Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Make Looting Worth It

immolator1001

(This starts out as feedback but adds new stuff so move if necessary)

As it stands players generally reach a certain point where looting is useless unless they are farming materials (please don't say "but I loot!" if you've played this game you know what I mean). For the most part boxes remain unopened and rooms unexplored because its not worth it so here are some suggestion to make it more worth it and maybe make it feel like you're actually going through your enemies' stuff.

What's in there now and should be changed:

Affinity Orbs-

1. Make affinity orbs be something you can collect and spend. Reward players who amass these by allowing them to spend it on gear they don't want to level or boost some newly forma'd gear so you ca put a mod or 2 on it.

2. Increase how much affinity they give, 100 affinity isn't much killing 3 or so enemies will give you that and if you take down an eximus you can get 40 times that. Not sure how much, but enough to make a noticeable difference.

Credit caches-

1. Have them scale with the level of the enemies you're fighting

New things that could be added:

Mods-

1. Make mods drop and have these mods be based on the enemy's drop table

Boosts-

2. Orbs that boost different states for 10 seconds or so. This could be shields, base health, damage, reduced ammo consumption, affinity boost, credit boost, punch through, etc.

Actual loot (maybe should be added):

Cosmetics-

1. Simple non-plat exclusive cosmetics, nothing too flashy like a bandana, arm band, simple shoulder pads

2. Have the cosmetic's appearance be based on the enemy like grineer shoulder pads, moa armor, or infested growths.

3.Have different rarities of cosmetics. Everything but the highest rarity cosmetics should not be close to the plat only cosmetics in awesomeness, however the rarest can be at plat level awesomeness.

4. Make all but the rarest of these cosmetics tradable.

Weapons (least sure about this one)-

1. Have the ability to find parts to find parts to secret corpus, grineer, infested and maybe corrupted weapons

2. Only able to start getting these parts after doing a quest for the bp

3. Weapons shouldn't be massively powerful, just interesting

The point of all this is to make it so Tenno no longer feel like looting is a waste of time. 

Thoughts?

Edited by immolator1001

Only thing I agree with is mods, aside from the derelicts and void's obstacle courses, no where else drops mods from crates or lockers. As for affinity orbs what you are saying sounds partially like the focus system(although there is nothing to base this off of since we have limited info on that). Credits already scale I think, also I don't think anyone has a problem amassing credits in the game, all you need is to run void missions. Everything else you mentioned is a part of the current way DE makes profit, so I don't think they should be implemented.

Only thing I agree with is mods, aside from the derelicts and void's obstacle courses, no where else drops mods from crates or lockers. As for affinity orbs what you are saying sounds partially like the focus system(although there is nothing to base this off of since we have limited info on that). Credits already scale I think, also I don't think anyone has a problem amassing credits in the game, all you need is to run void missions. Everything else you mentioned is a part of the current way DE makes profit, so I don't think they should be implemented.

I don't have a problem getting credits, but its currently like looking behind someones couch and finding a nickel. The affinity orbs aren't just for excess affinity, its would be more for allowing you to not have to use weapons you don't want to.  And I understand DE needs to make money, thats why these cosmetics are simpler and no where near as extravagant as the plat ones. As for weapons we already have the brakk and detron, why not add some more?

As for affinity orbs what you are saying sounds partially like the focus system(although there is nothing to base this off of since we have limited info on that).

Not even close.

also I don't think anyone has a problem amassing credits in the game, all you need is to run void missions.

The sheer amount of players leaving Sechura at wave 5 tells me you're quite wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I like the idea of cosmetic loot items. Even if it was very small things, that alone would make me actually spend time walking through all the treasure rooms. Of course, main armor and syadana stuff would have to remain much larger, more noticeable, and much cooler and Tenno-like as to keep people spending platinum, but I do like it.

Love it, although the weapon parts could use some work, just because a weapon is interesting doesn't make it worth it. I'd rather interesting, and viable

Everything is viable to an extent. MK1-Braton can make it to T3. But pretty much everything falters in endless modes, which are arguably not what endgame content should be represented as. Because in that case, it's either Boltor Prime or go home. I mean, with that thing around, what's the point of other weapons? I'd say viable is 'able to be modded to at least mid-level' (end of starchart/Void).