Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Mods, Build Diversification]

Xalev

As we are all likely aware, The viability of the mod system has become a point of contention. I am not going to speak on my views directly regarding this, but I will offer what i think to be a viable middle ground between complete destruction of a pre existing system, and no change at all. 

Instead of giving a frame the Ten mod slots it presently has, I would like to present the following. Break the warframe into Pieces: The chassis, The systems, and the Helm. [ possibly just into chassis/systems. I am uncertain which set up is more beneficial. ]

Each part would accept a specific list of mods, THe chassis would end up accepting most of the typical defensive mods, along with melee and physical mods. 

The Systems would handle Energy based mods, along with a number of the utility mods we presently see floating around [ intruder and master thief come to mind as examples ]

The helm would solely deal with the warframe's powers, unless someone can come up with what else would go up there logically.  [ due to the dearth of possibilities for this location, it is possible that the systems will take over warframe powers as well. ]

The reasoning for this is fairly simple. Given a seemingly endless supply of formas, a number of players will ultimately find that they have an issue of too few mod slots. this system seeks to alleviate this by presenting a multitude of slots, and building in a stamina pool would not end up destroying one's offensive capabilities. 

This doesn't come without issues however. The number of mod points to split among each section is up for contention, there is no reason to give each portion a full 30, but too few and the concept is nigh useless. Additionally, given that the number of mod slots increases, we will see a number of frames utilizing a number of new builds, likely capitalizing on max Vitality+redirection+vigor+what_have_you simply for the sake of maximizing whatever aspect of the day. It is a fairly well known issue that most veteran players are leaps and bounds above the most powerful content in capabilities. 

Critique welcome and encouraged. 

I like it. With some tweaks and fine tuning, could be a viable system. A lot of planning should go into an idea like this though, like exactly how much mod capacity each section would have, how auras would be handled, potatos, etc. 

I would probably state that Auras be location dependant, and and their mod-energy affect be localized. For the sake of this, im going to assume two locations, systems and chassis. [ IE: the systems and the chassis both have an aura, though things like scavenger and radar might be pushed to chassis to try and encourage more usage. ]

I'm going to quickly compile how my frames are set up, and get a rough feeling for what is the "minimum"  required number of slots. Stats and numbers to come. 

I also like it, I will however I want DE finish the upcoming focus system, and generic skill mods before I call for frame mods 3.0 or more (to my knowledge there was only 1 other beta iteration of the progression system).That being said I also think there are way too many things to choose from with only a few core things being useful, limiting choice. I also think it is in part to enemy types and AI(which they are starting to work on). 

I think a multi-part system would be a good way to change the game up a little, since most "Veteran" players have been playing for 6+ months and the only thing that has not really changed has been the mod system. Not that the mod system is broken, it just feels a little bland and lacking now.

Just putting it out there that mods that work differently on every frame or different frame parts would be cool. I would also like to see evolving mods that change per rank (a reason to keep some mods at rank 1); or change effects during mission(Stack mods,scaling stat mods, stat and visual mods.).

Ash: Level 30, Potatoed, Blade storm focused, not min/maxed

"Chassis" mods: Vitality

"System" mods: Shuriken, smoke screen, Blade Storm, Blind rage, Fleeting expertise, Streamline, Intensify, Flow

1 Chassis mod, 8 system mods.

Banshee: Level 30, Potatoed, Pre-buff build

"Chassis" mods: Redirection, Fortitude

"System" mods: Sonic Boom, Sound Quake, Sonar, Flow, Stretch, Continuity, Intensify, Streamline

2 Chassis mods, 8 System mods.

Frost Prime: Level 30, Potatoed, Rage caster

"Chassis" mods: Vitality, Steelfiber, Rage, Constitution

"System" mods: Flow, Streamline, Intensify, snowglobe, Ice wave, Avalanche

4 Chassis mods, 6 System mods

Loki: Level 30, "WTF how do loki"

"Chassis" mods: Vitality, Rage, 

"System" mods: Continuity, Streamline, Decoy, Invisibility, Radial disarm

2 Chassis mods, 5 System mods

Mag, level 30, potatoed, "Unlikely tank"

"Chassis" mods:Redirection, Fast Deflection, Fortitude

"System" mods: Pull, stretch, Flow, Shield polarize, Intensify, Streamline, Crush

3 Chassis mods, 7 system mods

Nova, level 30, "Only the 4 key exists"

"Chassis" mods: Vitality, Natural talent

"System" mods: Molecular prime, Intensify, Continuity, Streamline

2 chassis mods, 4 system mods

Nyx, Level 30, Potatoed, "Chaos is still viable but bubbles are cool"

"Chassis" mods: Redirection, Constitution

"System" mods: Mind control, Chaos, Absorb, Flow, stretch, Continuity, Over extend, Fleeting expertise

2 Chassis mods, 8 System mods

Rhino, level 30, Potatoed, "I forgot i had this"

"Chassis" mods: Rush, Redirection 

"System" mods: Flow, stretch, ironskin, Roar, continuity, streamline, intensify, Stomp

2 Chassis mods, 8 system mods

Valkyr: Level 30, potatoed, Something of a melee build

"Chassis" mods: Steel Fiber, Vitality, Sure footed, Rage [?]

"System" mods: Ripline, Warcry, Hysteria, Streamline, Intensify Flow

4 Chassis mods, 6 System mods. 

Vauban: level 30, "I guess i was farming with this lately?"

"Chassis" mods: Redirection

"System" mods: Tesla, intensify, Vortex, bastille, streamline, thief's wit (dont judge me)
1 Chassis mod, 6 System mods. 

Synopsis: Most warframes, presently, focus solely on their offensive capabilities, any less than 6 system mods slots would result in Horrendous rage from most of the community as their favorite builds become impossible, or solely focused on a single skill, with anything else an afterthought. 

With that being said, it may be required to revisit the allocations of what mod goes where, I could now foresee a system as prescribed earlier, utilizing the helmet to hold the warframe's actual abilities. By any account, Seqan is correct. This concept requires further insight before a final model is Proposed. 

First of all, you get a medal for spelling my name right on the first try. =P

Second...you need more corrupted mods in your WF builds.

Other than that, I like your little thing there. Maybe we should see if we can get a DE input into this idea. I'd love to throw my myriad of ideas into the melting pot on this, but I also am too ADHD to sit here and focus when I don't have any idea whether or not it'll actually be worth my time. lol HEY SQUIRREL!!!

First of all, you get a medal for spelling my name right on the first try. =P

Second...you need more corrupted mods in your WF builds.

Other than that, I like your little thing there. Maybe we should see if we can get a DE input into this idea. I'd love to throw my myriad of ideas into the melting pot on this, but I also am too ADHD to sit here and focus when I don't have any idea whether or not it'll actually be worth my time. lol HEY SQUIRREL!!!

The credit isn't all mine, the forums do help. 

Doubtlessly, but that only proves to exacerbate the existing point. Corrupt mods would, more likely than not, be system mods, and as such would only keep the shift in the present direction. 

Would you guys think that we need to work with a consistent number of mod slots between each location, or should it vary somewhat to keep the total number of mod slots from inflating ridiculously?  as things presently stand, I see needing at least 6 system slots. This is due, in part, to the fact that i presently consider warframe powers to be system mods. 

• 1 month later...

I am going to go ahead and bump this slightly, due to having just seem a thread asking for additional mod slots. WHile i acknowledge this does not [ yet] have a method for dealing with weapons, i would like to be so bold as to state that it could help deal with the existing issues. as always, feedback is appreciated.