Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop Having The Ai Allies Scratch Their Butts

zoboso

when allies would be standing around doing nothing instead make them go toward the objective.

this would do two things:

1.) Invasion do not win themselves and their charge will lead the player forward through the level. (added bonus: we could add specters to the mercury missions to make them easier and to teach the player)

2.) do you know what else is close to the objective: enemies. which means that while the AI is advancing toward the objective the discover more enemies for them to fight so the AI can appear smarter.

Edit: should this be in feedback?

Edited by zoboso

Sometimes they remain behind because there is a mob missed that doesn't show up on the map, I've had to go back many times and find that stupid one mob that didn't show up. Other times they might not follow because of certain rooms only spawning mobs when the doors are opened. I don't mind them not following - they stay behind to mop up the ones that map misses lol Generally if you go forward you'll pick up another AI Ally group anyway.

The only thing I've really seen stop them is when they have to jump over a wide gap with no bridge (or tree) or have to jump into a conduit space.