Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

8-Bit Warframe ~ Lost Sector

AnonCat

sneak peak and your chance to slap my face and tell me what you like & dislike before I delete this super secret link in few hours. :)

This is an official Work in progress for the this game :P

expired.

Edited by Deshiel

sneak peak and your chance to slap my face and tell me what you like & dislike before I delete this super secret link in few hours. :)

This is an official Work in progress for the this game :P

https://soundcloud.com/deshiel/warreimaction/s-juydg

I've listened to this and your other stuff and honestly, I don't think it works well. Not that it's bad, it just doesn't fit. I'd say that the music should be really really retro, I'm talking original NES kind of retro with all the blips and boops. I listen to this and I think that it's the exact same as music in the actual game; it's too modern/technoie.

Now if it were retro, then it would be a lot more memorable and stick out more.

I've listened to this and your other stuff and honestly, I don't think it works well. Not that it's bad, it just doesn't fit. I'd say that the music should be really really retro, I'm talking original NES kind of retro with all the blips and boops. I listen to this and I think that it's the exact same as music in the actual game; it's too modern/technoie.

Now if it were retro, then it would be a lot more memorable and stick out more.

We are on the same boat my man. I needed to read something like this, thanks ;)

After porting android engine to pc you're still doing it in java? I didn't know that android supports java. BTW do you still use openGL now that there is only one development on the android engine?

Pretty much all Android apps are written in Java, and seeing as it runs on all 3 of Windows, Mac and Linux, it makes sense :-)

And the Android version still uses OpenGL, but the desktop version seems to run fine without it

Right, the reason I ask is cause I was thinking of joining the team

We'd love to have you on board :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Feel free to ask us questions here too, we'll either try to answer them directly or on the stream.

We'd like to know what you think, hope for and of any ideas you guys/gals have.

The team is always open too so if you want to be a part of Lost Sector come and join us!

Right now we're about 6-8 people actively working.

Ezard - programming

Benji - programming

Dalos - programmer in training :)

Chubbys - art and animation (spritemaster)

Lactamid - art and environment (maps)

Deshiel - sound

Bousefenux - streaming

Chazzle - drops in doing projects when he can (art)

From what you described it sounds like a huge updated, and I've got your first ( probably) bug report. The Android version won't start :( After clicking the app I get black screen for around ten seconds and then it goes back to app list. I get a pop up "lost sector has stopped". My phone is Samsung galaxy s duos if that helps. Is there anything I can do to provide more info like some log files?

From what you described it sounds like a huge updated, and I've got your first ( probably) bug report. The Android version won't start :( After clicking the app I get black screen for around ten seconds and then it goes back to app list. I get a pop up "lost sector has stopped". My phone is Samsung galaxy s duos if that helps. Is there anything I can do to provide more info like some log files?

Check for another update - I found this bug just after I'd published it so patched it immediately - apparently you were just faster at downloading it xD

Check for another update - I found this bug just after I'd published it so patched it immediately - apparently you were just faster at downloading it xD

Ok, that fixed it. Thank you :]

So now I've got another bug report. But I'll speak about that on the Google plus page to not stop litter this thread too much. BTW if I find some bugs on pc version do you have some equivalent of the Google plus site of Android version to post there?

Oh and anon cat should update the op, specifically the changelog and coming soon parts of it.

Edited by Krak_Nihilus

Ok, that fixed it. Thank you :]

So now I've got another bug report. But I'll speak about that on the Google plus page to not stop litter this thread too much. BTW if I find some bugs on pc version do you have some equivalent of the Google plus site of Android version to post there?

Oh and anon cat should update the op, specifically the changelog and coming soon parts of it.

Now that the Android version is in open beta, I guess that page can be used for feedback for all versions of the game :-)

Anon cat seems to have disappeared, so I'll probably end up making a new post at some point

• 3 weeks later...

Things are a bit slow here at the Lost Sector factory :P but don't worry, we haven't given up on this project.
For you who've watched the devstreams you might remember that we spoke about the first version of the leaves, I just thought I'd share a little progress picture.
Q5TCCaB.png

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...