Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt. De, You Kind Of Ruined My Day.

SirProper

Everyone who's calling out the OP for... well, just wanting things OP, please, take a moment, sit back, and think critically. You're allowing confirmation bias to color your opinion (seeing only the parts of SirProper's post that confirm your opinion). Perhaps that's all the OP is really after, an OP mechanic, but please for the sake of logic and critical thinking, take a look at the posts below.

The thing is

The OP before edited strongly came off that way and given the circumstances it was written under the conclusion was obvious

Now if he hadnt been complaining about the bug being gone and calling it creative when there was no difference other than damage stacking i wouldnt have cared at all

But he didnt

Then he throws a bunch of edits and says i didnt mean that in a way thats rather uncosntructive himself

If he meant it a different way than th OP stated then he should have shown it from the second post onward

He didnt

Hes sugar coating it

Azawarau: Oops. I thought I had gotten all the vault mods. I really apologize. I thought I knew what I was talking about there. Wow, foot in mouth on that one. Thanks for the correction. I kind of want to see if I can find that mod, it sounds like it would be perfect for the Amprex, and help control trigger use. Does it impede performance or just even out the ammo usage.My Amprex only has three forma.  I really like how it is built right now, apart from the non maxed serration. Not sure what I would do to fit that in though.

Thanks for the correction. Once again my apologies. I really do appreciate it. 

Take the time to get that mod

The extra damage and lower fire rate make it much more ammo efficient and sustainable

Worth modding out

Rekkou, Azawarau, and anyone else saying I am sugar coating things, or I am really after having a broken mechanic, who the hell are you trying to convince? DE? Popular opinion? Your own moral compass?   DE has already gotten my money, and they never created a situation where one thread or money would sway them. So what would be the point of my crying about this and asking for it back? They don't have a history a re-implementing really broken things, so what is my endgame here?

If I am out to restore a broken mechanic I have more than gone out of my way to entail how that is not what I want or what I need, and if I was really trying to convince DE of implementing the broken mechanic back, I would think, that would be REALLY counter wayto get what I was after.

EVEN if I was speaking out of both sides of my mouth, and you guys, that are so clever, caught me, what does that even get you? a public forum lynching? Being discredited by a few individuals to a few individuals? I could care less, DE if they even chose to read this will make up their own opinion, not to mention for any other subsequent posts/threads that I make. 

I am not sure what you gentlemen think you are going to accomplish, by not even participating in a constructive way, other than succeeding in making this thread longer, giving it more trending, and making it MORE likely that DE will read what is here. Which I can assure you they will make up their own minds, independent of whatever 'agenda' you think you are catching me in. 

Which is why I said what I did. I have done what I have set out to do. Get people to consider Volts abilities and try to encourage our community to value and request depth in our abilities. That is happening as we speak.

I don't need to kid anyone, I don't need to fool a single person. It is up to you to figure out what I am saying. if you want to believe that I am just out for OP abilities, that is fine. I just hope you won something, maybe a cookie. You clever guys you ^_^! The only thing you are getting, at least from here, is a skill set that promotes bad interpretation. You won all the internets for today! Good for you!

I think one of the more interesting Depth changes, was having Nova's power strength determine the slow strength. That was brilliant, especially for the fact you could then make it negative values and have a fast wave. That is a great example of depth. players can choose dramatically different functions for the same simple mechanic.

I suggest everyone here check out the Youtube channel Extra Credits ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCODtTcd5M1JavPCOr_Uydg ) Not my channel, but it definitely tackles many of the things I care about, like game design, character narratives, and how to improve the player experience in order to make truly great games. 

Have a great day gentlemen, and keep up them silly posts. If we can keep going DE will eventually take notice. Then I will win all the internets for today!  Yeah me!

Noones out to win anything

Its a forum

You posted your opinion and we posted ours

You continued to post and so did we

Thats just how it works

Whatever interest is involved in just posting is irrelevant isnt it? Its just going into derailment now

If you had been more proper from the start you wouldnt have had such a backlash from these people

If your only sense of fun comes from infinite stacking then youre only looking to abuse game mechanics and your opinion isnt valid, wanted, or healthy for the game

The hostility and toxicity is completely unnecessary.

