Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Game Is Way Too Easy

touchmyoldsnake

You're obviously too good at this game, perhaps you should invest your time in a more difficult activity to get the satisfaction you desire.

When I want to be seriously challenged I play a pvp game with rated matchmaking that forces you to play against people of your same skill level, not a coop game.

Post of the day.

Why hardcore basement dwelling types wanna play coop games I'll never know.

As for me, I get off work, have a few beers, and wanna kill me some Grinner with friends. This game is perfect for that.

The issue with the 'too easy' (and the counter 'too hard') complaints is that everyone is different. Not everyone can run through a mission blindfolded with one arm tied behind their back, but on the same token, not everyone is so bad they use all their revives on one mission (I consider myself an 'average' player and a very cautious/conservative one that can take 30mins to an hour on a single mission (depending on the mission), for example). The trouble, is striking a balance between the two extremes: some kind of difficulty slider/mode I think would help here.

if the games to easy nerf yourself back to level 1 and then play pluto. the mobs will take longer to die meaning you take more damage etc etc etc. when your fully modded your suppose to feel powerful and almost be a god in game. you are a space ninja after all. try an ember or loki with no mods or spells. just use gun and your basic melee with no mods. the game will become a lot more dificult. youll be looking for cover and any health globes etc from anywhere you can get them.

if this is to hard for you just take out redirection and play on ice scenerios. youll go through revives quick enough and stop you whining.

The issue with the 'too easy' (and the counter 'too hard') complaints is that everyone is different. Not everyone can run through a mission blindfolded with one arm tied behind their back, but on the same token, not everyone is so bad they use all their revives on one mission (I consider myself an 'average' player and a very cautious/conservative one that can take 30mins to an hour on a single mission (depending on the mission), for example). The trouble, is striking a balance between the two extremes: some kind of difficulty slider/mode I think would help here.

Theres already a difficulty slider.

Unfortunately, it requires it one to think.

Simply remove mods or use lower rank ones, and voila, the game is more difficult.

Honestly, they should include a "SUPER MEGA HARDCORE MODE!!!" button, that gives you a little skull by your name if you play all missions in this mode. The skull would let them prove how super mega hardcore they are. All the mode would do is not let you equip health, shield and armor mods.

Post of the day.

As for me, I get off work, have a few beers, and wanna kill me some Grinner with friends. This game is perfect for that.

Yeah man anyone who finds enjoyment in things differently than you deserves to be berated, good call. Thanks for the official definition on fun, webster

Also, nerf Rhino.

Rhino needs to be nerfed because he just runs in with his invincibility, and as long as there's energy around he can continue to do this. Stacking energy siphon makes this extremely easy. This makes it so he aggros all of everything to come after the rest of the team making them useless. This is a co-op game so that in it's self is OP and a good way to ruin the games purpose of working with your team. I mean if you want to be a player that just tries to tank the whole map while being an A****** and getting your team killed go play COD and spam your way to victory.

It's official: around 40-50% of this community is trash. Too many noobs in here with no idea of how to balance a game spouting off uninformed opinions based on nothing but the fact that they are bad at Warframe.

Here's a list of popular PUB games that were build around HARDCORE gamers:

- Starcraft (all versions)

- Counterstrike (all versions)

- DotA

- Warcraft (all versions)

- League of Legends

- World of Warcraft

- Team Fortress (all versions)

- Quake (all versions)

- Unreal Tournament (nearly all versions)

And this is just the short list! Each one of the games mention above had/have widely popular "casual" gamer scenes, and yet all of them were built for top level hardcore competitive play. Hell, even World of Warcraft wasn't very hard, but still had enough challenge that players could die if they weren't using teamwork.

I don't even need teamwork in warframe, right now it's a race to see who can kill first. I don't even use my abilities right now except to kill the enemies faster than my teammates so I can have the most kills at the end.

About as much fun as whack-a-mole.

I hope that Digital Extreme will not sacrifice their financial interests by catering to the noobs who keep demanding to make this game a brain dead experience.

Simply remove mods or use lower rank ones, and voila, the game is more difficult.

Honestly, they should include a "SUPER MEGA HARDCORE MODE!!!" button, that gives you a little skull by your name if you play all missions in this mode. The skull would let them prove how super mega hardcore they are. All the mode would do is not let you equip health, shield and armor mods.

