Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"soma Vs. Boltor Prime" Thing Is Vague. Need Clarity

Yazeth

Question

I keep wondering which is actually better. On Warframe-Builder, Boltor Prime has a much better dps over Soma. But, one thing to note is that the Soma CAN out-dps the Boltor Prime on critical head shots. The Soma is better for long range shooting since it's a hit scan weapon, but the accuracy lost from Heavy Calibur seems to be more noticible than the Boltor Prime's. I also heard that the Boltor Prime has a better ammo economy as well.  My question to you is, which weapon is more RELIABLE to use for those long Survival/Defense runs?

P.S.: Does Boltor Prime have a good enough ammo economy that it doesn't need an Ammo Mutation mod on it, when talking about long Survival/Defense mission?

Boltor prime is better by far, unless you spam shield with volt. But when you do it, Amprex becomes even more powerful (and its range gets uncapped). Also, Boltor p allows a little more customization, because you don't need to build for crits.

I think the only advantage that soma has, that you can buy the blueprint directly from the market, no clan research or void farming required, and still does ok in 99% of the situations.