You can leave calling the community toxic but in the end half of the toxicity in this thread is coming right from you and is aimed towards warframe itself

Azawarau:

Saying someone is part of the toxic problem, when the material is just spewed back without good comprehension, is pointless and unhelpful.

Allow me to elucidate some things for you.

Also would like to bring this up

Edited by Azawarau

Do you even Volt bro?  I was playing just last night, the damage boost was most certainly not working. I was leveling a bolto for rank, and I was shooting through the shield it was neither becoming hitscan nor increasing damage at all.

I am and you clearly didn't. It's a common knowledge that Electric shield was never meant to change every projectile with solid properties, this includes bolto, boltor or any bow.

And here you are, back tracking and tried to convince everyone that Electric Shield is somewhat broken to hide the fact the stacking bug is what you wanted in the first place.

Keep those ridiculous posts coming. We will reach enough attention eventually that DE will take a look Huehuehuehuehue.  Then my victory will be assured! My nefarious plans are ever presently coming closer to fruition. Villain monologues are supposed to be out loud and readily transparent right?

And here comes the desperate "I win no matter what because you gave me attention!". You really are desperate saving internet face you didn't even have.

Now if he hadnt been complaining about the bug being gone and calling it creative when there was no difference other than damage stacking i wouldnt have cared at all

Hes sugar coating it

If you had been more proper from the start you wouldnt have had such a backlash from these people

Also would like to bring this up

But here you are, also contributing to the toxicity of the thread. Maybe if you read in between the lines and without bias, you wouldn't be giving out the backlash. The point is not the bug of multiplying damage to infinity, the point is the concept itself of placing multiple Electric Shields to stack damage. 

I am and you clearly didn't. It's a common knowledge that Electric shield was never meant to change every projectile with solid properties, this includes bolto, boltor or any bow.

And here you are, back tracking and tried to convince everyone that Electric Shield is somewhat broken to hide the fact the stacking bug is what you wanted in the first place.

And here comes the desperate "I win no matter what because you gave me attention!". You really are desperate saving internet face you didn't even have.

Perhaps Electric Shield doesn't change arrows and bolts to hitscan, but it most certainly causes other bullet types to become hitscan. THAT was most certainly intended since Volt ever came out.

He didn't even know about the stacking bug until Volt became OP because of it. Which caused him to want to investigate it and he likes the creative idea of using a skill for a purpose initially unintended of it. 

And honestly, you're also trying to save internet face you don't have.

But here you are, also contributing to the toxicity of the thread. Maybe if you read in between the lines and without bias, you wouldn't be giving out the backlash. The point is not the bug of multiplying damage to infinity, the point is the concept itself of placing multiple Electric Shields to stack damage. 

Perhaps Electric Shield doesn't change arrows and bolts to hitscan, but it most certainly causes other bullet types to become hitscan. THAT was most certainly intended since Volt ever came out.

He didn't even know about the stacking bug until Volt became OP because of it. Which caused him to want to investigate it and he likes the creative idea of using a skill for a purpose initially unintended of it. 

I still think hes full of it

And youre no better mr hypocrite

Are those even arguments? you're just echoing everything.

I'm echoing because the arguments were already made. You don't seem to understand the arguments, so therefore I have to repeat it to you.

The funny thing is if you re-read your own post, it pretty much describe how OP is so full of himself. I actually though you're being sarcastic against OP but it turns out you are just very gullible.

The thing is

The OP before edited strongly came off that way and given the circumstances it was written under the conclusion was obvious

But he didnt

Then he throws a bunch of edits and says i didnt mean that in a way thats rather uncosntructive himself

If he meant it a different way than th OP stated then he should have shown it from the second post onward

He didnt

Hes sugar coating it

Noones out to win anything

The edits were mostly highlighting for emphasis, and some for clarification. I said the mechanic, not the bug, referring to a shields stack to increase the effect. The idea that one provides defense and stacking more makes it a damage utility. I was not going OMG I luvs teh lols when I can zomg one shot teh everything. I am talking about having two different general uses for something giving players greater agency.