Or, instead of keeping this game in the current trash state, we can instead fix things so I don't have to run levels with zero damage mods which takes me 3 hours to beat because my Latron runs out of ammo after spamming Grineer in the head while the Grineer themselves are too weak to do anything back to me.

Here's how to make a fun game:

- Levels take 20-30 min, except bosses or special missions

- Enemies are effective and deadly, and have excellent AI (grineer AI is very good by the way... keep making the other guys just as deadly!)

- Players are ALSO effective and deadly, but require SKILL to use properly! Not some spam your energy abilities while standing in place absorbing 200 points of damage from enemies who can't hurt you.

Also, nerf Rhino.

It's official: around 40-50% of this community is trash. Too many noobs in here with no idea of how to balance a game spouting off uninformed opinions based on nothing but the fact that they are bad at Warframe.

So because they're not playing at your skill level you condescend towards them for no reason.

Here's a list of popular PUB games that were build around HARDCORE gamers:

Oh this is going to be good. Really good.

- Starcraft (all versions)

- Counterstrike (all versions)

- DotA

- Warcraft (all versions)

- League of Legends

- World of Warcraft

- Team Fortress (all versions)

- Quake (all versions)

- Unreal Tournament (nearly all versions)

Starcraft? You mean the game with a competitive multiplayer scene that is famously grueling and unfriendly to new players, Warcraft has the same problems as Starcraft-most of the people playing it never touch multiplayer. This is typical for most games, FYI. Most of the fans of Starcraft/Warcraft/etc are never going to touch the 'multiplayer' option. They aren't in it because it's Super Hardcore Challenge. They're in it for the story.

Starcraft's competitive multiplayer scene is stagnant because of this unfriendliness: http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/11m21k/starcraft_2_will_be_dead_before_legacy_of_the/

http://kotaku.com/5954973/as-fans-say-starcraft-is-dying-blizzard-plans-some-big-changes

http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2012/11/14/where-starcraft-2-went-wrong/

But okay, let's talk Starcraft 1. It had a competitive multiplayer scene which grew big because the game was extremely accessible and not all that challenging outside of PvP (the campaign wasn't exactly, you know. Hard.) and because of how the Korean audience was huge due to the game being popular in internet cafes. It wasn't due to its focus on hardcore multiplayer at all. It was because it had a loving development team which was willing to make balance changes and provide constant support. That (a well balanced, accessible game), not 'hardcore focus', is what generally makes games successes.

Counterstrike took off because it was the first 'modern military shooter', and it is only Super Hardcore because of its playerbase. It is overall pretty hilariously unbalanced, and it's only 'difficult' due to PvP.

DotA is similar. It's a PvP game which took off due to exploring a niche nobody else had before. LoL was the first professionally made game to take advantage of that, and it actually reduced cc/stunlocks and other high-skill stuff to make it more newbie friendly.

I have no idea about WoW because I don't play it, but I daresay if your hypothesis was correct, you'd see EVE Online and Ultima Online be the most popular MMOs in all existence due to their extremely hardcore nature, and since that's not very true...

And then you bring up Team Fortress, Unreal, and Quake. Which are interesting because all of them are basically 'pure PvP' and are only Ultra Hardcore games insofar as they have good weapon (and class) balance. And if you played Quake 3/UT on the Novice mode you could enjoy yourself while being utterly awful at FPSes.

And this is just the short list! Each one of the games mention above had/have widely popular "casual" gamer scenes, and yet all of them were built for top level hardcore competitive play. Hell, even World of Warcraft wasn't very hard, but still had enough challenge that players could die if they weren't using teamwork.

You have it the entirely opposite way around. All of these games are targeted to casual audiences and happen to have high-level hardcore competitions because they have plenty of casual players to create that high level skill base. You can play any of these games, and have fun, while being utterly awful at them. Except for DoTA I suppose. A few of these guys get hooked, spend more time, and before you know it, you have another competitive gamer.

The fact that Starcraft 2, which was built from the ground-up to cater to hardcores (at the cost of simple old-fashioned fun) is stagnant and its fans are concerned that means its death (and it was basically the most popular game in the world at that point) kind of shows the opposite. If you can't make a game immediately accessible and fun to casual gamers, your game is either going to depend on a very hardcore audience who will sink tens of thousands of dollars and hours into it (like, say, Train Simulators. The DLC for train simulators can come out to $2000 or more. If you can expect an audience will sink that much money into your games, by all means, cater to the hardcores.

