Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity Well Of Life Bug

(PSN)APathwayThrough

I'm not sure where this should be posted so I'm posting it in the general support section.

There's a bug with Trinity's Well of Life in that it becomes unusable for the rest of the mission if the target of the power does not die whilst under the influence of the power.

Whenever you try to use it, it just repeats the message 'Power in use' underneath the power icon.

I figure this isn't an intentional feature so I just thought I'd better let you know.

Just ran a test on trinity using well of life, only time that power is in use is displayed is when the countdown of the power is active. The target of the power was not killed during the duration of this test, and as attempted to use on target 2 there was of course a countdown so was unable which is of course correct.

Not sure how this bug came to be but further information on what mission and or set up you had as during this test was in solo survival using a duration trinity build in order to see if can replicate this bug.

I was unable to use the power even though it was off cooldown. I've noticed this multiple times but couldn't figure out was wrong until recently. 

I was on a Grineer invasion map...I can't remember which one. 

Also, when I say the rest of the mission, it was a good 20 minutes of gameplay so the cooldown of the power is not the issue.

I see, but as said, have run the test a few times and only thing I've seen is cooldown. Like you said, that is not an issue. So, perhaps there was some sort of delay or sync error if you were connecting to a host or were you on solo? Could replicate as much as I can so will run an invasion mission later and test to see if either an ally or enemy who does not die bugs the skill, though am sure the cooldown would prevent such a thing occurring.

@PaNiXx: The enemy you used the ability on was at full hp? If so, did it die after the power was worn off or well before the cooldown finished? Trying to rule out possible cooldown bug. Also, another note, were you also solo'ing or with a squad? Once again, want to rule out any sync issue or variables in regard to this skill on testing.

Please note, even though not many including myself experienced this as yet, am hoping we can at least get this looked into if more accounts come forward. Until said time, will conduct further tests with each encounter listed and determine possible causes.

APathwayThrough: Ok, looked into this ability and have run some tests on a few different invasion missions, some corpus/infected/Grineer etc. So far have yet to encounter the issue that you reported, even tested on near dead enemy to no avail, even allowed one to be killed whilst under the ability effect and still was able to trigger it once again as the game took it as the cool down expired.

Solo was no issues, tested solo void defence and survival and encountered zero errors thus far, however will run a few more over the weekend just to be sure.

As for in a squad either hosting or otherwise, seem to be the same results as solo however, did encounter a few minor sync issues on when the ability is used on a near dead enemy it would count as invalid but remained in neutral usage. Also encountered some minor delays on ability when enemy under influence died and was about roughly 15 seconds after the ability should have ended.

Those hiccups aside, might be some sort of sync error however you did state you were by yourself and so far have not been able to replicate the same. So, when more accounts of this come forward, it might be just a minor bug that seems to be on and off.

Sorry if that did not resolve or clarify your findings 

• 3 weeks later...

I have experienced this bug for the past couple hours and am getting annoyed.

Playing on the PS4, connecting to my roommates game (he's literally sitting on the couch next to me), farming T3 Survival for a part. Just the two of us playing, used on enemies of different types and health levels. I would use it on one person, and wouldn't be able to use it for the rest of the match (till the 20 min mark where we killed ourselves after not getting Rhino Prime Chasis).

Hopefully that is enough information (probably not) to help you figure this out.

• 2 weeks later...

I too have had this issue many times.

I'll activate the ability, and whether I kill the target or not, after using it, it will say 'Power In Use', sometimes it corrects itself after a few minutes, sometimes it won't work for the rest of a mission, kinda annoying considering it's a big part of using trinity.

Anyone know of a fix, or if there's a planned fix in the works??

I don't think there's a fix, I always had this issue so I just gave up on it, got energy syphon and maxed it, spammed energy vampire and blessing because yeah, it works and I end up heal everyone and their shields :/ Oh well.. Whenever I use it someone just kills the enemy and I cant use it for the rest of the match, gg.

For me, It only hapoens Online, but not solo missions, I go smoothly through missions with it myself. But it's kind of a drag whenever I need health, I have to rely on either performing "Blessing" or waiting for health spheres. Even though I have rejuvenation...Oaverall, I love playing as Trinity, Period. Hope this bug gets fixed☺