Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Get Rid Of Forced Steam Payment Redirect

Arisaya

Hm, not being able to disable this seems bad, as the page shows 49,99$ for a Hunter, eg. Exchange rates would suggest that nets to ~39€. So having to pay 45€ via steam seems odd and makes for bad PR.

If people not using steam can get it for normal exchange rates, I can't even think of a solution right now.

But, you know: in devs we trust ; )

Unfortunately we cannot disable this.

According to this post, I assume that it's more than a technical thing. Maybe you guys are under a contractual agreement of some sort?

But anyway, you don't have to download/install a whole other Warframe client just to do this. Simply go to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Warframe\Tools

and click on Launcher.exe. It'll launch the launcher without you logging into Steam. Should let you buy plat normally, though I can't test this since my account was made before Steam came along.

Well, I've re-downloaded Warframe from here hoping that it would change anything, but alas, it does not.

The "buy now" buttons on the website appear to have different javascript code behind them for people who are logged in through a steam account.

Too bad, since I do not want to put money in yet another e-wallet, especially since you can only top up in increments that do not fit the prices at all (at least in euro's).

I am unable to buy with my steam wallet or with my credit card. Last week I made a purchase via credit card but since then it declines my card everytime I try to purchase. I put money into steam wallet hoping it would redirect the purchase options screen but it doesnt and I cant find a way to pay with my steam wallet and it refuses to accept my card. Im pretty sure my account was made pre steam but when I made the purchase with my card it was after the game had been added to steam.

I do not see such an option: http://i.imgur.com/2fU3pSE.png

The payment method is set to "Steam Wallet", with no way of changing it (the text is not a link that I can select or anything)

edit: and these: http://i.imgur.com/pHGnbuD.png are the options shown when pressing the green top-up button below.

I have the opposite problem, the website declines all my credit cards and I don't have an option to pay with my steam wallet.

I have 2 Warframes installed on my system, 1 before steam and 1 through steam, but they both open the website when I click "get platinum".

The only difference is that the steam version opens it in steam browser rather than google chrome.

Edited by Cedj