. Game Support

c. In-game help

- PM System

- Something from the Devs, another Dev Diary, or maybe an update show! 2~5 minutes of every week could help us alot!

I've managed Forums, far and wide I've also been a part of several RP communities that have had 10,000+ members that I had to moderate forums with.

I think bringing people from the community could spare you guys resources and give you more time to focus on the game.

I completely agree with the two of you. With forum mods, there will be more control in the forum. I've also noticed some issues with the forums such as players making threads in the wrong section of the forums. It can be confusing for other players and may cause conflict (ie Wrong section of the forum, noob).

Most people, if not all, have 100% certainty on a mod's words. One person might not believe in what another ones says yet a mod says the same thing and everyone will agree with him. The players may feel more "reassured" when a mod helps them, knowing that they will get the best support.

I just hope DE adds in mods to this forum, even ones designated to one sub-forum section. May it be voluntary or employed mods, it will most certainly help out the community here.

You run the risk of volenteers getting a little overzealous with either power or misinformation. I think this place does need a few more forums for discussion, but the DE guys are doing a good job. Give them a while and I am sure that the cleanup will be forthcoming.

You run the risk of volenteers getting a little overzealous with either power or misinformation. I think this place does need a few more forums for discussion, but the DE guys are doing a good job. Give them a while and I am sure that the cleanup will be forthcoming.

Thus I said a requirement needed for the voluntary mods. I don't think DE would've just selected random people and gave them power over the forums. Also, if there was, I don't think they would've given the mods some kind of privilege that would destroy the forum.

Anyways, some kind of trial would work to see if the person is qualified in being a mod or not. There's probably a chance already that there are paid (Employee) mods that DE has established and are just waiting until the forums will need them.