Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please, Improve The Exit Mecanism Of Endeless Defense (Idea)

(PSN)tpesconi

I play with a lot of (random) jerks that when the 5th (and subsequent x5) wave ends and the extraction is presented, they put that will continue, but one sec before the countdown ends, they move to exit and screw the remained players with host migration etc.

Here is my idea:

When the countdown begins, allow the players to select exit only till 5 sec before the countdown ends, on the counterpart, the players that selected exit can select to continue till the countdown ends, this will fix a BIG annoyance in my opinion and give a REAL idea of who will continue and who will not with enough time to all players REACT.

I've often wished that once all players had made a choice one way or the other it would automatically enforce all player choices immediately, but I doubt that will ever happen.

That what how it was original, if the majority of the players wanted to stay, the whole team stayed, if the majority left, they all leave. They changed it because of the change in how rewards was issued. Because before you could quit a mission and still have all credits, mods, and what not, then they changed it to what it is now. Which is great, but for defense missions, if you stay until wave 15 or 20, and you feel that you can't stay any longer, you couldn't back out, and if you stayed, and the whole team ended up being too greedy and failed, they'd all lose all progress. 

But I would like limitations on the period of the when you can change your vote, and make it so if you try to change you vote at any time, you get a nice little pop up asking "Are you sure?", it wouldn't stop them all from doing that, but it was stop any of the stick fiddlers and mistakes made. I know I pulled a jerk move like that by mistake, bumped my controller's stick, caused me last second to pick leaving, it pissed off everyone, and before I can apologize it split me from the rest of the team.

I play with a lot of (random) jerks that when the 5th (and subsequent x5) wave ends and the extraction is presented, they put that will continue, but one sec before the countdown ends, they move to exit and screw the remained players with host migration etc.

Here is my idea:

When the countdown begins, allow the players to select exit only till 5 sec before the countdown ends, on the counterpart, the players that selected exit can select to continue till the countdown ends, this will fix a BIG annoyance in my opinion and give a REAL idea of who will continue and who will not with enough time to all players REACT.

First off, let me correct you. The mission that you are in is not YOUR mission, it is simply a shared mission, and this applies even if you are the host, as you have given up all rights to control by selecting "online" from the menu. You have all the tools at your disposal already to limit your exposure to "jerks", or as I call them, "regular players", like for example, invite only games.

Are you seriously here complaining that random players, are doing random things, in a random game?

What happens if you join a game and a Loki starts to Switch Teleport you directly into mobs? Vauban Bounce? A Frost spamming pure white Snow Globes? Valkyr constantly Rip Line'ing you around? A Volt that just spams Speed? Or even people just following you around with an annoying weapon like an Ignis and firing it directly into your face with a pink energy color.

What happens is you put up with it, finish the mission and go play another one, that's what happens.

-snip-

What happens is you put up with it, finish the mission and go play another one, that's what happens.

actually no, if i'm hosting i disconnect that player or the entire group.

if not hosting, i quit the match and find another.

but that's me. some people might actually put up with that kind of stupidity.

You have all the tools at your disposal already to limit your exposure to "jerks", or as I call them, "regular players", like for example, invite only games.

Well, I think "regular players" don't exit/change when only 0.5 sec is left on the countdown, but this is my opinion, you can have your own.