Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unlocking Inventory Slots

AveonFlyer

(didnt read other post yet so im not sure how much infighting is going on but im sure there is tons of it)

honestly i wouldent have spent moeny on the game if it wasent to but all the slots i needed but at teh same time there should be some way, i think maybe something like if you are lvl 3 and the 2 frames you have are rank 30 you should get another slot, then if you are lvl 4 and all your frames are once again lvl 30 another and so on and so forth, this will require you to max out a frame before you are able to get another, slowing progress down alot but still allowing it

honestly now when i think about it have to think there has to be some way for the devs to make money, because honestly if slots where free i wouldent have became a founder probly :/

I just don't get the stress behind throwing $5 at a developer for making a game you enjoy and are spending a lot of time in. For 5 bucks you can get whatever you need. And if you get another frame in a week /month or two, throw $5 at em again, I do not see why so many people are stressing out about this but would spend $60 on Drake fortune 3 or Bioshock Infinite.

(didnt read other post yet so im not sure how much infighting is going on but im sure there is tons of it)

honestly i wouldent have spent moeny on the game if it wasent to but all the slots i needed but at teh same time there should be some way, i think maybe something like if you are lvl 3 and the 2 frames you have are rank 30 you should get another slot, then if you are lvl 4 and all your frames are once again lvl 30 another and so on and so forth, this will require you to max out a frame before you are able to get another, slowing progress down alot but still allowing it

honestly now when i think about it have to think there has to be some way for the devs to make money, because honestly if slots where free i wouldent have became a founder probly :/

They actually plan on making them obtainable for playing. After that, only the catas/reacts are left.....

In a lot of F2P games with different races/classes and such you have limited character slots. Its the same here. Each warframe is a class.

I've played a lot of F2P games and in a lot of them I have from 2 to 6 slots for classes, and if I want to play another class I either delete a character or buy a new slot with money.

Same thing here.

It doesnt ruin those games, and it doesnt ruin this game.

As for the potatoes? I get plenty from alert missions and I have never bought one in this game and have made all of the weapons and warframes that I use. And I still have extra potatoes that dont have a purpose and are just sitting in my foundry as bps. I thinks that its perfectly reasonable that warframe has you buy slots as most other games have limited slots for your characters as well.

Hmm ok name one of them that is recently very succesfull. LoL? No. Dota 2? No. Blacklight retribution? No. World of Tanks? No, because even if you sell a tanks you keep the progress and can acquire it again quite easily.

Maybe you mean SWTOR? If it wasn't Star Wars that MMO would have failed a long time ago. The only thing keeping it up is it's fans.

Also you may have gotten potatoes from missions before, since you have played since january, but now with barely 2 alerts a day and those being artefacts it can take a really long time to just get one potato. But i already explained this.

I just don't get the stress behind throwing $5 at a developer for making a game you enjoy and are spending a lot of time in. For 5 bucks you can get whatever you need. And if you get another frame in a week /month or two, throw $5 at em again, I do not see why so many people are stressing out about this but would spend $60 on Drake fortune 3 or Bioshock Infinite.

With 5$ i can get 3 warframe slots. so i have 4 warframe slots if i use my starting play, 3 from buying 5$ plat and maybe another one if i don't buy anything else with plat. That still makes just 8 warframe slots without buying potatoes.

Also i don't know how this game will end up, the devs can make it suck after beta ends. If it will not then i will gladly pay 5$, but until i know that the game is good and will remain that way i will not risk any money on it.

110 hours, barely got 5 warframes. Not just a personal opinion, and i don't even have all the weapons. If you put in the time it takes to actualyl craft warframes (3 days) it's even more, but i guess that would be unfair.

Slots are not little things, they are necessary because without them you can't get all the warframes and weapons. And a question, how much did you play and did you ever get a orokin reactor or catalyst from random drops? if you did how much did you play until you got one?

And skins can be added to the game, xp boosts can be aded to the game, this is still beta anything can change. And even if you don't want to admit it the system IS flawed since you can buy power with orokin reactors which you could obtain very hard before, now they are even harder to get!

I have over a hundred hours of play and never got a reactor or catalyst. I mostly do boss runs, as I am pimping mastery. I think the random drops are so rare as to be irrelevant.

I have over a hundred hours of play and never got a reactor or catalyst. I mostly do boss runs, as I am pimping mastery. I think the random drops are so rare as to be irrelevant.