If you can't (you can't), well then.

I hope that Digital Extreme will not sacrifice their financial interests by catering to the noobs who keep demanding to make this game a brain dead experience.

Their financial interests come from those 'noobs'. Unless you're willing to pony up $2000 for the game like it was some kind of Train Simulator, it can't live on a tiny minority of hardcore players. Now, you can make a counterargument that a game can't have longevity unless it has something catering to hardcore players, but that's not your argument. Your argument is "f**k the noobs they're all bad and should stop being bad f**k them for wanting to have fun". Something entirely different, exceedingly elitist, and incredibly condescending.

(Also you're playing 4 player co-op which has been noted to be Ultra Super Easy Mode for a loooong time. The game is significantly more challenging on Solo).

Wow u could solo pluto. By running through.

How about exta, that ceres boss, is it easy enough for u to solo him? :)

Exta is actually easier solo since lek kril is a lot less tanky since he's lower level for solo.

Post of the day.

"hardcore basement dweller" = someone that researches how to play a game, and tests out theories so that they aren't always a wall ornament regardless of how much time spent playing the game.

Where's the incentive to do this? There isn't any, why should I? Just because I want the game harder? Sorry I need a better reason than that. It's like telling a hall of famer that they should try playing their sport without limbs.

If you can't make a game immediately accessible and fun to casual gamers, your game is either going to depend on a very hardcore audience who will sink tens of thousands of dollars and hours into it (like, say, Train Simulators. The DLC for train simulators can come out to $2000 or more. If you can expect an audience will sink that much money into your games, by all means, cater to the hardcores.

If you can't (you can't), well then.

Why does this have to come at the price of alienating the hardcore audience? Why can't they do both? I feel like the topic of making a game harder, or adding a harder area to the game is just offending people here :\

(Also you're playing 4 player co-op which has been noted to be Ultra Super Easy Mode for a loooong time. The game is significantly more challenging on Solo).

Not everyone making the claim that the game is easy is in this boat. Not everyone complaining is using a rhino. Not everyone complaining is using a shotgun. etc etc etc. I mean if you want to tell me that pluto and equivalents are only mid-game, by all means, continue on the route, but if they're supposed to be endgame...then we need something more challenging :\ And challenging is not higher health enemies that deal more damage nor us playing with less damage and health. I've been over this particular topic quite a few times now though :\

Where's the incentive to do this? There isn't any, why should I? Just because I want the game harder? Sorry I need a better reason than that. It's like telling a hall of famer that they should try playing their sport without limbs.

This would be a legitimate argument if you were being paid for playing this game. If Warframe playing was my full time job, by golly I'd use the absolute cheapest tactics to get as much done as possible in as short a period of time as possible to maximize my rewards. However, it's not. It's a game. The 'incentive' is that you (may) have more fun. That's why you're playing. Why do you need the game to reward you for having more fun when having more fun is a reward in and of itself?

Why does this have to come at the price of alienating the hardcore audience? Why can't they do both? I feel like the topic of making a game harder, or adding a harder area to the game is just offending people here :\

It doesn't. But when the 'hardcore audience' is guys like that who insult the majority of the playerbase by calling them 'noobs' and telling them to 'lrn2play' you can see why people start going "you know what? F**k you. We don't need you, we don't want you, and you can just go play Nethack as a Tourist."

Not everyone making the claim that the game is easy is in this boat. Not everyone complaining is using a rhino. Not everyone complaining is using a shotgun. etc etc etc. I mean if you want to tell me that pluto and equivalents are only mid-game, by all means, continue on the route, but if they're supposed to be endgame...then we need something more challenging :\ And challenging is not higher health enemies that deal more damage nor us playing with less damage and health. I've been over this particular topic quite a few times now though :\

Well what do you think is 'challenge' in this case? I mean people keep saying 'more challenge' but 90% of the time it boils down to 'inadvertently or not-so-inadvertently turn Warframe into a cover shooter'. If you have an idea that doesn't I'm all for it.

Just a friendly warning: Dont take MJ12 way too serious.

He is the guy who wrote (i quote):

Well, if you play the game as it's meant to be played (i.e. not taking cover [...])

