Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Paris Prime Vs. Dread

dllindsey

In my research i have come to find out that paris prime is in fact better than the dread. yes paris does have more puncture damage and dread has more slash damage. but even then i made 1 build. gave them to both paris prime and dread along with the same amount of forma. the only place where paris prime shines in damage is against alloy armor and corpus shield/robotic units. here is the build i made.

http://goo.gl/EZ1cm5 dread

http://goo.gl/UXwg8L paris prime

under details it shows that dread does more damage against everything except alloy/corpus shield/robotic. yes paris does damage well verses everything, but dread does it a lot better. except for the armor i stated previously. any thoughts on this?

Edited by dllindsey

Guest Shibboleet

And if your party runs corrosive projection aura (100% armor reduction), the paris prime loses on Grineer/Void also.

And if your party runs corrosive projection aura (100% armor reduction), the paris prime loses on Grineer/Void also.

oo i like that...unfortunately my team usually runs energy siphon (except me on trinity. i use physique). i was talking to a guy earlier. he uses paris prime and i was telling him about dread. took me a while to get him to see that just because he has point strike in his weapon doesnt mean he has 150% crit chance exactly. my friend is doing 150k+ red crits all the time. i dont have all the mods yet but im working towards them

I prefer Paris prime but thats mostly because of it's effective againt high level gunners in t3/4 survival. dread is good and i like it as well but both dread and paris prime pretty much one shot anything that you don't fight in endless defense/survival. for me it's a choice of good vs infected or good vs armour against high level targets and tbh I rarely fight high level infected and there's other weapons which would be a better choice if I did want to. It really depends on what you like to play though

Yup.

Slash damage isn't as bad as everyone claims it is. It's major downside is -25% damage to alloy (After accounting for the +25% to cloned flesh which all humanoid Grineer are)

The addition of red crits means that the Dreads 5% base crit advantage over Paris Prime actually matters (Pre-red crit all it meant was it took a 1 rank lower Point Strike to get 100%)

With max damage builds the Dread does damage that is nigh identical to the Paris Prime against targets it's weak against while significantly outperforming against targets it's good against and what the Paris Prime is weak against.

This becomes even more significant when you factor in the targets that Paris Prime is good against (High level Alloy Armour - Endless Grineer maps) often teams run with 4x Corrosive Projection to completely remove armour. This means that those targets no longer have Alloy Armour and instead are just Cloned Flesh making Dread even more potent.

There was a recent thread that went into this in detail.

Personally, I prefer dread. No annoying sound effects.

Factually, dread has a 5% higher critical chance, which with a single critical chance mod results in a 2x double-crit over the ParisP, 25% to 12.5%.

Paris Prime has a 0.1 second faster reload (which sounds pointless but adds up when fending off a zerg rush), but otherwise...

They're really very similar bows, Dread has the better normalized due to red crits (doesn't matter what damage types you're dealing, if not for crit chance and charged chamber, the Lanka's 250 Electric beats out the Vectis's 174 IPS in every way up to and beyond 1.5m armor (both alloy and ferrite)).

And ignoring that, everything dies to a headshot from either of them until like well into the 60's or worse if you built them right.

Honestly just use the one you like the look of more.

Best you can do is 90% as you always should have at least 1 Energy Siphon. However, you are still likely correct that dropping all armor values to a tenth would sway puncture/corrosive/radiation damage into "pointless" territory as their primary use is in getting around that armor reduction.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

Yup.

Slash damage isn't as bad as everyone claims it is. It's major downside is -25% damage to alloy (After accounting for the +25% to cloned flesh which all humanoid Grineer are)

The addition of red crits means that the Dreads 5% base crit advantage over Paris Prime actually matters (Pre-red crit all it meant was it took a 1 rank lower Point Strike to get 100%)

With max damage builds the Dread does damage that is nigh identical to the Paris Prime against targets it's weak against while significantly outperforming against targets it's good against and what the Paris Prime is weak against.

This becomes even more significant when you factor in the targets that Paris Prime is good against (High level Alloy Armour - Endless Grineer maps) often teams run with 4x Corrosive Projection to completely remove armour. This means that those targets no longer have Alloy Armour and instead are just Cloned Flesh making Dread even more potent

i like your build..im gonna have to start using that. i guess it would mean that id need to forma my warframes for - polarities in order to be able to run that as well as energy siphon instead of physique.

Guest Shibboleet

Best you can do is 90% as you always should have at least 1 Energy Siphon. However, you are still likely correct that dropping all armor values to a tenth would sway puncture/corrosive/radiation damage into "pointless" territory as their primary use is in getting around that armor reduction.

100% less armor means they convert into flesh (+25% from slash), and they lose that incredible armor later on. This gives dread a huge advantage. E. Siphon isn't required for anything as there are energy plates x 400 * 4.

And what Telzscha pointed out =).

Edited by Shibboleet