Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe] Concept

SinChroniclesHD

Name: Kansen (Japanese for Infected)

Theme: Dark/Infested/Infected

Story: A Warframe can have only so much against the infested. We can guard from their attacks but once the armor is broken the virus seeps through the cracks invading our lungs and bloodstream. This plants several organisms that cause blood lust and other side effects. Once we have captured this trait the parasite begins to expand its control causing new symptoms to develop such as extra limbs and energy orbs that contain extremely high concentrated toxins neutralizing our brain almost immediately. Once this happens the parasite takes refuge in your brain and creates several new nerve systems that we couldn't obtain through normal evolution. Every faction has lost their life to the infested since the parasite evolves at every given day making it logically impossible to create a cure. Every faction has not been able to avoid this outcome until now. Kansen was a dark Warframe previously but thanks to the virus he is now the first of his kind being the only known Tenno to survive the virus with minor deformities. This Warframe was powerful to begin with but now that he can control every nerve pulse in his body allowing him to also control what grows where and when he can destroy targets instantaneously. The true work of Hell.

Fragment Pulse- Kansen shrouds the current weapon in a dark mist buffing all the current stats by 10/15/30 percent for 10s/20s/30s

Infected Blow- Kansen dashes forward ripping open the targets chest and implanting a parasitic bomb that takes over the host and draws it near a crowd of enemy's unleashing a large amount of violent explosions.

Vampiric Barrage- Kansen forces two scythes to erupt from his back (Extremely Gorey) attacking on par with your melee weapon causing extremely fast combos.

Attack speed 1.5x/2x/2.5x/ faster (You have three weapons at once so at most its 3 times faster than using 1 weapon)

Duration 15s/30s/45s

Release- Kansen removes his helmet revealing his eyes and releasing the restrictions on his armor keeping him from entering his blood lust state. Kansen then dashes to a targeted enemy and starts shredding through the armor and feasting on the neck portion to replenish health (Very Gory and takes no damage when feasting). You can also do normal attacks but you can only use your melee. The only drawback of this move is that since your removing the armor your shield naturally goes down to zero relying only on your health. Damage is determined by the amount of kills you have. The more kills the more Damage you do when attacking in this blood lust state.Once this state is over the armor returns to the host to restrict the virus.

Duration 10s/20s/30s

MIN  100-3000  MAX

Helmet

http://sincronicles.deviantart.com/art/Warframe-Concept-Kansen-466392587?ga_submit_new=10%253A1404778610

Body

http://sincronicles.deviantart.com/art/Warframe-Concept-Kansen-Body-466393806?ga_submit_new=10%253A1404778859

Edited by SinChroniclesHD

Release- Kansen removes his helmet revealing his eyes that give him a 360 field view of whats around him at all times and releasing the restrictions on his armor keeping his power from...removing the armor

You do know that Tenno never remove their armor or helmets during battle, right?

Edited by ShiningArmor

You do know that Tenno never remove their armor or helmets during battle, right?

Okay now i see what you mean here but the point of his armor is to keep the virus from taking control but when he removes it the virus takes over for a brief second...1 minute

I like the concept of a half-and-half frame, but the idea has been executed poorly.

First off, the origin story is just silly. I have no idea why people put those. That's just a personal gripe though.

1. This ability is VERY STRONG for a 1. With power strength mods you could be doing double damage though a cheap ability. This should be at least a 3, if you want to keep it.

2. As usual, pure damage abilities aren't terribly useful - this ability is also too expansive for a 2. 

3. This is the only ability I really like. I'd remove the health regen, and make it so the scythes could attack other enemies around you (with perhaps a slightly lower damage than your main melee)

4. Other than the comment above about tenno never removing any part of their armor, this is essentially just bladestorm but you can take damage while you're doing it. 

I'd say keep going; the core concept is good, with some polish it could be really awesome.

Okay now i see what you mean here but the point of his armor is to keep the virus from taking control but when he removes it the virus takes over for a brief second...1 minute

Except if you're actually making a Warframe concept, then he's a Tenno, meaning he NEVER removes his armor during combat. Also what are you going to do with your armor once it's removed? I'm sure it isn't easy to remove that armor or put it back on so you'd have to shatter it either way. What are you going to do, super glue it on you? You don't have time to re-equip your armor in the middle of combat. This is a war not a dress rehearsal.

Except if you're actually making a Warframe concept, then he's a Tenno, meaning he NEVER removes his armor during combat. Also what are you going to do with your armor once it's removed? I'm sure it isn't easy to remove that armor or put it back on so you'd have to shatter it either way. What are you going to do, super glue it on you? You don't have time to re-equip your armor in the middle of combat. This is a war not a dress rehearsal.

...Jeaz you could've been nicer about it.

When and where was it said a Tenno can't remove his/her armor in combat?

When and where was it said a Tenno can't remove his/her armor in combat?

You're a founder so I'm sure you've been playing long enough to notice we never remove our Warframes while fighting? Even then we sleep in our Warframes as shown by Excalibur sleeping in his in the beginning of the game in the Intro. Another thing, if you remember the Excalibur codex entry:

....In our desperation we turned to the Void. The blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed. We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction....