His arguments are fallacious at best and borderline trolling at worst, such as the idiotical idea that if you want your game more difficult then you should remove your mods. Why not try playing with your feet instead? That too should be a decent handicap to make you think that the game is actually har... oh wait its not... its just that you handicapped yourself... damn.

Edited by Aerensiniac

This would be a legitimate argument if you were being paid for playing this game. If Warframe playing was my full time job, by golly I'd use the absolute cheapest tactics to get as much done as possible in as short a period of time as possible to maximize my rewards. However, it's not. It's a game. The 'incentive' is that you (may) have more fun. That's why you're playing. Why do you need the game to reward you for having more fun when having more fun is a reward in and of itself?

Should I change the argument to AA instead of Hall of Famer? They don't get paid, but are just on the cusp of going pro.

Well what do you think is 'challenge' in this case? I mean people keep saying 'more challenge' but 90% of the time it boils down to 'inadvertently or not-so-inadvertently turn Warframe into a cover shooter'. If you have an idea that doesn't I'm all for it.

Ugh a lot. But mostly it's mechanic wise. I've listed several in the past, but I'll give some quick run-downs...

Multi-level security hacks, especially on Spy missions.

Stamina draining enemies.

Enemies with puncture.

Shutting down reactor, disables gravity.

Enemies that can follow you while wall-running themselves. NOTE: Don't think of a grineer doing it, think of like say a roller that can run along the wall and knock you off.

Commanders always teleporting you into the middle of a crossfire.

Multi-stage boss fights. Some not even starting at the end, but near the beginning.

Last ditch effort, enemies start causing things to happen to the ship/base, such as blowing out the windows intentionally after you have secured the hostage.

Have some like mini-boss near every type of objective that can call for reinforcements. Example: Mining Machinery mini boss that can call for additional troops to keep pouring in to defend it.

Buff turrets in general(their survival at the very least, i'm not sure how much damage they actually do in comparison to normal troops) and cause them to never deactivate once the ship has been alerted.

Now if all this is on its own planet, that planet should probably have a boss on just about every node. And a complicated boss, not these bosses we have now that are just kind of bullet sponges. I mean imagine if Hek had 20-40% of the health he had now, but summoned illusions(that actually look like him /swt) of himself every 30 seconds or after losing 20% of his health and then they would all teleport somewhere random in the room. Every 33% of his health that goes missing, he calls in for reinforcements and enters a temporary invisibility, when he re-appears he deals 25% more damage and his fire rate is doubled. Upon reaching 15% health he will enter his "final phase" where he will disappear for 10 seconds and start laying land mines all over the stage, and then re-appears by firing from a specially modded version of his shotgun that releases a wide spread of grenades aimed towards players from fairly far away. This may not be a difficult series of mechanics, but at the very least it changes up the spice, and he's not a very late boss either so...yea. You know, something different from "there's the boss, shoot it until it dies, bring ammo increasers/fire rate to down his shields".

Well, if you play the game as it's meant to be played (i.e. not taking cover [...])

Oh yea...that's right...

Edited by Ghobe

It doesn't. But when the 'hardcore audience' is guys like that who insult the majority of the playerbase by calling them 'noobs' and telling them to 'lrn2play' you can see why people start going "you know what? F**k you. We don't need you, we don't want you, and you can just go play Nethack as a Tourist."

There is no "hardcore audience" here Mj and nobody is calling you a noob.

On the other hand, there are people exactly like yourself, who think that the game is "meant to be played" by "not taking cover".

You handicap yourself on purpose and then claim that the game is difficult.

Its not and this is a fallacious argument at best.

Following your logic people could throw away their mods and then come onto the forum to complain that the game is too hard.

Sorry mate. Players are making use of mods just as it was intended by the developers, the same way cover exist in the game and not just straight down endless corridors looking all the same.

It was put there on purpose for players to make use of it.

All you are doing is refusing to do so and claim that the game difficulty is okay, which is not an argument and not even a "l2play" issue. Hell you are not even a noob cause noobs are merely beginners or people incapable of learning/understanding game concepts. You are fully aware however and deliberately handicapping yourself.

Conclusively what you are doing can be called a lot of things, (amongst the many trolling, inciting a flamewar, derailing the topic, spewing fallacious crap) but most certainly not "noob" or "l2play".

