Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is There A Setting For Rag-Dolling Enemies?

Jumba255

Question

I think the animations for kills with ranged weps (besides piercing ones that make them fly back or explosive ones) are boring and get in the way most of the time. I like to see people ragdoll when I kill them but I can't see that when using my favorite weps :(

4 answers to this question

The thing is, that ragdoll is also a "type of damage". You can damage enemies with flying bodies of their comrades. It just wouldn't work - different ragdoll for every player? It would cause enemies to die "just because", because host ragdolled a Butcher into another Butcher, while there was no ragdoll for clients.

Besides, turning ragdoll to max would additionally boost potential damage of all of your weapons.

Sorry, but no. Let's keep this mechanic to weapons like Bolto and Paris.

Yep, I miss the ragdoll, I still remember how the Boar would throw crewman against the wall.

Now every enemy that does not die by slash or puncture does the "hand up in air and lean back before falling to their knees" animation.

It needs more variation, there have been other threads, but nothing has changed.

A number of updates ago this used to be a thing, sure we got animations, but not for every kill.

Kills with non bolt weapons could also ragdoll (not pin sure, but ragdoll).

I wonder why it was removed, maybe networking performance or something I suppose.

Edit: To OP, for now all you can do is try different weapons, high slash weapons will tear them up, puncture will blow holes in enemies, etc.

Edited by Egg_Chen