Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Interception, Would Appreciate Some Tips To Cover Capture Points Easier (Solo)

WildcatAU

Question

Hello, Im having a hard time doing interception in Solo, thought i would give it a shot for fun as i never really got into the mode and was wondering if anyone has any tips for solo play on this mission type?

So far ive been using Zephyr to tailwind between Capture points and kill the enemies at each one but after the first wave there's alot more enemies and i end up losing two points and then three points every time and eventually fail, since i cant keep up with the enemies at each one.

If anyone has some personal tips or tricks that have helped them in this mode that would work for solo play they would be much appreciated.

Thanks =)

14 answers to this question

If I have to roll solo, I usually do so with Banshee: 

- Bring along a few stacks of energy restore
- Use mods to attain Max Range on Sound Quake
- Pick up a max flow to make sure your restores don't go to waste

1. Head to the closest point first

2. As you reach a point, use sound quake
3. Repeat until you've captured all of the outer perimeter points

4. Head to either the central point, or the point that has 2 or more others within a close proximity (less than 50M)

5. Drop an energy restore, hit 4, go watch a movie

Repeat steps 1-5 per each wave!

Happy TIV Key hunting!

(Edit: For max efficiency, key bind your gear - For example, mine is keybound to numpad 1 so I can drop my energy restore as I'm reaching the location and hitting Sound Quake at the same time.)

Edited by Sunlight-Centurion

Ash's Bladestorm can allow you to kill most, if not all enemies at the other points, while you just camp out at your own.

Although running with a group is just more efficient anyways.

Im still ranking him up, only got him recently. Try it when i rank him though =D

Edited by MLPDiamondHeart

If I have to roll solo, I usually do so with Banshee: 

- Bring along a few stacks of energy restore

- Use mods to attain Max Range on Sound Quake

- Pick up a max flow to make sure your restores don't go to waste

1. Head to the closest point first

2. As you reach a point, use sound quake

3. Repeat until you've captured all of the outer perimeter points

4. Head to either the central point, or the point that has 2 or more others within a close proximity (less than 50M)

5. Drop an energy restore, hit 4, go watch a movie

Repeat steps 1-5 per each wave!

Happy TIV Key hunting!

(Edit: For max efficiency, key bind your gear - For example, mine is keybound to numpad 1 so I can drop as I'm hitting the location and hitting 4 at the same time.)

Damn that sounds good as... I still need to get Banshee though, thanks il save this as a Notepad Document and try it =)

I've ran interception missions solo, and i still do everyday for t4 ext keys.

It's important to choose decent tilesets, preferably smaller ones.

For example the Ceres interception mission is small enough, and the Mars interception map is also really small.

I advice against the pluto one, as it is way too big unless in a group of 3-4.

Frames like Ash,Saryn and Mag can make little work of large groups of enemies, due to their ults and mag's shield polarise.

but more importantly is the map. Ceres for T4 Survial/Defense/Interception keys, Mars for the other keys.

I run Mars interception all the time solo with a Saryn, and i've never failed.

I like to use Mag Prime for soloing Interceptions. I sit at the most central tower and when I see a point getting taken in the top-left corner, I just zorencopter over and use Pull before it gets captured, then kill anyone else in the area.

I've ran interception missions solo, and i still do everyday for t4 ext keys.

It's important to choose decent tilesets, preferably smaller ones.

For example the Ceres interception mission is small enough, and the Mars interception map is also really small.

I advice against the pluto one, as it is way too big unless in a group of 3-4.

Frames like Ash,Saryn and Mag can make little work of large groups of enemies, due to their ults and mag's shield polarise.

but more importantly is the map. Ceres for T4 Survial/Defense/Interception keys, Mars for the other keys.

I run Mars interception all the time solo with a Saryn, and i've never failed.

Thank you! I was wondering why some of the tilesets i played felt to big =)

Edited by MLPDiamondHeart

I like to use Mag Prime for soloing Interceptions. I sit at the most central tower and when I see a point getting taken in the top-left corner, I just zorencopter over and use Pull before it gets captured, then kill anyone else in the area.

Wish i though of that, forget about her great crowd control possibilities =)  

Ash is great, max range teleport to get around, bladestrom to kill quickly at a distance and invis for more survivability.  I solo farmed T4 keys on Pluto with Ash and then solo played T4 interception for 5 rounds.

Zeph to fly around large maps, again ult and shield help big time. 

Booben for smaller maps on lower levels where you can spam everyhting with teslas and bastiles to lock down the entire map (thats how I helped noobs on Earth when interception had crazy spwanrate)

Edited by Monolake