I will go and solo a high end planet without mods for you, record it and then going to create a new thread this time around with an actual proof that the game is not challenging.

Meanwhile I don't come into threads to threadcrap and troll others. But maybe you do? And of course you're quoting one single sentence and not understanding what it actually means. It doesn't mean "cripple yourself", it means "the lack of disincentives to take cover and lack of effective evasion moves are kind of bad". But of course you have to interpret it as "NO CRIPPLE YOURSELF".

Do I really need to explain that the reason I said that is because right-hand-advantage breaks every shooter on its knee? Apparently it's not possible for you to comprehend that if you cheese cover + right-hand-advantage in a game designed to minimize your use of cover the game may be easy.

You can cheese Vanquish, one of the hardest third person shooters out, via cover + RHA. Doesn't mean it's "too easy", it just means you can cheese the game. But talking about balance and recognizing that certain playstyles are nigh-impossible to disincentivize (outside of the "this playstyle is boring") and thus not really important to discussion is apparently too difficult for you.

His arguments are fallacious at best and borderline trolling at worst, such as the idiotical idea that if you want your game more difficult then you should remove your mods. Why not try playing with your feet instead? That too should be a decent handicap to make you think that the game is actually har... oh wait its not... its just that you handicapped yourself... damn.

"The game isn't fun because it's too easy!"

"You can make it harder you know."

"THAT'S CRIPPLING MYSELF I WON'T HAVE FUN!"

"But you just said the reason you're not having fun is because you're too powerful and things are too easy. Wouldn't changing that make the game more fun?"

"Let me make a strawman about how that's like playing the game with my feet"

And you have the gall of accusing me of making fallacious arguments when all you have are textbook ad hominems and strawmen. The hypocrisy is staggering.

From my experience the main issue with the difficulty is the AI not being agressive, around the level 25 they really need to start chasing you down more frequently rather then just standing out in the open waiting for you, the infected do chase heavily but they are already designed in a kiteble and AOE killble fashion

I think that enemy damage should be upped but much of their accuracy nerfed for moving targets to encourage the Ninja style of wall running and constant momentum form of gameplay. Warframe is highly exploitable when played in cover due to thick shields and fast recharge so if the player just pokes his head round the corner slowly, he will get hit hard also the aggressive would slowly flank his position killing him.

Yea I asked this on there last Q&A stream (CanadianxPC) and they simply laughed. "More rollers?" They simply said. So now I kind feel done with this game that I invested a little to much money  in I have to admit. I can simply solo all content excluding a few defense missions to about 25.

Do whats left for me in this game "farming" they stated. Farming for? The game is already too easy as it is I would think I would be gearing up for some kind of hardmode or something? Only real challange is getting past wave 35 on defense which is kind of boring.

But beta is beta I guess but the dev's plan for end game are very unclear and this really bugs me and I see myself playing less and less every week. Only really log on for the alerts with "?". But I kind of got everything other then waiting for photato BPs im 60 hours in and feel im done. Whats next i'm not intrested in "clan aka ZERG challanges" (clan with the most members win) which is what the devs described.

Edited by Canadian_Guy

Yea I asked this on there last Q&A stream (CanadianxPC) and they simply laughed. "More rollers?" They simply said. So now I kind feel done with this game that I invested a little to much money  in I have to admit. I can simply solo all content excluding a few defense missions to about 25.

Do whats left for me in this game "farming" they stated. Farming for? The game is already too easy as it is I would think I would be gearing up for some kind of hardmode or something? Only real challange is getting past wave 35 on defense which is kind of boring.

^This

Pretty much this...

Edited by Aerensiniac

But beta is beta I guess but the dev's plan for end game are very unclear and this really bugs me and I see myself playing less and less every week. Only really log on for the alerts with "?". But I kind of got everything other then waiting for photato BPs im 60 hours in and feel im done. Whats next i'm not intrested in "clan aka ZERG challanges" (clan with the most members win) which is what the devs described.

I have to ask... what else would 'end game' be? I mean really? What would you like to see as end game in a game like this? I know what you're going to say, I think, and that's PVP. But that's just another grind for another objective.What you fail to realize is that when a game settles on 'end game' content that is the first nail in the coffin. Either they need to churn out end game content at that point or find some other gimmick to keep people playing. End game is not the goal; it's playing the game.

