Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Asking For Opinion: Grineer Flameblade With Buzzsaws?

Othergrunty

I really do miss them ol' Buzzsaws from time to time. Hopefully this can be discussed with some of the designers/team down the road and we can see what they think! 

The chance for that to happen itself is allready nice.

Oooh yes.

Still remember myself silently staying crouched in the dark, and hearing the stressful saw sound behind... All my youth!

What i liked about the Sawmen was that they pretty much symbolized Grineer military doctrine. Loud, deadly and with no regard for either the life of the victim or the wielder of the weapon.

They helped me as new player painting a picture of what the Grineer were like.

Edited by Othergrunty

Why not just bring back grineer sawmen? More enemies means slightly less dilution/more places to get a mod so.

I thought of it as a two birds with one stone type of change. The old buzzsaw wielding Grineer could come back and the long forgotten Flameblades would finaly get a more fearsome melee weapon. A relative simple change that would improve a unit and bring back a classic.

Also the Grineer allready have more units than the other two factions, so i thought it would be better to just improve one rather than add another (yet).

Edited by Othergrunty

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well sorry guys. Looks like my actual suggestion did not created much attention. Guess i either picked the wrong time or the wrong forum section to post it.

If you make the sawblade into a more reasonable looking weapon (not a floating sawblade, give it a handle or something) then I think it would be much cooler than the prova thing they have now.

Do you mean a handle outside or a handle inside the ring? Because i think they were actualy held in a grip inside the blade ring. It was just that grip was covered by the Grineer's hand.

In case of the later, it would make them just look like a power tool. What i liked about those buzzsaws was that they were a type of weapon only Grineer would come up with, while also resembling the Glaive in a way.