Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revive system is silly, and other credit/plat issues

Biscuithammer

Let me just start off by saying that I have been enjoying this game quite a bit. However I do take a few issues with this game. The biggest one to me is the cash for revival system. This pretty much feels like a WarZ style cash-grab. If you're going to have a system like this that limits your ability to play the game there NEEDS to be a way for people to pay in credits.

Additionally, some of these platinum prices are really out of wack. A good example of this is the Rhino pack, which will require you to pay at least $50 in order to unlock it. I can't see anyone wanting to do that. Purchases need to be relatively painless and based on convienence. For the record I am totally okay with the Pro system because of this. It's a small payment and not really a big deal either way.

And finally, exclusive Platinum weapons/frames. This is never a good idea in a game because there is always the temptation to make these items BETTER then the items that can be bought with credits. I have not tried any of these weapons myself due to the aforementioned price-point issue, but I can see this being a problem, or at the very least a PERCEIVED problem. Perceived Pay2Win can be just as damaging to a game as real Pay2Win.

Edited by Biscuithammer

What are you talking about? the revives are just retrys for the current mission. You also get them recharged every day for free. It doesnt stop you from keep playing the game at all. If you use all the 4 revives you just get back to the map system and retry again.

Edited by Noja87

What are you talking about? the revives are just retrys for the current mission. You also get them recharged every day for free. It doesnt stop you from keep playing the game at all. If you use all the 4 revives you just get back to the map system and retry again.

It does, however, limit your ability to play the game. If you die in a mission that's it. You have to sit back and watch everyone else play. And the margin for error when you get downed is pretty slim. You'd better have someone right next to you otherwise you're going to need a revive. Especially on boss missions, which people will be grinding for the gear they want to get. Because, again, the prices are a little high on that stuff.

You have to sit back and watch everyone else play.

You can abort, exit and get in again in the same squad. In War Z if you run out of lives you cant play anymore. In Warframe if you run out of lives you just have to retry the level.

Also credit prices are fine. You can make credits easily in this game by selling mods. You dont have to pay $50 for Rhino either. You just need 35k.

Jb4Lw.jpg

I have 23 rows of mods and selling 2 rows gets me almost 80,000 credits.

Edited by Noja87

I will say I dont like how short the time frame for you to help them get back up. I should be a little longer mainly because you would go down ina firefight and while your busy trying to clear the enemy you might not be able to help them get back up.

I will say I dont like how short the time frame for you to help them get back up. I should be a little longer mainly because you would go down ina firefight and while your busy trying to clear the enemy you might not be able to help them get back up.

That's because enemies will keep shooting you while you're down if you fire when downed.

I would not object to a longer "bleed out" period. Hopefully a team sticks together and no one runs off on their own.

You can abort, exit and get in again in the same squad. In War Z if you run out of lives you cant play anymore. In Warframe if you run out of lives you just have to retry the level.

Also credit prices are fine. You can make credits easily in this game by selling mods. You dont have to pay $50 for Rhino either. You just need 35k.

Jb4Lw.jpg

I meant Platinum. The credit prices are fine. Also the problem with "you can just restart" is that on bosses that means that you end up eating up a crazy amount of time. The Jackal, for instance, is already way too long of a fight to be interesting. Add on to that the fact that you have to grind it and you can see why it's just not a reasible option when you have no revives. And even barring all this. Why should it be something that only credits can get you?

Edited by Biscuithammer

I meant Platinum. The credit prices are fine. Also the problem with "you can just restart" is that on bosses that means that you end up eating up a crazy amount of time. The Jackal, for instance, is already way too long of a fight to be interesting. Add on to that the fact that you have to grind it and you can see why it's just not a reasible option when you have no revives. And even barring all this. Why should it be something that only credits can get you?

I think you misunderstand the base premise then. You are not supposed to be able to "respawn". The option to revive yourself or be revived by someone else was added in. If you don't want to have to revive, don't die. If you arn't good enough to not die, play easier levels until you can get better gear. If you want the convenience of just getting back up after you've been shot down, then you use a revival point that they've so graciously provided.

That's because enemies will keep shooting you while you're down if you fire when downed.

I was not aware that this affected how long you had to be revived. If this is the case, I would request some sort of revival hp bar that appears both on your own screen and as a floating indicator over your downed body, to indicate how much time/hp you have left.

Edited by Ryme

If you arn't good enough to not die, play easier levels until you can get better gear.

