Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primes And Formas

Morvik

I just think it would be pretty cool if when you forma something, because it is kinda a rough thing to do, there was a little bit more reward aside from the polarity. Adding in some extra aesthetic, considering how obsessed most warframe players are with customization, would prove very rewarding. Say you forma your frost prime and it adds another streak of gold along the legs or arms, and would continue doing this for every forma applied. This would add more demand for formas and also distinguish the veteran players with a little bit more endgame incentive. If you enter a match with a Mag that has spider veins of gold running all over her, you could probably breathe a sigh of relief cuz everything is gonna be okay. Thoughts?

Exactly. Just another way for the veteran players to see their progress in game

I agree, it reminds me of being back in the closed beta period with the mod tree. When you upgraded your weapon or Warframe, you'd gain like this orb on your Warframes are and on your weapon the more you did to it.

...considering how obsessed most warframe players are with customization...

I agree, this would be very cool.

From a design standpoint I would think it'd be fairly difficult unfortunately. Because the warframe's skin would have to contain all the possible iterations of the gold or colored accents. 

That would be a lot of work for the DEV team to work on, especially when you consider how many warframes there already are.

Well if you consider the motion nodes I'm assuming they are using I don't think it would be to impossible to add in a couple streaks of gold onto existing models and import them, we're not talking a complete overhaul.... Think more of the weapon skins that they have released with next to no innovative design aspects and 99% of the work already done. To add golden tendrils to a frame should be relatively easy, including all eight iterations. Literally using a brush, save, use said brush again, save and so on. I'm nod good with 3D modeling but assuming they have custom brushes and textures for these it seems that it wouldn't be too terribly difficult. With the immense and appreciated focus that DE is putting on beginning players I feel that there needs to be a counterweight to prevent falloff of veteran players as well and support most ideas that intend to keep them around because honestly those are the ones that help me get my parts for new frames and weapons when they come out haha