Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Breeding Grounds - Leaderboards.

jRazz

(Skip to the last 2 big paragraphs to get directly to the point)

Hi. This is my first post on the forums after playing for a year and putting in over 2000 hours into the game.

I'm part of FGS  (Forsaken Gaming Society) and we just placed 6th in Shadow Clans. (Maybe a Silver Throphy. I'm not sure yet).

My post is directed at DE, but I welcome any constructive comments that DE will hopefully read and reply to.

Let's ignore the flawed concept, where the average of total scores was used to determine the High Score on a run (I will call it HS going forward), which allowed us to carry a player who had done few runs (or even a single run), and get him a very high HS.

Let's ignore that many, or maybe all, of the top shadow clans were blatantly using alt accounts to boost their scores. I am referring to an account that had played 20 minutes of warframe  EVER, and had 405 HS with a rank2 excalibur. Accounts that were probably created during the event itself. (I know that at least the following clans have done this:  Deus Divinus, KG KrankeGamer)

Lets ignore that I EARNED my own 405 HS and still continued to play on to get a total score of 78500. I still did not expect to be ranked as the top player, as I assumed that there would be many players who got maybe 30k or more total score than I did.

|        |

(And here is the point...)        \ | /    \ | /

\/      \/

Despite all that and the many unfortunate controversies around the scoring of this otherwise great event, what upsets me and leaves me thoroughly disappointed with DE is this:  How on earth, among all those who have a 405 HS, can you consider a player who has only 405 TOTAL SCORE as the top player? How is a player who has obviously been carried to 405 HS, by some other players with very high total scores, be ranked higher than all those players who grinded for a week and earned their 405 HS by getting 60k or more total scores???

DE, are you going to allow this glaring error in rankings stand? Are you going to have this ranking remain unchanged as it gets archived? Are you just going to lets these alts be forever a slap in the face for all those who actually played the event the way it was meant to be played? I truly hope not. I love Warframe, and I love most of what you guys at DE do. The solution is simple really. All that is needed is that when one or more players have the same HS, then the one with the higher total score needs to rank higher.. it's logical.. I don't understand why it wasn't done that way from the beginning.

DE, please correct this mistake that should never have happened.

Edited by jRazz

DE encourages the use of exploits and bugs in events by giving out gold silver and bronze for over a year now,

do you realy believe they will ever change it? because i dont, and they dont seem to care to do something about it either

DE encourages the use of exploits and bugs in events by giving out gold silver and bronze for over a year now,

do you realy believe they will ever change it? because i dont, and they dont seem to care to do something about it either

wut?

no sure if ppl dont realize this... haha who am i kidding?

DE wants ppl to find bugs/exploits so they can adjust fire and be better prepared for next time, almost every event is different, thus different problems are going to occur, sooner they show up, sooner they get fixed, the better

but yes IMHO i do kind of agree with OP and that the leaderboards should have been ranked by total stink, not by best run average

Despite all that and the many unfortunate controversies around the scoring of this otherwise great event, what upsets me and leaves me thoroughly disappointed with DE is this:  How on earth, among all those who have a 405 HS, can you consider a player who has only 405 TOTAL SCORE as the top player? How is a player who has obviously been carried to 405 HS, by some other players with very high total scores, be ranked higher than all those players who grinded for a week and earned their 405 HS by getting 60k or more total scores???

Individual ranking should have been based on Total Score. Having a bizarre ranking method is never a good idea DE.