Exactly my point and since potatoes can be bought only with plat the game basically sells power while denying it to the free players.

Edited by Story4

Exactly my point and since potatoes can be bought only with plat the game basically sells power while denying it to the free players.

Since U7, thats simply not true. You have all skills and still can add enough mods to be good even without a potatoe.....

Also, I'd like to point out that the studio behind this is Digital Extremes. This is one of the very finest development houses in the world. They're based in Ontario. That's why the announcer chick has a Canadian accent, eh? Some guy called Digital Extremes as 'small, independent studio'. That may be true, but they are also a very prestigious, very well-proven house with Bioshock 1 and 2 as well as numerous wildly successful titles. I think they like to pretend they're underdogs, but the truth is that they're the 'big dawg that don't bark'.

Since U7, thats simply not true. You have all skills and still can add enough mods to be good even without a potatoe.....

Venarge, I am testifying that the components to make potatoes are vanishingly rare. Are you telling me this stuff dropped for you? If not, don't be casting aspersions on my verity.[edit] or is it veracity?

Edited by Derpo

Also, I'd like to point out that the studio behind this is Digital Extremes. This is one of the very finest development houses in the world. They're based in Ontario. That's why the announcer chick has a Canadian accent, eh? Some guy called Digital Extremes as 'small, independent studio'. That may be true, but they are also a very prestigious, very well-proven house with Bioshock 1 and 2 as well as numerous wildly successful titles. I think they like to pretend they're underdogs, but the truth is that they're the 'big dawg that don't bark'.

A big dog? well if they are so big, why dont they hire more employees? Because they simply cant do that. They are good, thats not the question. But they cant be compared to Riot games / EA or whatever when it comes to money.....

Venarge, I am testifying that the components to make potatoes are vanishingly rare. Are you telling me this stuff dropped for you? If not, don't be casting aspersions on my verity.

You are new here. You have no idea of what was before you played the game. The 4h skills were locked if your frame wasnt charged. So yeah, in the actual game, it is really fair for free players.

Besides that. i have 5 catas and 5 reacts from rewards. And I could forge them any time..... materials are rare sure, but you are talking about a F2P game here. it doesnt have to give you everything for free.....

A big dog? well if they are so big, why dont they hire more employees? Because they simply cant do that. They are good, thats not the question. But they cant be compared to Riot games / EA or whatever when it comes to money.....

What do you know about hiring at Digital Extremes? You're just talking smack, Venarge, and I mean that in the nicest possible way.And actually I do think well of you Venarge, but you are not using anything factual in your discussion. You really know nothing about Digital Extremes. No offense.

Edited by Derpo

Oh yeah. i forgot that they mentioned that if they would have more employees, they could do more stuff in one of the Q&A´s...and that they couldnt go on with the story, since the only person who is working on the story had vacation.

But of course I dont know anything about the whole sitiuation. Sorry mr long time forum user.....

What do you know about hiring at Digital Extremes? You're just talking smack, Venarge, and I mean that in the nicest possible way.And actually I do think well of you Venarge, but you are not using anything factual in your discussion. You really know nothing about Digital Extremes. No offense.

Oh yeah. i forgot that they mentioned that if they would have more employees, they could do more stuff in one of the Q&A´s...and that they couldnt go on with the story, since the only person who is working on the story had vacation.

But of course I dont know anything about the whole sitiuation. Im so sorry mr long time forum user.....

You are new here. You have no idea of what was before you played the game. The 4h skills were locked if your frame wasnt charged. So yeah, in the actual game, it is really fair for free players.

Besides that. i have 5 catas and 5 reacts from rewards. And I could forge them any time..... materials are rare sure, but you are talking about a F2P game here. it doesnt have to give you everything for free.....

You were new when you started, too. HAHA =)Dude, my newness is not a factor here. We are talking about the state of the game NOW. You are new here is an ad hominem logical fallacy =) Yeah, I know, you never heard of it. You're all right with me, bro.

You were new when you started, too. HAHA =)Dude, my newness is not a factor here. We are talking about the state of the game NOW. You are new here is an ad hominem logical fallacy =) Yeah, I know, you never heard of it. You're all right with me, bro.

It seems you just miss the point. Compared to status it was before you played, it was not fair, but now its way better.....

