The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Europa Frozen Tileset Wildlife - Eel [Art Included]

Krion112

Eel 

Frozen Tileset Predator

DuutlYC.jpg

Hidden beneath the glaciers of Europa is a diverse, hidden ecosystem of bizarre aquatic lifeforms. Genetically constructed during the Orokin's terraforming period, these horrid predators were left to hunt under and on the ice of Europa.

When hunting within the waters, they use simplistic swarm tactics coupled with their electric discharge ability. However, on land, they stalk their prey from below. Once their target is within distance of thin ice, the Eel will breach the thin ice and slither out onto ground. Extremely vicious, they will quickly snake towards their prey for a devastating melee attack. If they have difficulty getting close, their whisker tentacles are capable of directing short pulses of electricity at their target.

All Eel swarms are lead by an Alpha, which is often the last to breach and attack. The Alpha is significantly stronger than its common variants, and can project out pulses of magnetic damage.

Just a quick brainstorm I had when they first discussed us getting the Frozen Tileset.

Feedback appreciated. 

Edited by Krion112

Nice concept and the look is Allmost like an ancient.

I like it, well thought out.

Like an ancient? Hmmm... I don't see it... Thanks for the comment, though!

It looks like a xenomorph a bit, but I like it.

A bit on the head there, though it was unintentionally; the idea was the creature needs a thick, powerful skull to break through the ice for on-land hunting.

This idea is quite good and seems like it belongs in Warframe.

The only thing I find wrong with it is the fact that its a little short.

Hah, thanks.

Height? Regular ones are supposed to stand about 3/4 a Tenno's height, and Alphas are 1 and 1/2 a Tenno's height.

Hah, thanks.

Height? Regular ones are supposed to stand about 3/4 a Tenno's height, and Alphas are 1 and 1/2 a Tenno's height.

Then I do hope that they are longer, because They seem a bit short, and if they are that large they would look a bit on the bulky site, but otherwise very neat, and fitting for a planet with a watery core and icy surface and if possible, make the alpha send out aoe electric attacks (with imapct stuns), because these enemies might be considered dangerous threat to be dealth with if left unchecked, but hopefully not top priority targets, (because anything that can drain your energy while staring at you is worth killing half a map away) since it is wildlife it should effect the gameplay, in oncoventional ways, but the corpus target you are hunting is still the V.ery I.mportant (target)P.ratcise. 

Then I do hope that they are longer, because They seem a bit short, and if they are that large they would look a bit on the bulky site, but otherwise very neat, and fitting for a planet with a watery core and icy surface and if possible, make the alpha send out aoe electric attacks (with imapct stuns), because these enemies might be considered dangerous threat to be dealth with if left unchecked, but hopefully not top priority targets, (because anything that can drain your energy while staring at you is worth killing half a map away) since it is wildlife it should effect the gameplay, in oncoventional ways, but the corpus target you are hunting is still the V.ery I.mportant (target)P.ratcise. 

Well, bulky kinda makes sense. It's partially frozen water they're living in, I imagine they have to have some thick insulation to keep their insides from freezing, as well as the muscle to keep moving perpetually. I didn't draw them perfectly to scale or length, though, as I'm still working on my drawing skills. But I did get most of the concept out into the drawing.

Yeah, the idea is for them to only be a small nuisance, unless you ticked off their swarm to cause the Alpha leading it to get angry, then it's supposed to be a problem. And the idea I had for the Alpha's magnetic attack would be a very visible, easily dodged projectile but they would also have regular electrical abilities.