Meaning that we can't even remove them because they were built onto our bodies. Under all that armor is a corruption that was affected by the Void. We are the survivors and our bodies were twisted, while giving us severe body damage, also making us the perfect subjects for being hosts to the Warframes.
Edited by ShiningArmor

You're a founder so I'm sure you've been playing long enough to notice we never remove our Warframes while fighting? Even then we sleep in our Warframes as shown by Excalibur sleeping in his in the beginning of the game in the Intro. Another thing, if you remember the Excalibur codex entry:

....In our desperation we turned to the Void. The blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed. We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction....

Meaning that we can't even remove them because they were built onto our bodies. Under all that armor is a corruption that was affected by the Void. We are the survivors and our bodies were twisted, while giving us severe body damage, also making us the perfect subjects for being hosts to the Warframes.

Ok i gotcha i will try this idea again later but let me polish it a little more so it doesnt have anything for you to hate.

Ok i gotcha i will try this idea again later but let me polish it a little more so it doesnt have anything for you to hate.

I don't hate the idea, honestly I want a frame which completely tears apart his foes piece by gorey piece, but at the same time I want it to actually work with the lore that we've been using the past 13 updates, and the lore before that.

I don't hate the idea, honestly I want a frame which completely tears apart his foes piece by gorey piece, but at the same time I want it to actually work with the lore that we've been using the past 13 updates, and the lore before that.

Ok but is it completely against everything in warframe to have eyes. I just wanna ask in advance because making the first infected warframe would be a pretty big thing.Thats what im goin for at least.

this is a pretty good frame BUT when the frame opens its helmet (I don't care about how this might break the lore by taking off the helmet but it would be interesting to say in the least) your frame seems to have a half and half mode going on normal and infested and if you were to take off said helmet then the face is reveled and we as the community DON'T know what race the tenno are they could be humans or some weird other alien race so thats my only concern but either way cool frame and abilities.

Ok but is it completely against everything in warframe to have eyes. I just wanna ask in advance because making the first infected warframe would be a pretty big thing.Thats what im goin for at least.

You will have to compete with Typhus, who already has over 200 pages of people lavishing him with praise, and has gotten onto a Devstream. I honestly don't like him though. Too overdone and also not with the lore since he also shatters his armor and breaks it.

Is the 4th ability infinitely scaling now? That's a big no-no

What do you mean by infinitely scaling?

Also, each Warframe's power has four upgrade levels. With that, your fourth ability lasts a pretty long time. Valk's Hysteria doesn't even last that long.

this is a pretty good frame BUT when the frame opens its helmet (I don't care about how this might break the lore by taking off the helmet but it would be interesting to say in the least) your frame seems to have a half and half mode going on normal and infested and if you were to take off said helmet then the face is reveled and we as the community DON'T know what race the tenno are they could be humans or some weird other alien race so thats my only concern but either way cool frame and abilities.

The Tenno, while we yes, do not know what they WERE, but we know that what they ARE NOW is some form of creature that was mutated by the void, and is probably unrecognizable as what they once were. My guess is they look like infested or some horrible mutation, or some other form of monstrosity.

What do you mean by infinitely scaling?

The OP says that the damage of the attacks for his 4th ability rises the more kills you have. In survival, defense, or any level with infinitely spawning enemies you'd theoretically be capable of dealing infinite damage. (or 99999999, whatever the highest damage value the game can calculate is)

Infinite damage scaling like this is usually considered bad game design.

The OP says that the damage of the attacks for his 4th ability rises the more kills you have. In survival, defense, or any level with infinitely spawning enemies you'd theoretically be capable of dealing infinite damage. (or 99999999, whatever the highest damage value the game can calculate is)

Infinite damage scaling like this is usually considered bad game design.

I didn't even notice that until now. That's madness! If it were survival or defense with Infested, your damage would be infinity since they spawn in huge mobs!

I didn't even notice that until now. That's madness! If it were survival or defense with Infested, your damage would be infinity since they spawn in huge mobs!

Usually abilities that have scaling damage are given a cap, or increase damage by such a small amount as to not even be noticed. This could be just something OP missed so I wouldn't worry about it too much yet

Why don't I like this idea? Let me count the ways:

-Implication thatTenno can become Infested (DE/DarkSector lore states that Tenno are immune to Technocyte infection)

-the concept of Tenno removing their Warframes (quite a few bits of lore imply that Frames are less like worn armor and more like biological carapaces that may or may not actually be made of Technocytes)

-notion of Tenno revealing their eyes (dude are you serious? It's like a running gag that most factions aren't sure Tenno even have eyes)

-abilities seem designed more for rule-of-cool pushing the M rating to its limits (IMHO I could picture this guy being in a [Prototype] mod more than I could picture him being a Warframe)

-First power being a "all stat" buff just sounds off somehow

-Second power sounds like it would take a long time and be more efficient just to kill everyone with a regular weapon

-Third power seems underwhelming for a third (granted Saryn's is hardly better, but that's not a good thing)

-Fourth power is poorly balanced and sounds like it's copying the Goliaths from Borderlands 2 (dang it, now I can't get the image of this guy throwing down his guns and regurgitating his skull and spine out of my head)

All that said, while this would make a terrible Warframe, with a background rewrite I could totally picture this guy being the protagonist of his own entirely different game, something along the lines of "Devil May Cry meets [Prototype]". Concept has potential, just not as a Warframe.

You don't know the extent of the void's corruption and it doesn't say the warframes are integrated into our bodies.

Wasn't the Dark Sector lore that Hayden fused with the Technocyte virus?

The tenno and hayden are implied to be dormant carriers of technocyte, not subject to horrible mutations but still able to interface with technocyte carapaces.