Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Really Hope The Venka Doesn't Use Recycled Valkyr Animations.

DreadScourge

I've created games with a team before and I know how tempting it is to recycle assets - which is sometimes good - but not with something as iconic as Valkyr's ult.

I am just hoping we don't have a copy/paste animation on a new weapon locked behind clantech (unless you have the $) for a quick buck.

Edited by DreadScourge

If you saw the recent devstreams you would have seen that the new animations for Valkyr's Hysteria are separate from that of the Venka. So you have nothing to worry about.

To further on this, the Venka doesn't use the old/current Hysteria animations either.

I mean like there is a video showing you the animations of the Venka so you already have an answer to your worry. 

Yeah, but I hadn't seen new Valkyr animations besides her jumping around the room like Sonic the Hedgehog. I had seen the new claw weapon, just not her final claw animations to compare it too,

It does for the slam attacks. It uses the kogake/obex animation for the jump slam attacks.

Well if you want to be picky then yes it uses shared animations for ground slam and slide attacks, But for the actual melee attacks and combos, they're completely original.

Well if you want to be picky then yes it uses shared animations for ground slam and slide attacks, But for the actual melee attacks and combos, they're completely original.

I do want to get picky because this weapon could INFINITELY BENEFIT from the drill claw/M.Bison attack as a slide animation. Dear God please support me on this community the cause is just...there is a thread on it called Venka slide attack I can't link because I'm on my Vita. Search it and support it!!

Edited by Nkomo-Sama

I'm not sold on this new weapon,  I think Dual Zorens would still be better, higher critical chance, critical damage and attack speed.

This is entirely a cool (x)factor thing. (couldn't help it) Once DE remembers to add the uber puncture dmg and crit chance then the Wolverines will make more sense.

I saw what you did with the x-factor (not really the biggest fan off X-men, I still watch the movies) but I really want to see a melee weapon that isn't just on par with a lot of the others. Sure it has look and style, but if you like going into a 'higher' leveled area for say survival, I get away from a lot of the cool and go with stuff that will make me survive.  Guess I am looking for stuff that hit the mastery rank 13, and has great stats on it sort of thing.

That's not picky, that's called answering the question. So yeah, if answering questions exactly as they are posed is considered "picky", then yeah, I like to be picky, but not petty. I answer questions posed by writers, plain and simple.

Edited by -SLX-J3tAc3

That's not picky, that's called answering the question. So yeah, if answering questions exactly as they are posed is considered "picky", then yeah, I like to be picky, but not petty. I answer questions posed by writers, plain and simple.

Okay, so the Venka uses brand-new animations apart from the attacks that have animations shared across every similar type of weapon which should totally be expected to not be unique.

Any better?

Edited by LoopStricken