I think we both know that there are plenty of times when this is out of your hands. A great example would be when me and another player (NewtypeNihon or something like that) ran through a door. He went first and got through. I, however, went from full health to downed because I ran into the laser fence that activated itself just after the door itself was opened.

It does, however, limit your ability to play the game. If you die in a mission that's it. You have to sit back and watch everyone else play. And the margin for error when you get downed is pretty slim. You'd better have someone right next to you otherwise you're going to need a revive. Especially on boss missions, which people will be grinding for the gear they want to get. Because, again, the prices are a little high on that stuff.

You realize this works the same in non-F2P co-op games, right? Mass Effect 3 would only revive you if you died if your team finished the current wave (and in most cases, depending on the difficulty, that could be unlikely).

Really, they aren't being that harsh here. I'd say the Pro being platinum only is a far bigger issue. Here, they're just saying "okay, if you don't do that well but want to keep playing, you either have to restart from the beginning of every mission you die in, or pay us to get more lifes". It's like a far more forgiving version of a coin-op game that gives you the first four "continue"s for free.

I think we both know that there are plenty of times when this is out of your hands. A great example would be when me and another player (NewtypeNihon or something like that) ran through a door. He went first and got through. I, however, went from full health to downed because I ran into the laser fence that activated itself just after the door itself was opened.

That's an issue with a scripted event then. You file a complaint about the scripted event not accounting for other people in a group.

You realize this works the same in non-F2P co-op games, right? Mass Effect 3 would only revive you if you died if your team finished the current wave (and in most cases, depending on the difficulty, that could be unlikely).

Really, they aren't being that harsh here. I'd say the Pro being platinum only is a far bigger issue. Here, they're just saying "okay, if you don't do that well but want to keep playing, you either have to restart from the beginning of every mission you die in, or pay us to get more lifes". It's like a far more forgiving version of a coin-op game that gives you the first four "continue"s for free.

Listen, I would be fine with a system in which if you die, that's it you have to either abort or just watch the rest of the mission play out. I have a bit of an issue with the fact that there are revives that can only be bought with cash.

Edited by Biscuithammer

Listen, I would be fine with a system in which if you die, that's it you have to either abort or just watch the rest of the mission play out. I have a bit of an issue with the fact that there are revives that can only be bought with cash.

First of all, the game already give to you FOUR revives per day, if you ran out of that, you really are a bad player, unlucky OR going into high level stakes missions.

There isn't anything that what you say will change the Revives system, this kind of system works out perfectly with any co-op game. Is not the first game that use this method and will not be the last. If you don't feel confortable just stop dying or stop playing is pretty simple as I think... And putting revives por credit would just make the game EVEN MORE easy! Just... No... Don't blame a system, because of your mistakes or team mistakes...

My primary complaints are the things I have died to; grenades that make NO noise (and were behind me so yeah, "dodging" was out). That aside, I buy weapons only to be told to buy them again when I attempt to equip them, fair to say that's not right.

Jb4Lw.jpg

Rhino isn't 35k, his blueprint is, but all together to make him would be 15k(Helmet)+15k(Chasis)+15k(System)+35k for the blueprint+the manufacturing cost. You do the math

Edited by CookieMillz

i have no issues since they refill it each day. I only use it them on missions that im about to finish but couldn't quite make it. Sure i wanted more when i first started but now after i got better it seems fair and plus you can see the animations for troops who throw grenades, if you pay attention close enough.

Just a suggestion, why it is not possible to get revives with credits? Maybe 2.500 or something higher...

And the time to be saved by a teamate is ridiculously short in the case of you have no revives available...

I think there's something to do at this point even if revives are recharged everyday... It's really boring to quit, come back and lost our progression...

All the people there are not hardcore gamers...

Thank you

Any and all cash purchases should be 'conveneint'

The revive system is actually a really good example of this. dieing during a mission is inconveneint. if you're dieing a lot, it's really just a testament to your skill level. nothing more. the missions aren't really meant to be solo'd. if you're dieng a lot in a group..stop being reckless.

if you're dieing to laser doors a lot...well. In general if you're raiding a place you don't want to charge through doors. you should always be expecting traps and ambushes. this follows the stop being reckless theme.

the blueprint system is also a great way to handle things. A casual player can spend a week farming for a frame and blue prints and parts. or you can spend like 10 bucks. I don't see a problem here either.