Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Few Questions About Shotguns, Other Weapons, And Resource Farming.

hijinks_the_turtle

Question

Heya peeps!  Jinks here again, what are some good places to farm for plastids?  I never seem to get enough at Phobos if there are good missions to do that usually gives out a lot of these at Phobos, please say so).  Also, any good automatic/long range shotguns in general?  I found out how bad I was with Strun was overall and how it affected my performance (though, it's good practice).  Also, the Lanka, is it a good weapon to get as well?  

On an unrelated note, why does Phobos tileset look more like Mars than what Mars currently looks like?  I was surprised when Mars looked like some frigid white/blue snowy planet.

Edited by hijinks_the_turtle

12 answers to this question

On an unrelated note, why does Phobos tileset look more like Mars than what Mars currently looks like?  I was surprised when Mars looked like some frigid white/blue snowy planet.

Teraforming.

I get a lot of plastids on saturn.

For shotguns, take a look at the Phage. Although the way it operates makes it a continuous weapon, it's one of the best in the game.

Easily 12k damage if modded correctly, the fact that it's innate viral is just a bonus. It also has excellent ammo economy.

I would not advise Lanka, snipers are very out-of-place in Warframe.

For shotguns, take a look at the Phage. Although the way it operates makes it a continuous weapon, it's one of the best in the game.

Easily 12k damage if modded correctly, the fact that it's innate viral is just a bonus. It also has excellent ammo economy.

I would not advise Lanka, snipers are very out-of-place in Warframe.

Is there a sniper like weapon that isn't bad?  (Not bows, something like a single shot dmr?)

Also, is the Phage hard to farm for in terms of resources?

Lanka is a beast of a gun as some say me I prefer a Semi-Auto Shotty since I prefer no to have a Ammo Mutation mod taking up the slot of some other utility though most Shotguns cap out at 15M I've noticed Hek and Tigris being able to reach 20M and still do full damage so there's that   For Plastids I go Staturn for hopes of getting a O-Cell or too as well. And yeah Terraforming seems to have thrown a few planets out of whack, like how Pluto actually has sunlight!!!

Edit: Snipers feel out of place but I'll be honest they flow quite well when you get the hang of it I can take my Snipetron V and just go to town in any map though if you want a high damage semi-auto rifle I recommend the Latron Prime it's a strong gun that suits those who like accuracy and works in varying ranges. if you want most damage for your buck just get Vectis and find Charged Chamber.

Edited by Zero.No.Hikari

Is there a sniper like weapon that isn't bad?  (Not bows, something like a single shot dmr?)

Also, is the Phage hard to farm for in terms of resources?

It's not that the lanka is bad, it's just that single shot weapons don't really have a place in Warframe. It's too fast paced to stop and line up a shot constantly.

30k credits, 4 mutagen masses, 1500 circuits, 6k nano spores, and 1 forma. It's clan-tech. So no, not too hard to build. Definitely worth it.

Lanka is a beast of a gun as some say me I prefer a Semi-Auto Shotty since I prefer no to have a Ammo Mutation mod taking up the slot of some other utility though most Shotguns cap out at 15M I've noticed Hek and Tigris being able to reach 20M and still do full damage so there's that   For Plastids I go Staturn for hopes of getting a O-Cell or too as well. And yeah Terraforming seems to have thrown a few planets out of whack, like how Pluto actually has sunlight!!!

Edit: Snipers feel out of place but I'll be honest they flow quite well when you get the hang of it I can take my Snipetron V and just go to town in any map though if you want a high damage semi-auto rifle I recommend the Latron Prime it's a strong gun that suits those who like accuracy and works in varying ranges. if you want most damage for your buck just get Vectis and find Charged Chamber.

Can't agree more...tho i do use the boar prime and that ammo economy...well 'nuff said, but i still don't use ammo mutation mod (maybe cause i always carry around 100+ medium ammo restores and i still rarely use them) so with ammo restores you can even make the boar prime stand for long :P

It's not that the lanka is bad, it's just that single shot weapons don't really have a place in Warframe. It's too fast paced to stop and line up a shot constantly.

30k credits, 4 mutagen masses, 1500 circuits, 6k nano spores, and 1 forma. It's clan-tech. So no, not too hard to build. Definitely worth it.

Hmm.... Okay, I did some research... Would the Latron be a good replacement for a sniper?  I do hope that snipers will get a rework sometime though.

As for mutagen masses/samples, is there specific missions where infested spawn frequently on their own planet?

Boar Prime has the best burst DPS for shotguns, its ammo economy is horrible though.

As for mutagen masses/samples, is there specific missions where infested spawn frequently on their own planet?

I'd do ODD with a nekros for mutagen samples. You can get 50-60 a run easily.

Hmm.... Okay, I did some research... Would the Latron be a good replacement for a sniper?  I do hope that snipers will get a rework sometime though.

Both the Latron/Prime and Sybaris are very good marksmen rifles.

As for mutagen samples, I agree with Vaugahn. Take a Nekros to a solar rail or ODD.