Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is Holding Me Back From Playing On Ps4

Satinpuppies

The bindings crouch slide and roll all on the same button. So if i instantly need to slide i have to hold down L1 making sure i'm still holding the sprint button down. It feels so awkward and i am NOWHERE near as maneuverable as i was playing with the controller on pc. It's a shame that ps4 players don't know the ease of toggle sprint and toggle crouch to get clean slides and sprint at the instant of just pressing the crouch button. but instead you have to HOLD the crouch button rending the toggleable crouch button useless.. PLEASE for the love of god make ACTUAL Full customization to the controller on ps4. I wanted to play on ps4 with my brother and his mates and help them get into the game. BUT I CANNOT stand the controls.

If somehow i missed the ability to be able to bind the Crouch/slide/roll individually in the options somewhere.

Please tell me how and shut this whole complaint down.

I want to rebind the ps4 controller just as i have my ps4 controller on PC but i can't do that because certain buttons are bound together, It's really not thought through that well.

I went from flying around shooting things in the air.

To

URRGH WHY CAN"T I SLIDE WITHOUT ROLLING/CROUCHING SCREWING UP

Please no troll comments like, "learn how to play with the ps4 controls noob" because that's just ridiculous it is impossible to be as efficient as a pc player mobility wise on ps4 with the current setup. please DE pls i don't think that ps4 players should have to deal with that clunky system.

I don't see flipping everywhere and super slide zorencopter awesomeness happening in ps4 lobbies ;c

Edited by Satinpuppies

Learn how to play with the ps4 controls, noob!

But in all honesty, I think you will have to learn how to play with the ps4 controls. There just isnt enough buttons on the controller to manage everything that way. 

But i am certainly hip if they can change it up so we can combine what we wish...

But that's the thing.

There is. there absolutely is... i play with a ps4 controller on pc i can do everything Except gear (touch pad doesn't work with my ps4 emulator on pc)

Ps4 you can have all those things. even gear because the touch pad.

That's the point of this.... with my current setup on ps4 i have one free slot open and that is one of the button presses on the left analog stick and thats what i want to be roll.... i can't do that because the bindings are stuck together for NO REASON. I litterally am not getting use out of one of the buttons on the ps4 because there is not enough actions to stick on to the various buttons because they are all bound together and it's awful.

It's not a matter of learning, It's a matter of You literally can't do on ps4 because of the way they decided to add actions together.

NO MATTER WHAT

You have to (HOLD DOWN) a button for a short time to get your char to crouch that means yes... your slides are delayed because of the time you spend holding down l1 or the stick or whatever to make it happen.

Thus also meaning that when you enable Toggle crouch in the options, you have to hold the button for a second to input the action of uncrouching or crouching. What is the point of that? I need my slides to happen IMMEDIATELY when i press the button.

Let's be honest roll is useless anyway. EDIT: on a side note, Roll needs more Umf! it wouldn't be so neglected if it pushed you a lot further to get out of a situation and didn't interrupt your reload.

Edited by Satinpuppies

Then I stand corrected as a never-played-on-PC and eagerly hope your suggestion gets steam!

Thank you, i do aswell. and if this ever gets noticed and the devs decide to take the small time of fixing this. I HIGHLY recommend you try out not having to hold your button down for a second to start crouching. It brings a whole new world of flipping in the air spinning through the air at unrealistic speeds like most pc players do. It absolutely needs to be more responsive i don't know how the devs missed this. I suppose it's because anyone who plays on pc with a controller doesn't own a ps4 and at that the people who played on pc just think that is how crappy the controller is (because of the bindings being tied together) when in reality it's a lovely smooth feeling that makes me enjoy the controller so much on the pc just as much as i enjoy the keyboard. Ps4 does not execute this and i urge people to get this noticed.... (please it's a quality of life thing for ps4 players) a whole new world of movement freedom that they don't know even exists. xD

Sheesh i take the PC side of warframe for granted and pc all together.

