Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disable Shadows Completely

VirginiaBear

Ok. I'm a bit of a gamer. My rig is decent with a Core 2 Quad, decent memory and a decent video card. So normally I have no problems running a wide variety of games.  I've found to have a slight performance boost, I reduce the draw distances and disable shadows.

So imagine my frustration with Warframe in that I am UNABLE to completely disable shadows.  Even with minimal applications running, I still have lag.  Can we PLEASE have an option to completely disable Shadows.

Using Shadows in a game although produces some nice effects, does require a greater amount of resources from both the system and the GPU. Having the ability to completely disable them, does increase the FPS rate of the end user's experience and will keep them coming back.

As a note, if you're online the lag is entirely due to your host. The way Warframe's set up is based on who is the person hosting the session gets all the blame for any lag. As such, a cheap $400 (With an I5, Intel HD 4000 GPU, 4 Gigs RAM) laptop can play this game smooth as crystal.

Edited by Un1337ninj4

(With an I5, Intel HD 4000 GPU, 4 Gigs RAM) laptop can play this game smooth as crystal.

I can play this game perfectly with a weaker rig, as well. It's possible to disable shadows, but I believe only the dynamic shadows. The other are static, and of low quality, so I doubt it highly affects performance.

Dynamic shadows can be turned off afaik. These are the ones that update in real time and incur a performance penalty.

I suspect (though i've never run it as such) the shadows you're referring to are the 'pre-baked' stuff that gets added due to levels having fixed lighting positions.

In a sense, what you're seeing is a texture and not a shadow....