Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unlocking Inventory Slots

AveonFlyer

Problem isn't really supercharged warframes, i think it's more supercharged weapons. When you can put double damage from mods if you have a supercharged one i wouldn't say that it's exactly balanced...

Edited by Story4

You're making sense, Tsukinoki.

A potatoe is a nice to have thing, but it by no means locks you out of content like the old system and allows you to be just as effective, if not as widely modded, as a supercharged warframe.

So while some people might see it as P2W it's more "Pay for convience"/"Pay for easy" since you can still go through and finish all of the missions with an uncharged frame.

Also while the potatoe alerts are fairly rare, I think they should be. I will not deny that it makes the game easier and a few things more convient because it doubles yoru mod capacity, but I also will stand by my claim that its not needed to "win" and unless you are a good player it wont allow you to go through and win the harder missions. And if you do get good with uncharged frames you can still run the higher end missions and complete them without a potatoe.

Also, how exactly do you "win" at a co-op game?

Anyways, back on topic:

I'm appreciative of the 50 platinum we get to play around with, and the best option to spend them on it seems are inventory slots (in my opinion). However I feel like there should be other ways of unlocking more inventory space. Like a certain amount of credits, or as a reward for leveling up. 1 warframe slot per level up and a few weapon slots would be nice. Thoughts?

The inventory/weapon slots are limited. What other games are doing this? Mabinogi for limited character slots adn that game is doing fairly well. Think of any F2P MMORPG that gives you unlimeted persistant characts.

LOL Allows you to have an unlimited amount of characters unlocked, but excuse/correct me if I am wrong, they are not persistant. In that when you finish a map and start a new one they are back to their base state. Correct?

In Warframe they have server space needed to store characters, the colors you have applied to them, the mods you have applied to them and all of their stats and stuff.

In LOL all they do is store a list of what skins and champions you have unlocked. They dont store each ones individual data for yoru account and link them like that.

That is why in any F2P MMO with persitant characters your slots are limited. You are essentially paying for extra server space to store your stuff.

Edited by Tsukinoki

A big dog? well if they are so big, why dont they hire more employees? Because they simply cant do that. They are good, thats not the question. But they cant be compared to Riot games / EA or whatever when it comes to money.....

EA isnt a developer. Not anymore. They are mostly just a publishing house that spews out the crappiest games ever now. All they do is screw over good developers to make a quick buck then gut em and leave em to die.

EA isnt a developer. Not anymore. They are mostly just a publishing house that spews out the crappiest games ever now. All they do is screw over good developers to make a quick buck then gut em and leave em to die.

Well yeah. Your right about that ^^

Edited by Venarge

Problem isn't really supercharged warframes, i think it's more supercharged weapons. When you can put double damage from mods if you have a supercharged one i wouldn't say that it's exactly balanced...

I believe you on this, but I lack experience with supercharged weapons. I've been leveling weapons to 30 and then selling them to pimp out my mastery. Soon as I get a potato, I'll experiment with a Hek or Gorgon. Then I'll hopefully have something to say about it other than, "I understand you, and I believe you" =)

A potatoe is a nice to have thing, but it by no means locks you out of content like the old system and allows you to be just as effective, if not as widely modded, as a supercharged warframe.

So while some people might see it as P2W it's more "Pay for convience"/"Pay for easy" since you can still go through and finish all of the missions with an uncharged frame.

Also while the potatoe alerts are fairly rare, I think they should be. I will not deny that it makes the game easier and a few things more convient because it doubles yoru mod capacity, but I also will stand by my claim that its not needed to "win" and unless you are a good player it wont allow you to go through and win the harder missions. And if you do get good with uncharged frames you can still run the higher end missions and complete them without a potatoe.

Anyways, back on topic:

The inventory/weapon slots are limited. What other games are doing this? Mabinogi for limited character slots adn that game is doing fairly well. Think of any F2P MMORPG that gives you unlimeted persistant characts.

LOL Allows you to have an unlimited amount of characters unlocked, but excuse/correct me if I am wrong, they are not persistant. In that when you finish a map and start a new one they are back to their base state. Correct?

In Warframe they have server space needed to store characters, the colors you have applied to them, the mods you have applied to them and all of their stats and stuff.

In LOL all they do is store a list of what skins and champions you have unlocked. They dont store each ones individual data for yoru account and link them like that.

That is why in any F2P MMO with persitant characters your slots are limited. You are essentially paying for extra server space to store your stuff.

First there isn't relly warframe problems but weapons problem because with an orokin reactor you get double damage from mods than without and potato.

Also this is not really a mmorpg with tons of items and customizations and even so i don't believe that it takes them so much space that your implying to store a user's data. It will just be lines of code as in purple-torso-loki and when you go in the game your loki will have a purple torso! It is a complicated system but they don't store the whole model or whatever, just some lines of code that tells the game what you have.

I believe you on this, but I lack experience with supercharged weapons. I've been leveling weapons to 30 and then selling them to pimp out my mastery. Soon as I get a potato, I'll experiment with a Hek or Gorgon. Then I'll hopefully have something to say about it other than, "I understand you, and I believe you" =)

A good way would actually be to give you the potatoe back after selling the weapon. as a BP maybe? They still would have to do recraft it but they wouldnt loose the potatoe at all?

Edit: maybe make it so you can only get the potatoe back from something that is maxed leveld? this way people would actually have to work with it for some time....

Edited by Venarge

I have a potatoed Hek (lucked out once). Without supercharge i can get hells chamver at 14 (100%multishot), point black 8 75% damage, incendiary coat 6 15% damage and i have 2 spots left. With supercharge i can get 15 multishot 120%, 9 damage 90%, 11 Fire damage 90%, electrical damage 11 90% and still have 14 slots left to increase crit chance or reload speed which will increase my damage.

So you have 100%multishot and 90% damage with 2 spots left with a non-supercharged Hek and you have 120% multishot and 270% damage with supercharge and you still have 14 slots to put even more fire speed, reload speed, crit chance to increase your dps even further.

Pretty big difference if you ask me.

Okay, what do you know. Just now I did an alert mission and the orokin reactor blueprint dropped. Giving me about a 1/20 or 1/30 ish drop rate for alert missions. Could be not as bad as I thought.

Notice that there are 12+ hours to do this alert mission. It's special because DE deliberately made it like that.

Does League of Legends have ads? No. Do they make everything available to free players except skins(vanity items)? Yes. I don't see your problem since warframe can do the same things.

League of Legends has about 40 million players; Warframe just got its first million. You just can't compare the two.

Not trying to start an internet fight, I just wish you'd look at the facts.

Edited by Speary