Thank you, i do aswell. and if this ever gets noticed and the devs decide to take the small time of fixing this. I HIGHLY recommend you try out not having to hold your button down for a second to start crouching. It brings a whole new world of flipping in the air spinning through the air at unrealistic speeds like most pc players do. It absolutely needs to be more responsive i don't know how the devs missed this. I suppose it's because anyone who plays on pc with a controller doesn't own a ps4 and at that the people who played on pc just think that is how crappy the controller is (because of the bindings being tied together) when in reality it's a lovely smooth feeling that makes me enjoy the controller so much on the pc just as much as i enjoy the keyboard. Ps4 does not execute this and i urge people to get this noticed.... (please it's a quality of life thing for ps4 players) a whole new world of movement freedom that they don't know even exists. xD

Sheesh i take the PC side of warframe for granted and pc all together.

To be candid, and it seems because of this controller, I dont do ANY of the Flippy McFancy on purpose because it is clunky. But i didnt know it COULDNT be clunky. 

But I also dont know what I am missing so...

I'm behind ya...

Sprint on PS4 is toggeable, and you can turn on toggle to crouch.

And the fact Slide and crouch are tied to L1 makes doing flips much more easy.

the first two, i already said that.

You're missing the point, You have a second delay in starting a slide, A latency sort of speak. 

You don't realize it doesn't have to be like this because you have never had it the other way, you have a delay because you have to one hold the l1 button to intiate the pass from rolling to crouching so no matter what... you don't do it immediately when you have to wait for the time to pass holding down the button.

Take it from the guy who plays PC with a controller and PS4 I have experienced both platforms and played over 1000 hours.

I have friends who have been playing on ps4 since release who have i explained it to and physically showed are behind me on this.

I want ps4 players to feel the nice tactile fast responding flip kicking sliding and sprinting.

It's not like i picked up the ps4 controller and didn't try to get used to it play with a bunch of different bindings. It all comes down to... NO MATTER WHAT you have a delayed input, so you can't start an air kick immediately coming from a jump, the reason i say this is important is because you can literally direct yourself towards walls with precise timing to wall run in places you never really thought you could.

the first two, i already said that.

You're missing the point, You have a second delay in starting a slide, A latency sort of speak. 

You don't realize it doesn't have to be like this because you have never had it the other way, you have a delay because you have to one hold the l1 button to intiate the pass from rolling to crouching so no matter what... you don't do it immediately when you have to wait for the time to pass holding down the button.

Take it from the guy who plays PC with a controller and PS4 I have experienced both platforms and played over 1000 hours.

I have friends who have been playing on ps4 since release who have i explained it to and physically showed are behind me on this.

I want ps4 players to feel the nice tactile fast responding flip kicking sliding and sprinting.

It's not like i picked up the ps4 controller and didn't try to get used to it play with a bunch of different bindings. It all comes down to... NO MATTER WHAT you have a delayed input, so you can't start an air kick immediately coming from a jump, the reason i say this is important is because you can literally direct yourself towards walls with precise timing to wall run in places you never really thought you could.

I did, I played on PC and play sometimes, I don't like the fact that you need to hold too much buttons just to do what I can do on PS4 with 2 buttons, the fact that crouch and slide are tied to each other makes sliding and flipping easy (L1 and X, that's it) I never roll by accident, you get used to it after playing for sometime, not really a problem for me and many other players.

I did, I played on PC and play sometimes, I don't like the fact that you need to hold too much buttons just to do what I can do on PS4 with 2 buttons, the fact that crouch and slide are tied to each other makes sliding and flipping easy (L1 and X, that's it) I never roll by accident, you get used to it after playing for sometime, not really a problem for me and many other players.

i don't hold down any buttons, i use 3 buttons with instant inputs. you have to hold down the button wait for the game to register that you are indeed holding down the button to slide, if you want to argue go ahead, you're missing the point of the thread, It is a faster and more responsive input for controllers that IS NOT an option on ps4 and should be. While it's nice that you like the way they set it up. I like not having one finger tied down holding a button in order to do something that should be instant, For instance; i notice an ancient healer is about to knock me over and barely have any time at all to react because he is attacking me from behind, I have one second to react so i press X, toggle run and slide at almost exactly the same time and kick it over. While you have with how input works with Ps4's mandatory binding.

:press x, toggle sprint, press r1 or whatever you use to slide, Wait for the second to pass of holding down the button to switch to slide input and then kick, which you would not be able to get off in time and get knocked over.