Not sure how I haven't shown what my intentions were in every post, but excluding the first post, then I REALLY don't get where you are coming from. I have repeatedly just tried to be clear on what I am talking about. I am talking about an idea not a specific and broken mechanic and the way it worked, but the potential for something more interesting that is based on the idea of the mechanic.

I wasn't complaining about the bug being gone. I was complaining about the mechanical Idea being gone, when i wanted to test stuff. Really it isn't much difference from those that would find exploits during the events and test them out before reporting them. I wanted to see the extent of what was actually occurring and if there were any other unknown quantities. For instance I happened to, through this process, figure out a really interesting trick.

Oh well if it gets 'fixed' then so be it. If you shoot an Amprex at Nyx's bubble it not only contributes to the absorb value, but chains out to other enemies. Meaning you can use Nyx as a Hub for weapons fire and it will arc out from nyx. So if you put a Loki decoy in a nyx bubble, or you place a nyx on an objective, you can just shoot the amprex at Nyx and it will hit all the enemies it can chain to. I only found this out while I was testing the Volt bug.  Not sure if intended but it is fun.

I don't even know what you mean by if I had been more Proper from the start....what does that even mean? I actually write in sentences are at least always try to...that is a proper way of going about things.  

I have run a ton of vault runs, just haven't been lucky enough to see it. Thanks for the heads up.

Sigh Voporak, I don't get it. I really just don't. Even if my first post was a bit unclear, I went back to clarify, and correct any misunderstandings, I wasn't hiding anything or trying to rant and piss and moan about an incredibly broken stacking infinite shields for infinite damage, I clarified multiple times. I reiterated, I tried so many different ways to get my point across. I even suggested one of my favorite Youtube channels that discuss this stuff regularly, The idea behind design, what kind of things make a game good, what is the core engagement, those kinds of questions, trying to give some idea of who I am as a gamer, yet here we are arguing something that was never intended to be argued. How did it get here? IS the internets really such a bleak place that we can't have a decent discussion?  

derailment? Most certainly. I definitely think you have. This focus on my intentions and trying to prove that I had some questionable intentions, which seems fairly ridiculous when I have gone to great lengths at this point to correct misunderstandings, is most certainly derailment. So thank you for that.

What do I have to gain by tricking any of you? 

I don't want to. 

I will say it as simply as I can.

I do not want an infinite shield damage stacking bug.

I wanted/want greater player agency, a decision between using a shield for defense or taking some time (see conversation about mechanics and distances between shields) in order to have a decent, but not overpowered buff, something that caps out at just a higher bonus damage% than what we currently have. (The difference between 50% for one shield and 100% or a crit bonus of 100% versus the current 200% intended for three, is the specific comparison I am talking about.).

I do not want them to reinstate the old mechanic. At this point I have noticed discrepancies which others have voiced as well.

--as far as the bolto, I had thought I had seen at one point they were being affected too now, I guess it was just that they pass through, although not sure why they wouldn't be sped up. Also should have still seen a damage increase and I was not. If I was mistaken about this I can already admit when I am wrong. I even took the time to apologize with out trying to argue or defend. I don't understand how that doesn't show my sincerity. I don't care about being wrong or being called out on S#&$ that I actually mess up, I can admit when I make mistakes, but it really is quite painful to be told over and over again that you are trying to say something your not, which is the only reason I have continued to post.--

You can believe me or not. 

I am glad you have gotten whatever vindication that you felt was necessary over this. 

You are trying to tell a person they are doing something they are not. I am not sure what you read into my posts the first time, but I can assure you any miscommunication of my point was an error in writing, not in intention.

Why does it feel like you are so hell bent on crucifying me on the internet of all places, when at most it was misunderstanding. This is getting ridiculous. 