The doesn't have to end actually.

Don't want to force it here, but I've written a bit of thoughts on this here - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/26891-thoughts-on-mods-capacity-polarity-slots-motivation-challenges-gamestyles-and-endgame/ (the endgame section at the end of OP)

Basically this and more...

---

Hardcore/Ironman Mode
Adjustable difficulty for missions was already suggested many times at the forum, but I think we have missions with higher difficulty for this purpose and simply changing the strength of the enemies and raising the reward is just not enough in my eyes to defend having a simpel "hard" difficulty there.
Hardcore mode is something a bit different, because it would not only make the enemies more dangerous, but there would be other differences from the normal mode. I would like to call this difficulty "survival", but that could get easily misunderstood.
Not all levels must have the hardcore difficulty available and it should be unlocked only after beating the boss of the sector (or possibl cleaning all missions in the sector).

Features of the hardcore/ironman mode:
- Harder enemies (more damage, shields, etc. but rather make them do more damage than changing them to unkillable ones - remember, more dangerous, not more boring)
- More advanced AI (if possible)
- No revives (no matter how much revives player has available)
- Limited reviving of other tennos - time penalty for subsequent reviving for each warframe (50% for each after the first one); or only one assisted revive per tenno (but limit the revives in some way) - Trinity could get some bonus due to her nature (but that's a basis for different topic)
- Only mod and resource drops from enemies - no health globes, no energy globes, no ammo (players have to check the containers and lockers for these ones or just play in an economic way and use ammo boxes)
- Bigger reward at successfull ending
- No common mods, just uncommon and rare ones
- Possible others I forgot to write down when I have this idea while driving in bus from work...

The classic advice on game design, as far as I'm concerned is, "If you want them to love you, make 'em bleed. Don't kill 'em, but hurt 'em. So they come out bruised, bloody, slightly broken, but still standing. They'll love it."

Playing solo has provided me a challenge. I still remember an alert I attempted to solo where I ran out of rifle mags, and had to use every trick in Loki's arsenal to stay alive, barely making it to extraction. Best experience of the game. Other times, that wonderful moment when a dual-locked door slowly opens to reveal NPC troops huddled behind every bit of cover, opening up and filling the screen with light... knowing that every second you're alive is in part due to the fact that your team-makes are furiously trying to take down part of the seemingly unstoppable hoard in front of you... that sort of thing is what I live for in Warframe. 

We need more situations that make us think "Oh S#&$. This is going to be touch-and-go." We need to be forced to think "here's what my 'frame brings to this fight, and if I don't use it right, my team-mates will die, and I will die, and I will be vexed." We need the threat of failure, and it needs to be real. Not the reality of constant failure, but the imminent threat.

For specifics... 

- Enemies need more tactical variety. Things like the Grineer "you come here" teleport are good, or the Corpus's shield drones, they make you have to prioritize targets, they force plans to change. The enemies need combos like we get, they need things that stand out and scream "growing threat"! When Lotus announces there's heavy enemy resistance ahead, that's a fantastic opportunity to hit us with a higher level group of mobs. Make those warnings MEAN something, and not just be a bit of fluff.

- It'd be truly fantastic (and probably very unlikely in code terms) in games with mutliple 'frames to introduce enemies that target specific types of frames. Enemies that debuff armor and actively SEEK OUT heavily armored players. Enemies that heavily nerf weapon damage temporarily, or absorb elemental damage of certain types. Again, against teams, and intelligently. You wouldn't want a mob that can only be killed by "power" damage against a group of Loki's.

- Scaled difficulty. It's pretty obvious to me (and perhaps I'm wrong), but the game is very difficult solo, and with a full group, generally gets to cakewalk territory quickly. It'd be nice if the game would adapt to new players entering the game, by increasing the number or difficulty of enemies, or even alternate between the two.

- A difficulty slider. I know this has been mentioned before, and I think it's a great idea. ME3's multiplayer had level difficulties, and the feeling of clearing a platinum stage was simply fantastic. With increased difficulty comes increased reward as well. Better drops, more cash, so on and so forth. This is why "remove your great mods" does not work as an increase in difficulty. You worked for those mods, so why should you be punished (IE, enjoy the game less) for using them?

More to think about. Might post this separately later.