The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question About Rhino

Shavarath

Question

Good morning/afternoon/evening/night,

I had a question about the Rhino, skills in particular.

Whilst looking at the Rhino skills they seem awesome, I mean... Chargedestroy, godmode, roflstomp and roflstomp extreme, great right?

In reality I face the following frustrations with Rhino and I'm wondering if anyone could tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Rhino Charge

What it should be doing

Knocks down and "clobbers" enemies in its path goring his victim and doing a damaging AoE at the end

What it's doing for me

When it bumps into someone it does little to no damage

When I charge through a group, it does little to no damage

Radial Blast

What it should be doing

Rhino punches the ground, doing high damage in a small radius

What it's doing for me

Maybe, sometimes, does half a bar of damage in a tiny radius around me for 75 energy

Comparing what Rhino is currently doing compared to my Frost (similar mods such as power range), I don't see why Rhino would be preferable aside for the self-only invulnerability (whereas Frost can offer squad invulnerability to ranged) or the Roflstomp Extreme which does little damage aswell compared to Frost's devastating Avalanche.

So I'm either doing something wrong and someone needs to teach me, or Rhino is just poop (which I doubt).

5 answers to this question

The main thing about Rhino is Ironskin. In Rank 3 it lasts about 15 seconds, so expect 20 seconds modded. This means, that during those 15-20 seconds you can stand in 1000s of enemies and clobber them with your Melee weapon. They cannot stun you, they cannot harm you, you are a god amongst monsters.

If you see that those seconds were not enough to clear of all them, rhino-run out of there with your first ability.

Every other skills are not that good. But the one skill makes him godlike.

The only Rhino skill I use anymore is Iron Skin. And that's really all I need (with the skill and Continuity mod both maxed). With a nicely modded Gorgon or Hek plus my Fragor, I just pop Iron Skin, run straight in, and destroy everything.

It would be nice of the other skills were useful, but right now they're not.

Edited by zeroice

I'm using a Rhino with all skills maxed with maxed duration, power, and efficency mods.

Charge isn't supposed to do massive damage, it's supposed to knock down enemies, but I find it more useful for movement or 'screw this im outta here' moments.

Roflstomp fully leveled with mods does decent damage, on Callisto and Io up until wave 10 it instakills all thrash mobs within a decent radius, and has a pretty useful knockdown effect for higher level mobs when you want to buy yourself or others a few seconds to revive teammates or something like that.

Roflstomp extreme on the other hand does little damage but it has a far longer disabling effect on all enemies so you and your teammates can easily shred them with guns/melee/powers.

Rhino was the first Warframe I got after my starting one, and it is still my favorite. As it currently is, you shouldn't expect it to be a damage dealer. His abilities don't seem to do much damage, but they are great crowd control. I use Health, Shield Max, Shield Recharge, Energy Max, Ability Efficiency, Ability Range. This allows me to use my abilities alot, and makes them hit more people. I don't usually use the charge except for getting into or out of battle (but usually just into). Then the "Rofflestop" to save teammates and such. And if you have that build, and your teammates all have the Energy Siphon Artifact, don't be afraid to stomp multiple times in a row since you'll have tons of energy to do it with.. Ironskin is great too because it allows you to take all that damage. I'll often turn it on and just give the big guys a hug (usually with a giant axe) so that they focus me, which allows my teammates to not have to worry about being attacked.

So I don't think it needs to be changed, it just isn't supposed to do a huge amount of damage.