If I didn't get across what I meant I can accept that mistake, but I am not going to accept you telling me that I am doing something that I never did/intended for in any way, shape, or form.  Maybe my style of writing did not work for you, if so I apologize let me know what I need to do to better facilitate communication.

I will repeat because it is the reality of what is happening. The more this continues and goes on under whatever guise you feel is appropriate, it is just drawing more attention.  If you thought it should never be heard or seen the light of day, then arguing it did not help you. If you thought it was pointless and whiners call to attention, you have done just that. In any way shape or form at this point, I have gone to great pains to rectify and clarify, so whatever you are calling me out on is not even relevant, and it will get more attention, due to the nature of the trending mechanic of forums, which means DE is more likely to come here and read it. 

It is no saving face. I don't care. To be honest I actually care, whether you believe me or not, I posted something not begging for something obviously broken, but for DE to take a look at a mechanic and see if they could deal with the logic of the idea and provide a solution not a bandaid.

As it was pointed out mechanically speaking it makes sense that it would work that way if the shields were layered, what doesn't make sense is arbitrarily deciding mechanics for gameplay reasons that defy the games already set rules.  

Maybe I will just go make a new thread, that might be interesting. Start this over from a clear and hopefully unbiased starting point.  

Thanks  Voporak: I have really appreciated the support and belief that I wasn't just being a whiny $&*^. If your on PC I would love to play with you sometime, you sound like a pretty cool cat.

SIgh I think I am just going start a new thread and try to be clearer from the start. 

Good day gentlemen. Have fun with your large sum of internets. You earned them.

In what way am I a hypocrite?

Adding o toxicity yourself

Im not going to read he above wall of text...

Ill just assume its more or less the same as hats been repeated i this thread 4 times already and leave it at that

EDIT

The wall of text on the previous page since i just pushed it over by one

Edited by Azawarau

It really feels like you just assumed the whole time, why should now be any different?

Thank you for your participation in this thread, albeit in the negative fashion. If you hadn't been determined to crucify me on the internet we would have never gotten to this place. An achievement to say the least.

I hope you did get some sort of Pyrrhic victory out of this, at least that would be something. Not sure in what way this would even be a Pyrrhic victory, but hey that's for you to figure out.

Jiufengbao: Thanks for stepping up. You didn't have to and I recognize that. I hope to see you online, it would be nice to catch a game together.

I am done with this post.

I tried getting a point across and I apparently made some missteps in either how I tried to communicate it, or by talking about how my feelings got involved with the sudden patch, and my not having had the chance to finish testing stuff. Regardless. Glad they took the infinite stacking out, would have liked to see something Railgunish implemented as that is what I thought of whilst I was testing this. 

Good day gentlemen have at the carcass. I am leaving with out reservation. I leave the ideas to the wolves and jackals.

Edited by SirProper

It really feels like you just assumed the whole time, why should now be any different?

Thank you for your participation in this thread, albeit in the negative fashion. If you hadn't been determined to crucify me on the internet we would have never gotten to this place. An achievement to say the least.

I hope you did get some sort of Pyrrhic victory out of this, at least that would be something. Not sure in what way this would even be a Pyrrhic victory, but hey that's for you to figure out.

Jiufengbao: Thanks for stepping up. You didn't have to and I recognize that. I hope to see you online, it would be nice to catch a game together.

I am done with this post.

I tried getting a point across and I apparently made some missteps in either how I tried to communicate it, or by talking about how my feelings got involved with the sudden patch, and my not having had the chance to finish testing stuff. Regardless. Glad they took the infinite stacking out, would have liked to see something Railgunish implemented as that is what I thought of whilst I was testing this. 

Good day gentlemen have at the carcass. I am leaving with out reservation. I leave the ideas to the wolves and jackals.

Youre painting it that way

Your post was specifically being upset that stacking shields was no longer a thing

It was a bug that led to broken damage rates

If you didnt mean it that way then you shouldnt have posted your OP that way

And i still think youre full of BS and saving face based on your replies throughout this thread