Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Pistols On Ash

Ddublu

Question

Probably been done before, but eh. I've currently been running AFuris so that my Ash setup has some means of auto-fire in it. However I've been debating over switching to maybe AkBolto's instead. ANy thoughts?

16 answers to this question

my ash is due tomorrow. so i have a question. would kraken be a good weapon choice? i have lex on my main excal, but it's ~20 already, and i want to keep gaining masteries. i tried sicarus, but sold it instantly after getting it to 30, seemed pretty weak. (keeping in mind, that i will not overcharge the weapon with a potato)

Buy the Lex or Bolto. I'd prefer the Lex because it's like a mini sniper. The fire rate is super slow but if you put time into it, it'll be rewarding. Trust me!

This, Akbolto are Really expensive and luxury weapon (over 110k Credits and a tons of Alloy, over 48++hrs to build) but really worth it, pretty much akbolto and lex are in the god tier of pistols right now.

Edited by Dasmir

Since I use Paris and soon Dual Zoren, I'm looking for a mid-range weapon that can attack decently fast enough. So that'd probably rule Lex out. Since I have nothing else to spend my credits on I suppose I should go for AkBolto then? They seemed like interesting weapons.

Viper's a lot of fun, but incredibly inefficient. Amusing to just point + shoot and watch everything explode... +RoF+120%Multishot+all the ele dmg is just an insane amount of numbers showing.

But you basically use a whole clip (14 bullets) per kill just cause you cant let go of the trigger fast enough.

But Lex for sniping headshots, Akbolto for everything else. Viper can work great with an efficient longgun tho, and is much cheaper than Akbolto.

Edited by Darzk

Viper all the way if you can get it. Use a max ammo mod and you're golden. The damage at short range is insane (works for medium too, but preferably with zoom). I can kill 5 corpus or 3 grineers with 1 clip (high level planets). Max elemental damage, multishot, armor piercing, and you're set.

I don't like bolto / akbolto for sidearm. It has huge problems with accuracy at medium-long range (non-moving targets), and even more problems with moving targets in close range. You have to lead by a good distance to land a shot due to travel time and recoil.

I don't like bolto / akbolto for sidearm. It has huge problems with accuracy at medium-long range (non-moving targets), and even more problems with moving targets in close range. You have to lead by a good distance to land a shot due to travel time and recoil.

Heh, this is why I *like* the bolto weapons. The added challenge isnt that bad, and really entertaining. Bodies sometimes go flying backwards (like the paris charged shots) and can hit enemies behind your target, adding to its value in a chokepoint.

Of note, Akbolto will tear through Ancients faster than everything else. So if your health is low (Toxic) or you wanna hold onto your energy (Disruptor), you may want to back off and take out some of the ancients at range, and the Akbolto is far better than the Viper at this.

Finally, if you want Mastery levels, you can make the bolto #1, level it to 25-30, make bolto 2, level it to 25-30, then make the akbolto. You'll get a good feel for the way the bolts move and can stop crafting the second bolto if you dont like it, and once you make the akbolto you've had a chance to gain a TON of mastery at no extra cost to you (other than time).

Heh, this is why I *like* the bolto weapons. The added challenge isnt that bad, and really entertaining. Bodies sometimes go flying backwards (like the paris charged shots) and can hit enemies behind your target, adding to its value in a chokepoint.

Of note, Akbolto will tear through Ancients faster than everything else. So if your health is low (Toxic) or you wanna hold onto your energy (Disruptor), you may want to back off and take out some of the ancients at range, and the Akbolto is far better than the Viper at this.

Finally, if you want Mastery levels, you can make the bolto #1, level it to 25-30, make bolto 2, level it to 25-30, then make the akbolto. You'll get a good feel for the way the bolts move and can stop crafting the second bolto if you dont like it, and once you make the akbolto you've had a chance to gain a TON of mastery at no extra cost to you (other than time).

I can show you what my moded Viper does to ancients dmg wise :) Since am using Paris for long range, I already have a bolt type weapon, for sidearm I want something very accurate in CQC and deadly. With 1 clip I can kill 3-5 corpus on pluto (depending how spread they are) for example. Lvl 40 Jackal (got him as assassination target on an alert earlier today) 1 clip - leg down from medium range - so accuracy is not bad either. Fast reloading speed and very reliable sidearm for CQC - again IMHO.