Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Port Issues Still Unresolved

Marmo64

Question

Not entirely sure if this has been brought up or not. I've been getting errors to allow traffic through ports 3960-3962. I've manually allowed access through these ports via advanced setting on my firewall, but I still can't receive invites to another players game. Is there another way to fix this? I've also switched between NA East server AND the NA West server. I'm smack in the middle of both of them, so could that be causing this problem? 

Thanks~

3 answers to this question

Try disabling port forwarding, enabling DHCP, setting your computer's IPv4 address to automatic, enabling UPnP, disabling Windows Firewall and then launch the game. If you get a Strict NAT error, try DMZing your computer (set computer's IPv4 address manually and DMZ it via router). If you're still getting an error when your computer is DMZ'd, this may indicate that either your router is faulty/bad (forcing Strict NAT no matter what) or your ISP is blocking the ports on their end.

I'd suggest getting/trying a different router. The current router I use (with no problems, NAT Type 2--moderate and not strict) is a Belkin N300. Worst case scenario is that you'll still get hit with port errors, in which case you can just return the router and stick with your old one.

Also, if you're experiencing UPnP malfunction (Strict NAT) in the error message, that indicates that it's likely the router. It's silly, but for some reason some routers are always forcing Strict NAT instead of Moderate NAT. It's silly and dumb because it drastically limits applications' (especially games' and game consoles') online functionality.

Try disabling port forwarding, enabling DHCP, setting your computer's IPv4 address to automatic, enabling UPnP, disabling Windows Firewall and then launch the game. If you get a Strict NAT error, try DMZing your computer (set computer's IPv4 address manually and DMZ it via router). If you're still getting an error when your computer is DMZ'd, this may indicate that either your router is faulty/bad (forcing Strict NAT no matter what) or your ISP is blocking the ports on their end.

I'd suggest getting/trying a different router. The current router I use (with no problems, NAT Type 2--moderate and not strict) is a Belkin N300. Worst case scenario is that you'll still get hit with port errors, in which case you can just return the router and stick with your old one.

Also, if you're experiencing UPnP malfunction (Strict NAT) in the error message, that indicates that it's likely the router. It's silly, but for some reason some routers are always forcing Strict NAT instead of Moderate NAT. It's silly and dumb because it drastically limits applications' (especially games' and game consoles') online functionality.

Thank you so much! I tried all of that, and was still getting errors, so I'll have to get a new router. Thanks for all the help! 

Thank you so much! I tried all of that, and was still getting errors, so I'll have to get a new router. Thanks for all the help! 

Make sure that you can return the new router if it too forces Type 3 NAT. 

There is always the possibility that your ISP blocks ports, although this is rare. One way you can test is to hook your PC directly to your modem (basically take the cable from your modem to your router and plug it into your PC instead). If you still get port problems when connected directly to your DSL/Cable/FIberOptic modem, then your ISP is the culprit.