Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revive system is silly, and other credit/plat issues

Biscuithammer

I agree with OP, the fact that you have to pay real money for revives limits my time in-game, I wont go for big boss levels with 0 revives.

And before you goons start calling people noobs ect, this game has some serious lag at times added with 1 hit=death laser fences, grenades or those stompy Corpus things than stunlock you. You can in fact loose 4 lives a day regardless over how awesome and godlike you are at this game.

Or here's a thought. Someone might not be a pro player with lightning hand-eye co-ordination. Some people might even have slight disabilites hampering them.

I'd like to see a 4(-ish) deaths allowed per mission rather than day.

I agree with OP, the fact that you have to pay real money for revives limits my time in-game, I wont go for big boss levels with 0 revives.

And before you goons start calling people noobs ect, this game has some serious lag at times added with 1 hit=death laser fences, grenades or those stompy Corpus things than stunlock you. You can in fact loose 4 lives a day regardless over how awesome and godlike you are at this game.

Or here's a thought. Someone might not be a pro player with lightning hand-eye co-ordination. Some people might even have slight disabilites hampering them.

I'd like to see a 4(-ish) deaths allowed per mission rather than day.

I die lots and just start over. But then I'm new to the game so maybe the levels get bigger later on. I wonder how many will call for a change to revives after this latest patch that changed shield stacking.

Forgive me if I am wrong but... can't you shoot out cameras to prevent a laser trap from springing?

depends on if you're playing with a group. setting off a camera sets off all nearly security systems. If a group member runs through the door first and activates a camera around the corner, the fence will go up but you won't be able to shoot the camera. It's up to the other person to find the camera and take it out. But then there isn't much teamwork in this game to begin with.

Honestly the game isn't too bad. Fights against corpus and graneer are pretty easy if you just use cover yeah the fights take longer but shoot till your shield is low hide behind cover till it recharges repeat till they die. Infected are another story with all of them being melee just need to be a quick shot. It's nice that the revive system is there but when I play with my friends as long as we stick close with cover even if we go down we can still revive each other.

What are you talking about? the revives are just retrys for the current mission. You also get them recharged every day for free. It doesnt stop you from keep playing the game at all. If you use all the 4 revives you just get back to the map system and retry again.

If you use all four revives you have no more for the rest of the day, unless of course, you pull out your credit card.

If you use all four revives you have no more for the rest of the day, unless of course, you pull out your credit card.

And again, if player revival was more consistent I'd be more okay with it. But it's not, and if you're downed it's quite easy to end up dying since you aren't always right next to an ally. Even then, who knows? I've had players standing right on top of me try and revive me and nothing happens. I've also been in the reverse situation where holding X won't do anything.

In certain other co-op games, the only way to be helped back into the game is through someone else reviving you. This is the case for Mass Effect 3, Gears of War and Left 4 Dead (IIRC). You can be revived as many times as it's possible in this game. If there is a situation where you've died 7 times, a teammate can get you up on your feet. Maybe you die somewhere, where you can't get help. Instead of doing as some of the other games I've mentioned, you can click 'Revive' up to 4 times, daily. You can also pay money for more revives which is quite fair.

Other games that cost $60 do not offer this feature at all and are therefore harder; a game that costs no money offers this feature, making it easier, but for money. What exactly is the problem?

I think we both know that there are plenty of times when this is out of your hands. A great example would be when me and another player (NewtypeNihon or something like that) ran through a door. He went first and got through. I, however, went from full health to downed because I ran into the laser fence that activated itself just after the door itself was opened.

Pro tip: Dont zerg doors when on a robot mission.

And again, if player revival was more consistent I'd be more okay with it. But it's not, and if you're downed it's quite easy to end up dying since you aren't always right next to an ally. Even then, who knows? I've had players standing right on top of me try and revive me and nothing happens. I've also been in the reverse situation where holding X won't do anything.

Beta is beta. Report that bug.

It seems pretty fair, however if you dont play for a couple of days your revives should stack, you get 4/day so in 2 days you will have 8 and in 4 days 16 blah blah...

Err... no. I have only used all 4 once or twice. If they stacked they would constantly build up indefinitley, pretty much allowing bad players to finish content way out of their skill level.

Err... no. I have only used all 4 once or twice. If they stacked they would constantly build up indefinitley, pretty much allowing bad players to finish content way out of their skill level.

Obviously it'd have to have some sort of cap (maybe 8) or something.

Personally, once they retune certain things, I don't think we'd even need a revive consumable.

Obviously grenades, napalm grinee,r and laser doors have some problems. One-hit death mechanics are frustrating but also make the game challenging and remind the player to keep a level of situational awareness. That said, with the current lag/hit-detection issues, laser doors can chain-stunlock people until they die. If they must remain in the game at the moment, in their current state, I'd suggest the following:

- Reduce damage slightly

- Internal Timer OR removal of directional knockback so they can only hurt you once every few seconds or you don't get "stuck" in them.

I'd rather the developers just take them out until they can do the concept justice. I'm certainly more than willing to wait for properly implemented laser barriers than die to an incomplete feature. It seems this might be what they did, since I haven't seen any since the patch, but I've only gotten a chance to play for an hour or so.

As far as Grineer Napalm and grenades and other such one-shot mechanics, I think they'll just be retuned to what the "normal" shield level is after the changes. I can still get a 350-400 shield easily and my frame isn't even maxed-out yet and I don't have many really good shield mods, but this survivability, even though it's less than it was, is still the best choice for me. I think that once shields mods are working in a reasonable fashion, other mods should be buffed up to the point of usefulness compared to extra shielding.

But anyway, my point was that if they stacked, they shouldn't stack too much, or they should maybe allow one of them to be purchased for like 2.5k credits every couple hours instead of them all refilling every 24, or offer a revive consumable as an alert mission reward, if it's really necessary right now, but in general, once the difficulty is tuned to our current level of shields, and scales appropriately to the amount of players in the game (i.e. soloing becomes more viable), I don't think most players would require revives at all.

On the topics of revivals, it seems that based on the amount of damage it may shorten or lenthen your "bleed out" period. For example, if you're directly hit with Jackal's one shot shockwave ability you have (what feels like) 4 to 6 seconds to get a revival. That's not much time since your team is on the other side of the room and would require Volt speed or something to reach you just as you die. if you were just shot by grineer to death then you have much longer. I think it'd be beneficial to the players if it was just a flat rate.

Right now my issue with platinum is the crafting. Either wait 3 days for a warframe (that you took 12 hours to assemble at a minimum for parts) or pay 20 plat. Honestly, at max 36 hours would be good.