The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steam Workshop Or Something Similar?

AdunSaveMe

When I say modding, i don't mean modding. I mean modding. 

Editing the game with cool addons and stuff.

This game, like many others, could greatly benefit from something like a player content workshop.

Imagine if you could make your grineer look like Space Marines.

Imagine if you could make your Infested look like the Zerg.

Imagine if you could make your Corpus look like idiots in fat spacesui- oh

Anyways, it would be AWESOME. Can you imagine the cool stuff? 

You can probably imagine the not so cool stuff (why does my sentinel look like a phalluuuuuuus) but STILL

Couple of issues though. First is possible hacks, mebbe. Getting stuff you shouldn't have.

And, of course, hitboxes.

I thought it'd be cool. Don't murder me pls

You just named two issues why it won't happen. Exploit possibilities and hitbox problems. You could make your frame look like a broom, or make an empty mesh with little to no hitbox and enemies would not be able to hit you. Not to mention going through obstacles casually.

i'd make all the frames na-

nvm.

I find it as a bad idea. When I read the title of your post, I thought it would be like the TF2 Workshop. Occasionally Valve takes some user submitted content and adds it to the game. Addons would be fun and all, but they really aren't needed. In my opinion, the TF2 Workshop idea would be better. Just incase DE(Ltd.) runs out of ideas or something.

I was thinking something more along the lines of the Left 4 dead 2 workshop.

Things like gun skins and music and what your tanks look like, only looks like that for you, you know what I'm talking about.

yeah, that sounds immensely cool. But then DE has nothing to sell anymore. All those potential sales on re-skinned Bratons and Karaks; lost. Not to mention blingbling you can put on the frames themselves now.

If mods were to happen I'd bet my graphics card they're going to sell content as DLC. When planets get new tile sets they're going to be locked, you gotta buy the DLC which also unlocks another generic gun and melee set for 15 bucks.

And don't tell me that's hyperbole. It has happened many times before and it still happens right now at Steam and Origin.

I was thinking something more along the lines of the Left 4 dead 2 workshop.

Things like gun skins and music and what your tanks look like, only looks like that for you, you know what I'm talking about.

Make all of the enemies as big as possible and toxic green, mark only their heads in bright orange = win.