Yes this delay matters once again because warframe can be quite a moment to moment game, This is a matter of reaction time and skill. Which is ruined by a forced input. There are so many uses for instantaneous air kicks that you don't even know about because you literally cannot do because forced inputs have different uses in different states of animations. And don't allow you to cancel animations fast enough before you hit the ground.

I wall run around jumping and using air kick this mechanic to direct me in the right course of things when i am a bit off. With ps4s controlls not allowing that to happen the moment you press it, i just hit the ground. and get stunned.

Jesus do i have to make this anymore clear?

Edited by Satinpuppies

I've been playing across multiple accounts on ps4, i most certainly am used to the controls and the in and outs, this is not something that you just "get used to" or "Learn" it's something that you cannot do on ps4. You can't rebind roll to go somewhere else. It is a mandatory wait for a slide.

I believe ps4 should have just as much as customization as far as controls go.

holding the sprint button down

Sprint is a toggle. You don't need to hold it.

toggle crouch

This is already in the game as well.

If you're sprinting, there is no delay between the sprint and slide. You simply cannot go from a sprint to a crouch without either stopping or sliding. I've never found a situation where I don't want to slide for the very short amount of time that the button must be held, or a situation where I was being held back by the control setup (at least in regards to slides).

I think it's just not what you're used to and that you're having trouble going between the two.

Edited by (PS4)ElZilcho

Sprint is a toggle. You don't need to hold it.

This is already in the game as well.

If you're sprinting, there is no delay between the sprint and slide. You simply cannot go from a sprint to a crouch without either stopping or sliding. I've never found a situation where I don't want to slide for the very short amount of time that the button must be held, or a situation where I was being held back by the control setup (at least in regards to slides).

I think it's just not what you're used to and that you're having trouble going between the two.

toggle crouch.... I SAID THAT LIKE 7 TIMES i said that ps4 has it. Please read what i say.

Look if you can't understand the use of being able to map buttons other than having a muti use button. after all of this rigorous explaining, without even knowing how it could be. I don't know what to tell you.

This isn't once again about what you are comfortable with, it is about the inability to not have a multi use button on.

For instance did you know that PC players can wallrun up a wall by airkicking against the wall while your running up it because of this? There are so many uses in the game for it not to be a multi use, i'm done trying to explain this. Because as i expected. People want to talk it down because they feel fine with the way it is because they have been playing and don't know that you can do any of these things.

toggle crouch.... I SAID THAT LIKE 7 TIMES i said that ps4 has it. Please read what i say.

Look if you can't understand the use of being able to map buttons other than having a muti use button. after all of this rigorous explaining, without even knowing how it could be. I don't know what to tell you.

This isn't once again about what you are comfortable with, it is about the inability to not have a multi use button on.

For instance did you know that PC players can wallrun up a wall by airkicking against the wall while your running up it because of this? There are so many uses in the game for it not to be a multi use, i'm done trying to explain this. Because as i expected. People want to talk it down because they feel fine with the way it is because they have been playing and don't know that you can do any of these things.

I've just tried and was able to sucessfully to airkick against wall while running up without any delay at all, you see what you don't seem to accept is that any manouver you can do with PC I can replicate on PS4.

I've just tried and was able to sucessfully to airkick against wall while running up without any delay at all, you see what you don't seem to accept is that any manouver you can do with PC I can replicate on PS4.

The point wasn't asking if you could do it. there is a delay and you just can't see it because you haven't played with the bindings differently simple as that.

The point wasn't asking if you could do it. there is a delay and you just can't see it because you haven't played with the bindings differently simple as that.

And you are overreacting about it, the delay is almost minimal to care because L and R buttons on the PS4 are designed to be holded and pressed by Sony, I'm sure they minized the delay of the transition to hold and press of the buttons to ensure smooth gameplay.

ive played both pc and ps4 and i agree that the ps4 version should have more customization options and snappier controls. i can do sudden and consecutive slide attacks much much more easily on the pc version using controller.

i posted a similar topic about this a few times , but sadly it didnt get the attention it deserves.

Edited by AlphaPsyCongaroo