But of course I dont know anything about the whole sitiuation. Sorry mr long time forum user.....

No worries, mate. Nobody's perfect. In your defense, I'd say you're dang good, which is about the best I can honestly say about anyone. Here's a link to Digital Extremes' finances. http://investing.bus...52344383 Suffice to say they aren't going broke any time soon.

Edited by Derpo

He's just pointing out that if you knew what the system was like before its current iteration you wouldn't be complaining. Before you couldnt get your fourth skill and quite a few other things without supercharging.

As it is you can do everything in the game with an uncharged warframe. And grind up whats required to make one without too much effort. Sure its a little bit harder with an uncharged warframe, but at least you have access to all the skills and mod types. I've soloed and been in groups at high level areas without a supercharged warframe and was still able to keep up with other players.

Are potatoes nice to have? Yes.

Are they needed to do pluto/eris? No. They may make it easier but are not needed.

Can an uncharged warframe keep up with a supercharged one? Yes. You just have to be more focused in your mods instead of having a few "nice to have" mods that help but are by no means a requirement.

It seems you just miss the point. Compared to status it was before you played, it was not fair, but now its way better.....

You are making a point that it is better than before...but that is NOT THE POINT. For your reference, here is the OP:

Posted Yesterday, 06:22 AM

I'm appreciative of the 50 platinum we get to play around with, and the best option to spend them on it seems are inventory slots (in my opinion). However I feel like there should be other ways of unlocking more inventory space. Like a certain amount of credits, or as a reward for leveling up. 1 warframe slot per level up and a few weapon slots would be nice. Thoughts?

And my thought is that potato components are so rare that they're irrelevant. I'm allowed to comment, since the OP asked for such comments.

Posting a thousand times does not make you the forum police. You're becoming a nuisance. I still love you, but I'd like you to back off =)

Edited by Derpo

He's just pointing out that if you knew what the system was like before its current iteration you wouldn't be complaining. Before you couldnt get your fourth skill and quite a few other things without supercharging.

As it is you can do everything in the game with an uncharged warframe. And grind up whats required to make one without too much effort. Sure its a little bit harder with an uncharged warframe, but at least you have access to all the skills and mod types. I've soloed and been in groups at high level areas without a supercharged warframe and was still able to keep up with other players.

Are potatoes nice to have? Yes.

Are they needed to do pluto/eris? No. They may make it easier but are not needed.

Can an uncharged warframe keep up with a supercharged one? Yes. You just have to be more focused in your mods instead of having a few "nice to have" mods that help but are by no means a requirement.

I think the hyena without a supercharged frame is a bit more than is reasonable. I can do it, but it's a HUGE hassle.

You are making a point that it is better than before...but that is NOT the point. For your reference, here is the OP:

Posted Yesterday, 06:22 AMI'm appreciative of the 50 platinum we get to play around with, and the best option to spend them on it seems are inventory slots (in my opinion). However I feel like there should be other ways of unlocking more inventory space. Like a certain amount of credits, or as a reward for leveling up. 1 warframe slot per level up and a few weapon slots would be nice. Thoughts?

And my thought is that potato components are so rare that they're irrelevant. I'm allowed to comment, since the OP asked for such comments.

Posting a thousand times does not make you the forum police. You're becoming a nuisance. I still love you, but I'd like you to back off =)

Forum police XD Sorry but I cant stop laughing about this. Its really amusing but now I cant take you serious anymore.... xD

best is we all go our own ways now...

Edited by Venarge

I think the hyena without a supercharged frame is a bit more than is reasonable. I can do it, but it's a HUGE hassle.

I generally dont solo bosses as even with a supercharged frame and weapons taking out the bosses shields and health can be very difficult for some of them, such as hyena, I was more referring to the standard missions. But hyena is very doable with a group, even a group of uncharged warframes.

Forum police XD Sorry but I cant stop laughing about this. Its really amusing but now I cant take you serious anymore.... xD

best is we all go our own ways now...

The last thing I need is for you to 'take me seriously'. You're just a troll. I was talking to the real people, and I was 'dealing with' you. I agree, it's time for us to part ways for now...

I generally dont solo bosses as even with a supercharged frame and weapons taking out the bosses shields and health can be very difficult for some of them, such as hyena, I was more referring to the standard missions. But hyena is very doable with a group, even a group of uncharged warframes.

You're making sense, Tsukinoki.